EROCC...Venue Crap @ Jellico, TN - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Competition and Event Info > Competitions and Events
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2003, 10:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 13410
Send a message via ICQ to TJ Fan Send a message via AIM to TJ Fan Send a message via Yahoo to TJ Fan
EROCC...Venue Crap @ Jellico, TN

I wanted to let everyone know our past weekend experience in wonderfull Jellico. We knew going down there, after being at the Drivers meeting(Badlands), that there had been behavior issues with certain people that were attending the event. Those people acting up had evidently damaged the rooms that they had stayed in. At the drivers meeting at the previous event in Badlands, the EROCC staff informed everyone that the hotels were raising the rates(considerably..from 55.00 to around 85.00) due to these actions and that it was "understandable". Someone in the crowd said something and a "staffer" made a reference toward NASCAR and how much a hotel cost at those events and what we attend is in sort a bargain compared to other events. No offense, but I worked with NASCAR in the past and you can't even compare that organization to this or any other rockcrawling org. to be pretty blunt...they are not on the same level yet. The Staff continue to say to support the town of Jellico, TN,..blah...blah..blah. We check into the DAYS INN and I am in the lobby and the kid behind the counter asks me if we are with the "rockcrawlers"...I didn't think nothing of it at the time and answer "yes" and he proceeds to check us in. We go to the event and start hearing some rumors about the rates and that they are varying at the same hotel. I walk back into the lobby (after the event) and ask the kid at the desk "Is everyone at the hotel paying the same new rate?" He answers "yes" so I walk outside and run into a guy that was in the lobby when I was there and he proceeds to tell me that he just checked in (was there for EROCC) and they asked him if he was with the "rockcrawlers" and he said "no"..he was there for a convention...he got charged the rate of 55.00 per night...now I am fawkin irate, especially after being lied to. So I walk to my room and I pass a young couple and out of curiosity ask them what they paid (they were just passing through for vacation) and they say 50 some dollars... So I go back to the desk clerk and he says "If you don't like it you can leave" and cops this real shitty attitude with me. I thought this practice was called discrimination and against the law? And where did all the Staff stay (the ones that were not camping)??...12 miles up in Williamsburg maybe ???? Alot of others were up there also I heard at the event due to the 37.00 per night hotels. What happened to all this talk of supporting the town and its establishments being preached earlier?? Another BS action was the fire dept canvassing in the middle of the road as the event was letting out..tying up traffic..come awn already. Why can't they just set up and sell food like the church groups and make an honest buck? I am starting to hear the giant sucking sound as I approach Jellico and I think it is aimed at all of our wallets. Just my .02 cents......which is all I have left after leaving that place.
[URL="http://www.mad4wd.com/tek9.asp?pg=rockcrusher"]
Custom Ford 9", Dana 44 & Dana 60 Axles[/URL]
[URL="http://www.mad4wd.com/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=310"]Dana 60 & Dana 44 High Steer Arms[/URL]
[URL="http://www.mad4wd.com/tek9.asp?pg=products&specific=jrgrkme0"]Tube Clamps[/URL]
[URL="http://www.mad4wd.com/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=290"]Bilstein Shocks - In Stock[/URL]
TJ Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 02:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 12695
We had no problems at the Indian Mountain state park. 15.00 a night with with hook ups.

I did see the fire dept. holding out hats but not stopping anybody.

We had a great time and met several PBB members.

Dan
Old 08-19-2003, 06:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 8435
Send a message via AIM to rkcrawl
FWIW - I don't think that Fire Department canvassing is part of Jellico... I hear you about the rates, and it seems Days Inn is being pretty crass. I didn't get any of that at the Jellico Motel.

If they keep doing that, then they lose business, bottom line as I would never stay there again.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 957
the fire department got us for $2.

cant really blame them tho, did you see thier trucks? they were built before FIRE was invented.
ChrisPy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 11:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 15093
Send a message via AIM to BIGBLOCKFJ40
we also stayed at indian mountain campground. had absolutely no problems. same great rate. same great bunch of people. this was my favorite erocc yet.

for the firefighters. damn. cut em some friggin slack. they have 2 damn trucks that were built by henry ford personally in the 1900's. and the veterans look to be about 18 yrs old.

all this bitching and complaining about rates is getting old. if you cant afford it. go to the damn campground with the rest of us. much cheaper and a much nicer view.

last i heard you werent allowed to have campfires at hotels?

Old 08-19-2003, 11:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 16224
Find a 1-800 number for Days Inn, and call and b-up a storm! Hell, call a couple times. Never know what it'll get you. Worst case, you wasted 5 mins of your life... Days Inn is owned by a big chain (forget the name) - mention that you travel a lot on business, and you will NEVER stay at another one of their chains (all, not just Days Inn), and see what affect you get.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12158
I had breakfast Friday at the Days Inn (was good too) and spent some coin at alot of local places, everyone was warm and friendly.

I don't agree with Days in room rates policies- just go somewhere else. When the weekends are booked everywhere but there they will have learned a lesson. I don't think any of the other places will be having trouble in the future.

By the way- Heritage Pizza has awesome, inexpensive pizza and they deliver to the campground
Team #192/4192

Thanks to our partners

Maxxis, Trail-Gear, Yukon Gear, Goatbuilt, Tom Woods Custom Driveshafts, Ruffstuff specialties, Warn Winch, Rokit Enterprises, Viair, Edge Perf., Branik Motorsports, PRP seats, 12V unlimited, Bailie built, Alltech, Raceline
Go2Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 03:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 6291
I stayed in williamsburg at the Super 8 ...

- jack
Old 08-19-2003, 07:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Evil Twin

Member # 10695
Send a message via AIM to yager
we had 4 rooms at the Days In, if we run next year i think were gonna look else where...

The pizza was very good though... -mike
2006 Ford e450-RV/Ambulance
Stroke - Coumadin(warfarin) - INR - Heart Valve - Ask me (true story)
yager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 11:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 1918
Send a message via AIM to badassjeepguy Send a message via Yahoo to badassjeepguy
Quote:
Originally posted by Go2Guy
I had breakfast Friday at the Days Inn (was good too) and spent some coin at alot of local places, everyone was warm and friendly.

I don't agree with Days in room rates policies- just go somewhere else. When the weekends are booked everywhere but there they will have learned a lesson. I don't think any of the other places will be having trouble in the future.

By the way- Heritage Pizza has awesome, inexpensive pizza and they deliver to the campground

heritage pizza was thrilled to hear orders being phoned in by us "erocc" people..... very glad to see us there....

im not defending the hotels actions, but this is a small town and they got scared..... it will get back to norm....
Hot Pursuit Rockcrawling #911
[SIZE="7"][COLOR="Yellow"]2006 BADLANDS MOONBUGGY FOR SALE[/COLOR][/SIZE] [url]http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=566987[/url]
badassjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 05:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 6588
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisPy
the fire department got us for $2.

cant really blame them tho, did you see thier trucks? they were built before FIRE was invented.
ROFL!! Sounds like they needed the support!