cage design question - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Competition and Event Info > Competitions and Events
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2003, 01:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 11134
Send a message via AIM to beerisgood
cage design question

I live on the right coast and am eventually going to compete my problem lies in the fact that I want to compete on both coasts and that means having to meet tech for at least 4 different sanctioning orginizations, I'm guessing I should build it to the strictest ones standards, but which one is tha?
[FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="Red"]Flaming Weasel Marketing and Promotion-Your full service sponsorship locator, proposal creation, and servicing company. I don’t make money unless you do-100% commission. 50% of all sales from PBB will be donated to land use organizations. Send a PM to see what we can do to help you. [/FONT][/COLOR]
Téigh trasna ort féin
I need a CTD engine...have one for sale?
beerisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 02:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Member # 1
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance
What class?
Old 06-19-2003, 07:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 11134
unlimited
[FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="Red"]Flaming Weasel Marketing and Promotion-Your full service sponsorship locator, proposal creation, and servicing company. I don’t make money unless you do-100% commission. 50% of all sales from PBB will be donated to land use organizations. Send a PM to see what we can do to help you. [/FONT][/COLOR]
Téigh trasna ort féin
Old 06-23-2003, 10:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 2159
Send a message via ICQ to Supergper Send a message via AIM to Supergper Send a message via MSN to Supergper Send a message via Yahoo to Supergper
correct me if I am wrong but there isn;t a whole lot of differing rules in the unlimited class between different bodies...its when you are trying to compete in legends or stock mod or any of the lower classes in multiple bodies that major conflicts arise...
Old 06-23-2003, 11:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 6576
I think his question might be asking about rules regarding wall thickness, and tube type?? I may be wrong, but that was my take

Brian--
Rage 4th............ "safety is our #2 concern"
1uglyranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 05:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 11134
Quote:
Originally posted by 1uglyranger
I think his question might be asking about rules regarding wall thickness, and tube type?? I may be wrong, but that was my take

Brian--
eaxctly, I plan on competeing in erocc, nueroc, rcca, calrocs and urocc at some point and I was wondering which sanctioning bodies rules were stricter(it seems there all a little bit different) so I could just build the thing and not have to reconfigure it for each series.
Téigh trasna ort féin

Last edited by beerisgood; 06-24-2003 at 05:39 AM.
Old 06-24-2003, 06:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 13221
Send a message via AIM to tubehead
ERoCC is working with SFI on hammering out just what exactly we need for a cage. They will update their rules for 2004. You might check their website for updates.
tubehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 07:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 7482
I can promise they will require 120 wall or chromemoly to be the standard. Build it to hold up and don't worry so much about weight. It's your life and you will roll sometime or another. We use 120 and have rolled many times this year and havn't had to replace anything yet.
pure-adrenaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 10:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 13536
Send a message via Yahoo to TerryHowe
I agree that 120 wall DOM would be the way to go. If you are just starting out, you are going to roll a lot and in a year you'll want to change everything anyway. Between my booty fab and destroying rigs, I'm glad I haven't spent money on CroMo yet. I don't think the competitions are at the leve yet where you have to go CroMo. You need to drive and have throw away rigs.
Old 06-24-2003, 06:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 15727
The cage we use on our buggy is mostly 1.75 and bracing is 1.5 rhew. We rolled it hard once laid it over twice and scraped it on rocks many times and another fellow rolled his cromo caged rig and the whole thing diamonded to one side. So I think it should be more of a design thing, with the proper gussets and bracing no matter what material you use (obviously no one would go bellow 1/8" wall if its not cromo, but the minimum thickness should always be stated).
team #313 Rock Diamond Racing
Specail thanks to the4x4place.com
thejeepjeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 06:58 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 11134
thanks all
Téigh trasna ort féin