Thoughts on EROCC - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Competition and Event Info > Competitions and Events
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2003, 08:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
K1
Badlands Staff

Member # 12215
Thoughts on EROCC

Charlie and I were down at EROCC competing this past weekend and I thought that everyone did a great job and I give everyone two thumbs up.

I have NEUROC coming up in a few weeks and I wanted to get some imput from the competitors. What did everyone think about the "no break down time" rule? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks
Kyle
K1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2003, 08:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 6291
you guys did very well Kyle !

My only complaint would be the need for more food
vendors I guess. We waited about 1.5hrs for a hamburger
on saturday. Didn't even bother trying on sunday.

besides that it was a great time

- jack
Old 04-29-2003, 08:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 10226
Send a message via AIM to maxx Send a message via Yahoo to maxx
i think its ok. its the same for everyone, and i dont see nascar holding up a race for gordon when they pit. but then again i dont know nuttin.
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2003, 09:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 6007
We had absolutely no problems with it. We needed to go to the trailer a couple times and always had plenty of time left before our next obstacle to do so. Also avoids a lot of confusion.

And maxx is queer

Lead Foot Syndicate
bigdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2003, 09:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 10226
Send a message via AIM to maxx Send a message via Yahoo to maxx
hey biggirl, i would rethink my words you need to go to page 4 there is proof of whos light in their loafers.
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2003, 09:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 6007
Quote:
Originally posted by maxx
hey biggirl, i would rethink my words you need to go to page 4 there is proof of whos light in their loafers.
That was some other guy with a blue shirt on

Lead Foot Syndicate
Old 04-29-2003, 10:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 10018
Send a message via AIM to vorlando
We had to use the 20 min rule once and head to the trailer. I think my only complaint was that getting through the crowds took half of the time Other than that it was not an issue.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12158
Hey Kyle

I think it really wasn't that bad, maybe do the same but with 30 minutes. I had to sneak away to run a weld bead before we ran #4, I ran back to the trailer a couple times on sunday too for other stuff, even thru the crowd. Chris Durham made it ok after he rolled. I'd rather have 20 or 30 minutes 4 times a day than 45 minutes once a weekend.

Breakage is reality but people need to come with there stuff dialed in too- that's racing.
Team #192/4192

Thanks to our partners

Maxxis, Trail-Gear, Yukon Gear, Goatbuilt, Tom Woods Custom Driveshafts, Ruffstuff specialties, Warn Winch, Rokit Enterprises, Viair, Edge Perf., Branik Motorsports, PRP seats, 12V unlimited, Bailie built, Alltech, Raceline
Go2Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2003, 10:57 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 957
worked well for us.

some obstacles tho had over an hour wait on them, while others went straight through. we didnt attempt to fix between roberts revenge and dingle berry because of lack of time. however we waited over an hour between satans own(time completed 11:21) and rabid(time completed 12:49)and another two hours before triple winch (time completed 2:40). so time was not an issue for us.

on roberts revenge, we started at 11:27 am, timed out, took 18 minutes to extract, and started dingleberry almost immediately.

on almost all occasions, it was more than 20 minutes from teh completion of the last obstacle, before our position was up to run the next..
ChrisPy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2003, 01:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 1136
The 20 min rule is OK if they would open a road from The bottom where 9 and 10 are to the parking lot. I mean a strait shot to the trailers. It took 10 min for us to get from 9 where we broke to the parking lot. Maybe even give 30 mins for the 2 obsticles down in the hole. Maybe even factor in the extraction time with it. Like go from when you timed out. When you time out your 40 mins starts if you get out in 5 you still have 35 to get it fixed and back to the next one.

Toddy

Last edited by Toddy; 04-29-2003 at 01:01 PM.
Toddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2003, 01:13 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 10643
Quote:
Originally posted by Toddy
The 20 min rule is OK if they would open a road from The bottom where 9 and 10 are to the parking lot. I mean a strait shot to the trailers. It took 10 min for us to get from 9 where we broke to the parking lot. Maybe even give 30 mins for the 2 obsticles down in the hole. Maybe even factor in the extraction time with it. Like go from when you timed out. When you time out your 40 mins starts if you get out in 5 you still have 35 to get it fixed and back to the next one.

Toddy
There is a road already available from there. It came out behind the BFG truck. Sorry, we should have communicated this at the driver's meeting.
TrailKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2003, 01:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 1599
Location: Indianapolis, IN. Home of the Brickyard 400, Indy 500, and USGP!
Send a message via Yahoo to SpaceGhost
Quote:
Originally posted by TrailKeeper

There is a road already available from there. It came out behind the BFG truck. Sorry, we should have communicated this at the driver's meeting.
We didn't have any trouble finding it, and used it several times. Now that they know about it, I'm sure they will use it for a quick access to the pits.

Tim, maybe add it to the maps?

UROC Team #180 running:
BFG's 37" Krawlers, Gordon Beadlocks, HP60's, T-Max w/Blue Diamond Rope, Green Filters, Marlin's ToyBox, 3.8 Atlas II, and "I got the shaft from Jesse" but I couldn't have done without Badlands Machine Shop (765-762-2981)!
SpaceGhost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2003, 02:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 10643
Quote:
Originally posted by SpaceGhost

We didn't have any trouble finding it, and used it several times. Now that they know about it, I'm sure they will use it for a quick access to the pits.

Tim, maybe add it to the maps?
Will do. That road was added after the maps were printed - we didn't know if the dozer was going to have time to make it or not before the event.
TrailKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2003, 02:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 10379
Hay Trailkeeper;
Am wanting a official (ERROC MOTOR HOUSE) sticker
to put on the motor home
since we have been to every event in it.
Hats off to you guys , you did a great job, as usual.
fabricator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2003, 02:51 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 4098
Send a message via ICQ to jeepinchad
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisPy
worked well for us.

on roberts revenge, we started at 11:27 am, timed out, took 18 minutes to extract, and started dingleberry almost immediately.

This may be something we (ERoCC) needs to look at. Your final score should not have been called in until your vehicle was removed from the obstacle. I think Robert's had a 7 minute time limit, so:

11:27a - START
11:34a - OBSTACLE TIME OUT
11:52a - Extrication from obstacle complete.
11:52a - Score called in and verified by score desk.
12:12p - Due at next obstacle

That is how it should have played out.

Go2Guy is right... we felt this was a great way to organize the use of breakdown time because if you run out of your 45 min. on Saturday after your first obstacle, you are spectating the rest of the day. But... if there is an hour wait on the next obstacle you have, you get that hour to fix your stuff. If you can't fix it then, but it takes an hour and 10 minutes to fix, you can catch back up with your group at your 3rd obstacle, and still be able to compete rather than watch. You'd only suffer a 50 pt penalty at one obstacle rather than a 50 pt penalty at the 4 obstacles you had to sit and watch because you were out of breakdown time.

More feedback... we really want to know if this works. If it doesn't, please offer suggestions... if it does work, please continue to offer reasons why you did like it.
Old 04-29-2003, 04:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 13221
Send a message via AIM to tubehead
I was not able to compete last weekend but it looked like everything was running smooth. Why no national anethiem?

Kyle, it's Charlie's little redneck buddy. What's the website for info on the neurock event.
tubehead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2003, 05:07 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 10018
Send a message via AIM to vorlando
Tubehead-

www.neuroc.com or www.paragonap.com

Vince
Old 04-29-2003, 05:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
K1
Badlands Staff

Member # 12215
Thanks for the imput guys Keep it coming that what helps all of these events get better.

Jack sorry I didnt get much time to chat with you but I will catch up with you next time

Ken congrats that was one heck of a job you and chuck did. Hope to see you soon

Travis I heard you might be coming up this way? Charlie and I can make sure you have a good time up here in the North
K1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2003, 07:29 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 14314
I thought it worked out fine.Blew a ring gear ,changed it
at the BFG truck.Got to next obstacle and still had
time to eat lunch.Now the obstacle times were another
story
Jeff
Toytek8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2003, 07:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 13232
Send a message via AIM to nosliw Send a message via Yahoo to nosliw
yeah jeff, you romping on the yoyo on #5 with the ring gear chattering was pretty awesome....i was a judge on that obstacle...great drivin!

overall, i think everythign went smooth....as far as the call ins on the radio and stuff go (like what chad was saying)...that will take some practice.....radio call in's and time allowed to and from obstacles was confusing as all hell.
nosliw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2003, 08:28 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 12793
i had a great time this weekend. the best part of the sport is how that everyone helps one another... my buddy deas (#4) broke on the hill climb @ #3 and went back to the motel and repaired.. we borrowed from everyone (tools,time, and parts) .. i just didn't understand why when a guy got off the coarse why it took so long to get the next one on... get the guys on faster and give them more time on the obstacle????? if it's only 2-3 minutes... i think it would stop a lot of the rockracing (less rollovers and less carnage of parts) i was really impressed what time the event was over... my .02

congrats to toytek8 placed #13 (1st time in is new buggy)
congrats to jeepguru7 placed #6 in legends (first comp)
Old 04-29-2003, 08:34 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 8435
Send a message via AIM to rkcrawl
Quote:
Originally posted by SpaceGhost

We didn't have any trouble finding it, and used it several times. .

Easy to say here Mike. So going uphill in front wheel drive, yea I saw road off to the right... no idea where it went, I was supposed to just go joy riding? It should have been mentioned in the drivers meeting, it might, stress might, have prevented us from being DQ'd on #10.

However, I do like the part about not being DQ'd for the whole day.

I will be dialed in by the July event. Maybe lighter too
Old 04-30-2003, 07:22 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 15093
Send a message via AIM to BIGBLOCKFJ40
Ive been to 2 erocc events and say they are the smoothest running event ive ever seen. Even compared to hillybilly bogs here in michigan with only about 500 people. not 8,000.

i only have one complaint!!!. DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE FOOD LINES!!!. i sat in line for 1.5 hours. i timed it!. and still didnt make it to the front. i was only 40 people from the front when i got in line. and still 20 people back from the counter when i gave up on eating for the day. I stood in the food line on the hill with the nachos and stuff. my freinds took the line in the valley with the hot dogs. they were in line for 1.5 hours also. and when they finally got to the front. they were "OUT" of food. but then 5 minutes later they were cooking again. things would go alot faster if the people working the booth were serving the people that were waiting pateintly rather than all there buddies that walk up to the side of the booth and get food right away. cause they "know" them.

I understand competitors and judges shouldnt have to wait at all. They are real busy and have alot to do.

but when i see 20 friggen teenagers just walk up there and start buying stuff while ive been sitting in line for over an hour. I almost went nuts. I'LL NEVER get food there again. time for the ole sack lunch idea

Old 04-30-2003, 07:36 AM   #24 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 6007
1 BBQ grill in a tent + 8000 people (say 1/4 of them are hungry) + only one other food stand = a really ugly situation

Lead Foot Syndicate
Old 04-30-2003, 07:42 AM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 14314
A BIG THANKS to offrdcrazy and spaceghost.Without
you guys I would have been on the trailer.You guys
make competing fun.
Thanks guys
Jeff
Toytek8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.