Superlift Rock-n-Roll Hot Springs AR - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Competition and Event Info > Competitions and Events
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2003, 12:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12158
Superlift Rock-n-Roll Hot Springs AR

The 3rd comp in the series is coming up September 6 & 7, anybody going?

It's a good mix of speed, hill climbs and rockcrawling, generous with cone spacing etc. Only $100 to enter, two classes and well rounded, well driven trail rigs have been competitive.

The park has electric and water hookups for campers now too.
Team #192/4192

Thanks to our partners

Maxxis, Trail-Gear, Yukon Gear, Goatbuilt, Tom Woods Custom Driveshafts, Ruffstuff specialties, Warn Winch, Rokit Enterprises, Viair, Edge Perf., Branik Motorsports, PRP seats, 12V unlimited, Bailie built, Alltech, Raceline
Go2Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 07:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 12695
BTT

Ken sorry I missed you in Jellico. Seemed you were hard at work and I didnt want to bother you. Ill see about Hot Springs. Camping in the park will be so much better with power.

Also the park will be open to ride durring the comp, so if anyone wanted to ride and watch. The park is very cool and the people are the best.

http://www.orvpark.com/

Dan
Old 08-21-2003, 03:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12158
Dan,
I was wondering about Jellico. There was a few times when I was focused on fixing the car but otherwise- always a good time to say hi. Are you going to AL this weekend?
Team #192/4192

Thanks to our partners

Maxxis, Trail-Gear, Yukon Gear, Goatbuilt, Tom Woods Custom Driveshafts, Ruffstuff specialties, Warn Winch, Rokit Enterprises, Viair, Edge Perf., Branik Motorsports, PRP seats, 12V unlimited, Bailie built, Alltech, Raceline
Old 09-07-2003, 11:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 12695
Ken how did this weekend go????
Old 09-08-2003, 04:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12158
3-peat!

It was the toughest event yet at the Hot springs park! As usual, Saturday had the hill climbs- fastest speed wins.

One hill had a bonus route with a free winch use so you could not afford to take the easy route points wise. Mike Cox (Sam's off road silver bullet) had a spectacular over backwards 1.5 roll endo- he's fine. In the end, everyone had to winch to make it.

Tom Rawlins (John's 4x4 & more) as usual had some of the fastest times and was in the lead after saturday followed by our team and then Allan Fuller.

Sunday was pure rock. The first course was too easy and going downhill- 1/2 the field had perfect scores. They made it up on the second course- only 1/2 the field came out the otherside and you had 20 minutes for the course. The boulders in these courses were pretty huge and not much for traction so you really had to be focused.

That clinches the series for us. I'm going to spot for Chuck in the last event in November- He'll drive the buggy.
Team #192/4192

Thanks to our partners

Old 09-08-2003, 05:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12158
New micro crawler!!!

I almost forgot- I should be getting pics emailed to me soon to post-

There was a guy- Marty Hall, I think, from Louisiana who showed in a 1000 lbish rig barely bigger than a Honda Pilot.

It had a complete drivetrain from a micro suzuki pickup/van used overseas as an airport luggage cart tug etc. 3 cylinders, slanted like the old 225 slant 6, water cooled, factory locker in the rear, welded diff independant wishbone in the front, nitrogen shocks/springs all around, 28" ATV tires, 2 seats, nice fab work (You'd have thought you could buy this at the suzuki shop). He ran it in the small tire class and was 5 of 900 points shy of first place.

The bad news is in most comps he'd be in the 37" tire class due to the buggy nature- but it sure was cool and worked well too.
Team #192/4192

Thanks to our partners

Old 09-08-2003, 10:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Pirate is KING!

Member # 12217
Congrats to you Mr. Blume!
ok, now you gotta post pics of that ultra mini.
RedBullJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 11:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12158
Thanks Dustin,
I'll post them when I get them!
Team #192/4192

Thanks to our partners

Old 09-14-2003, 09:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 22711
I went to the competition, I have about 250 pictures from the event. I also have a few front row pics of Mike Cox's roll over. I was about 10 feet from him when he rolled over. I will post a few pics when I can get some time at home. I am at work right now. Michael aka.. Wildman from South Louisiana
wildman77 is offline   Reply With Quote