Pirate 4x4 banner

They're up

3K views 34 replies 22 participants last post by  fabricator 
#1 · (Edited)
The rules are up on UROC's site...I saw a couple of wording mistakes and a legends frame rule was insterted into the stock mod frame rules (for cutting the frame). There are still a few event formatting changes to be hashed out but those won't change anything for the way you build your rigs. Spotter ride is the same for single or two seater.

To the Skeptics...:flipoff2:

#4 ·
The UROC opinion is that these are the rules except for a few formatting changes that will come later (plus the issues I've already noted). If you have a suggestion, please make it in a positive way with a solution included. I cannot say that it will change these rules as they need to be somewhat firm, but they are willing to listen if a suggestion could make a big difference in improving things.

#5 ·
RedBullJeep said:
The rules are up on UROC's site...I saw a couple of wording mistakes and a legends frame rule was insterted into the stock mod frame rules (for cutting the frame). There are still a few event formatting changes to be hashed out but those won't change anything for the way you build your rigs. Spotter ride is the same for single or two seater.

My apologies for jumping the gun, and I'd like to thank Lance, Dustin, and the other round table members for working hard at this on behalf of the drivers.

And I clearly earned the Pirate salute on this one. :emb4:

#7 ·
RedBullJeep said:

Great job there guys. I can say from experience that many a late night was put in on these rules.

#9 ·
Thanks for the hard effort guys!:)

#10 · (Edited)
Dustin, Lance, and other RT members,

First off thanks for all of your long and hard work to get the rules out as fast as possible and making sure the rules were fair and equal. I just have a few quick questions I need explaining on and I'll let ya'll rest for a while.

1. Starting order, On the second day will the order be determined by lowest score per group or how you stand in your class? What about a tie in points of teams in the same group?

2. Winch weights must be carried in each vehicle even though they have winch weights at each obstacle? Seems like it would cause more harm than good if the weight comes loose during a rollover making a heavy projectile that may possibly hit the driver.

3. Fire ext., says must be mounted on left and right side of vehicle, then later it says must be mounted behind driver and between seats. Which way is correct?

4. Tires, rules state tires must be available to the open market two weeks prior, is tire style or size? i.e. BFG 39" Krawlers or 40" x-terrains, each of these styles are available but the size is not.

5. Seat belts, 4 points must be worn at all obstacles, even those that are flat and technical. Loose shoulder belts can cause more harm than just lap belts in a rollover.

Other than that everything looks good for now. Again thanks for all of your precious time used representing us and I can't wait to get going again. Thanks, Justin Smith

#11 ·
I thik the main focus of the 15th was just to get competitors rules for defining rig building, not on obstacles or points infractions. Just my .02 worth.

#12 ·
lt1wrangler said:
I thik the main focus of the 15th was just to get competitors rules for defining rig building, not on obstacles or points infractions. Just my .02 worth.
Dunno, I think now is the time for making sure the rules are clear and consice. If there is no input they must assume that no one found any thing that needs changing. I think they're asking for constructive input on proofreading all the rules to eliminate problems. Correct me if I'm wrong.

#13 ·
I know Rusty, but I don't get much time on here so I need to ask questions when I can. See you in April.

#14 ·
lt1wrangler said:

I think the main focus of the 15th was just to get competitors rules for defining rig building, not on obstacles or points infractions. Just my .02 worth.

ROCKSFORBRAINS said:

Dunno, I think now is the time for making sure the rules are clear and consice. If there is no input they must assume that no one found any thing that needs changing. I think they're asking for constructive input on proofreading all the rules to eliminate problems. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You are both correct. The big push was to get spec type rules out so that you guys (and gals) can get started building your rigs.

We are aware that there needs to be some fine tuning of the rules and your input/insight is very valuable.

Make comments to UROC and to the Round table members on items that you feel need to be addressed or clarified.

#15 ·
Make comments on everything. The rules had to be done by the 15th so the rig specs where the most important. We still can address some of your guys comments on that part but the rest of the rules have some grey areas or might need to be worded different. I think now is the time to do that so lets here everything. You guys need to talk to your buddies that don't frequent a computer too. Get there imput.

#17 ·
Just read the rules. Great work fellas and I do appreciate it.

Couple questions:
How many spreaders are needed in a single seat application?
I saw four for what I suppose a is 2 seater but what for a single seat?Is there any restriction on what way the spreader goes? Ie, front to back or from back corner to front corner?

Also is the use of expanded metal allowed above the drivers head?

#18 ·
DOUG38S said:

Also is the use of expanded metal allowed above the drivers head?
Doug, not sure about the first question, but this one is covered:

Magnetic, flattened expanded sheet metal, 1/8” sheet metal or 1/8” aluminum must cover 50% of the cage perimeter on the driver side for two seat vehicles and 100% of the outer cage perimeter on single seat vehicles immediately over the driver seat and be welded or bolted to the four tubes surrounding the driver. Additional tubing may be used in place of plate steel or aluminum.

#19 ·
thejunker said:
Magnetic, flattened expanded sheet metal, 1/8” sheet metal or 1/8” aluminum must cover
I'm curious as to whether the 1/8" sheet metal is a typo... stock class calls out 0.040, while mod and super mod call out 1/8". 1/8" steel roof seems grossly overkill, especially on the more-modified classes where the vehicles are likely to have more tube, and less weight.

#22 ·
Scott@Rockstomper said:

I'm curious as to whether the 1/8" sheet metal is a typo... stock class calls out 0.040, while mod and super mod call out 1/8". 1/8" steel roof seems grossly overkill, especially on the more-modified classes where the vehicles are likely to have more tube, and less weight.
That is an RCAA rule, it always read that way, although I've seen people run thinner material. 1/8" steel is absurd. 1/8" aluminum is not so bad though.

#23 ·
On the single seat roof bars.....What do you single seater guys want? "Terry" In my opinion maybe a 24" outside to outside w/ a center bar going from one corner to the oppisite corner. More than 24" they should have 4 like the rest. Help me out and I'll have it brought up.

#24 ·
pure-adrenaline said:
On the single seat roof bars.....What do you single seater guys want? "Terry" In my opinion maybe a 24" outside to outside w/ a center bar going from one corner to the oppisite corner. More than 24" they should have 4 like the rest. Help me out and I'll have it brought up.
That sounds good to me- what about all these gussets in a single seater??? Going to get "busy" fast. one diagonal in either the b pillars or c pillars as well as the roof panel would go a long way and be stouter than all these baby gussets that still let your 4 sided cage fold up.

Are there any preferred ball valves out there? Return line need them too?

Many vehicles have the throttle body towards the rear of the engine and the air cleaner poking through the firewall into the passenger compartment- is this still within the intent of the rules regarding the firewall which totally separtes the engine and driver. Usually you are permitted to have some type of openings for plumbing, wires, aircleaners etc to pass thru.

#25 ·
Go2Guy said:

Many vehicles have the throttle body towards the rear of the engine and the air cleaner poking through the firewall into the passenger compartment- is this still within the intent of the rules regarding the firewall which totally separtes the engine and driver. Usually you are permitted to have some type of openings for plumbing, wires, aircleaners etc to pass thru.
This is an important question Ken...I'll pass this one on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.