PUSU Course Write Up - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Competition and Event Info > Competitions and Events
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2004, 08:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
No Longer Available

Member # 24980
PUSU Course Write Up

For those interested in how the course design turned out over the last two days; this is the complete write up of every course that the Competitors will see over the event.

Preliminary Information: There are a total of 6 bonus lines, 5 are worth -10pts. and 1 is worth -20 pts. There are exactly 66 intermediate cones (33 gates) throughout the weekend over 10 courses and a total of 104 cones including start and finish gates. All courses have been driven, 2 bonus lines have been driven.

Course Ratings go from 1 being easiest to 5 being the hardest.

A1: A1 statrs out in sand as teams will be attempting to climb through a boulder field on their way to the first set of gate which lead over a 5 ft. ledge with a narly break-over angle. This ledge rests against a 20 ft vertical wall. The goal is to navigate between the driver hand cones and the wall while attemping the 5 ft. ledge. The Secondary gates have two options. The first option is the regular line which is fairly easy, the second however is a Technical crack that will put most plumbers to shame. Course Rating: 4 /Total Number of Gates (TNG): 2 regular, 1 -10 pt bonus

A2: A2 starts out with a loose gradual climb to the first set of gates where teams must make a Technical U-Turn over a small boudler clump. Teams must then navigate down a loose dirt hill and make a sharp uphill, left hand turn out to the finish Gates. Course Rating: 3+ /TNG: 3 regular

A3: A3 starts with two options. A bonus line for -10 pts made of a 10 ft ledge with a small undercut at the top or the regular line made of and off clamber climb. after those two options teams will be droping off an off camber lde into a small boulder field and out to the Finish. Course Rating: 4+ /TNG:2 regular, 1 -10 pt bonus

A4: A4 starts with heading competitors into the most technical course of the A courses. Teams will have to navigate an extremely technical, massive crack filled with huge boudlers and even bigger holes. Teams will find that the second set of gates are going to be hard to avoid as they must climb a loose double wammy where tire placement is creutial. After the crack there are two ways out, the regular line to the right with diff hangers galore or straight to the -10 pt bonus line. The bonus line is made up of a slick granite off camber climb to the top of a 14 ft ledge, then the teams must drop off the rock and make in immediate right hand turn and hug the out of bounds line while attemping to turn around a rock that will grab the chassis and keep teams from moving anywhere. Course Rating: 5 /TNG: 3 regular gates, 1 -10 pt bonus

A5: A5 is easy to explain, get to the top. With no bonus lines, this course is going to be a doozy. It starts out in sand as teams try to climb a 10 ft ledge with a massive undercut at the top. This climb however is very deceiving, look at all possibilities and go for it! The next set of gates are an off camber down hill out to the finish gates. Course Rating: 5 /TNG: 2 regular

B1: B1 Starts out with a very technical, very steep 8 ft climb where tire placement is key. Once on top of the rock, teams must make an immediate left hand turn and drop off an off camber 12 ft downhill into a boudler field then make another left hand turn in loose gravel to avoid the passanger side cone. Course Rating: 4 /TNG: 3 regular

B2: B2 consists of a narly crack with cones placed so teams must navigate back and forth through it while climbing at the same time or a FULLY GET IT -20 pt bonus climb with an undercut at the bottom and wide gates set at 154 inches. At the top of the crack is an 8 ft slick ledge that throws you into a tire eating crack on the driver's side. Get in the driver's side crack and it's impossible, but attamping the ledge with and cone right in the teams way will almost see all teams hitting the gate. Then a technical down hill out to the finish gates. Course Rating: 5 /TNG: 3 regular, 1 -20 pt bonus.

B3: Being probably the most technical course of the event, it starts out heading upto a regular set of gates involving a 7 ft rounded climb to the right or a crazy -10 pt crack to the left. After that teams must climb a 4.5 ft ledge the another 4.5 ft ledge only three feet from the top of the first ledge. Once teams get up the first ledge, the must make an immediate left and turn to avoid a driver's side cone. Basically a huge double wammy with a turn after you climb the first ledge, teams do not climb the second ledge. After that teams must side hill an bit and drive out to the finish. Course Rating 5+ /TNG: 3 regular, 1 -10 pt bonus

B4: Starts out with two options, left over the regular line or right to an narly under cut 3.5 ft ledge that teams must hit at an angle due to the out of bounds line. Once up tha ledge, teams must climb agrappy ledge to the top of a 16 ft down hill, double wammy out to the finish with plenty of runway room Course Rating: 3+ /TNG: 3 regular, 1 -10 pt bonus

B5: Starts out with teams navigating through a boulder field while attempting to climb and off camber slick uphill that shoots teams into an undercut wall. After the climb teams must make an immediate left hand turn down to the finish line. Course Rating: 3+ /TNG: 3 regular gates

Good luck to all teams entering, have a great Christmas and a Very Happy New Year.

Of course I can handle a crisis. Hell, I create them!

www.werocklive.com
Redefining Extreme!

Save Tellico Post #23
Lil' Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 10:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
No Longer Available

Member # 24980
Oh yeah I forgot something on the B2 course. While going up the crack, the sun will be in the drivers eyes all day. This got to both vehicles that drove this course, and should make for some interesting communication as the driver really can't see what is going on.

Good luck guys.

www.werocklive.com
Redefining Extreme!

Save Tellico Post #23
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2004, 12:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
I brought the beer

Member # 10203
Send a message via ICQ to JeepRecoveryTeam Send a message via AIM to JeepRecoveryTeam Send a message via Yahoo to JeepRecoveryTeam

Thanks for the headsup Rich

See you there

d
JeepRecoveryTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 02:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 12008
A-2 and A-3 need more caution tape around them.
Old 12-20-2004, 04:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
No Longer Available

Member # 24980
Quote:
Originally Posted by TONY K
A-2 and A-3 need more caution tape around them.
What are you talking about? We rolled once out there, but it wasn't on a course

One of our vehicles running (fits under a Legends class rules) was trying to drive over a ledge and got high centered while myself and the other vehicle was running a course across the bowl. So the driver gets out of his vehicle and him and his spotter start tugging on the spotter rope to try and free it. Once free of the hang up the vehicle not only climbed the ledge, but also rolled off it. Now the ledge was an undercut 3.5 ft ledge so when the vehicle rolled it landed on the driver side. Well the driver decided to try and get in the vehicle and upright it under vehicle power only. His attempt failed and so he came over to the course that myself and the competitor was running so that we could help get it back on all fours.

P.S. All people at the event site will not be at the comp except for myself.

www.werocklive.com
Redefining Extreme!

Save Tellico Post #23
Old 12-20-2004, 05:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
I brought the beer

Member # 10203
Send a message via ICQ to JeepRecoveryTeam Send a message via AIM to JeepRecoveryTeam Send a message via Yahoo to JeepRecoveryTeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Rich
P.S. All people at the event site will not be at the comp except for myself.
I was wondering that

Do you have any idea on the size of the field?

And send me that artwork fawker...
Old 12-23-2004, 01:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
I brought the beer

Member # 10203
Team SlowSpeed will be in full pimp mode

Old 12-23-2004, 02:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 5663
Send a message via Yahoo to Amanda G
LOL Dave you cracka-me-uppa. Seeeee you next week.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 40462
were's tech at.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
W.E.ROCK CEO

Member # 3123
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by ft13
were's tech at.
Registration and Tech are the Ramada Inn Barstow Ca. 1pm-5pm (friday)
Jan 31st. 2004

You can tech sat. Morning at the event site (8am-9am) if you have pre-registered.

Rich
Thanks to our marketing partners: MAXXIS Tires, Trail Gear, NITTRO Gear and Axle, ARTEC Industries, Branik Motorsports, ASR Recovery Gear, SpiderTrax, Dirt Skins, Metal Cloak, Crown Automotive, SuperChips, PSC Steering, Fox Shocks, Axel Off Road, Currie Enterprises, PCI Race Radios

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKROVER
4 wheeling sure changes when there is a crowd and cones.
http://www.werocklive.com
530-417-5333

http://www.facebook.com/people/Rich-C-Klein/541920521
http://twitter.com/werocklive
http://www.myspace.com/daddyrocks

( @ Y @ ) ( * Y * ) ( . Y . )

Big Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 08:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
No Longer Available

Member # 24980
Competitor List

Alright here are the competitors that are Confermed, others have given notice, but haven't confermed attendance:

21 Competitors

DSI
Becca Webster
Joel McClure
Troy Muse
Jody Everding
Jason Berger
Josh Bureau
Mark Berger
Tracy Jordan
Bill Kriesel
John Hall
Shannon Campbell
Brett Epperly
Robert McKinney
Rob Bonney
Robert Shepard
Adam Lunn
Peter Mazzoni
Robin Beijer
Bob Standage
Bruce Zeller

Post here if you want to be confermed.

www.werocklive.com
Redefining Extreme!

Save Tellico Post #23
Old 12-23-2004, 09:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
waterboy

Member # 9086
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepRecoveryTeam
Team SlowSpeed will be in full pimp mode
hey Dave, those look sharp

as far as the course helpers and recovery guys, we're getting ready to roll, or really un-roll you guys
surveyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 10:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
DSI
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 920
Send a message via Yahoo to DSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Rich
Alright here are the competitors that are Confermed, others have given notice, but haven't confermed attendance:

21 Competitors

DSI

i heard that guy's spotter is a real asshole
Old 12-24-2004, 11:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
I brought the beer

Member # 10203
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSI
i heard that guy's spotter is a real asshole
I'll remember that halfway through A3

Happy Holidays to all you guys and see you in a week
Old 12-24-2004, 11:27 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 2800
I went down there to do some wheeling last weekend, and hung out with Rich. I ran a bunch of the coarses. They kick ass, all you guys are in for some fun shit on a new set of rocks. and the spectors (sp?) are gunna have easy access to all of it.

Good luck to all!! I wish i was there.

Ian-
Old 12-27-2004, 08:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 23617
Ran the courses with Lil Rich and they are sick. A4 reminds me of a little sluice type area where you can miss the line, and still back up and try again. You don't get super hosed when you slide off the line. All of the courses where technical, even the climbs. There are NO point-and-shoot climbs or hazards that would wreck you bad. I ran many of the courses 2X and player B was much better. Typical well thought out Calrocs courses that are fun and challenging. Wish I could be there to play- have fun and happy New Year!
Old 12-30-2004, 12:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
DSI
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 920
well... i'm out... i bought a trailer once a few years ago from running snow chains on it and tearing the thing up, not lookin to buy another...

towing in the snow is LAME!
Old 12-30-2004, 01:21 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 5663
Send a message via Yahoo to Amanda G
Lil-Rich told me to tell you to take out your tampon and get down there! (if it makes you feel better, he said the same thing to me! )
He said it's sunny at the courses and he feels like getting a tan.. And he was looking at Tehachapi and it looked clear...
Old 12-30-2004, 01:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
DSI
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda G
Lil-Rich told me to tell you to take out your tampon and get down there! (if it makes you feel better, he said the same thing to me! )
He said it's sunny at the courses and he feels like getting a tan.. And he was looking at Tehachapi and it looked clear...

i've got over 200 miles of manditory chains... fuck it, it's not worth it
Old 12-30-2004, 01:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
DSI
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 920
BTW... Peter Mazzoni is Snowed in up in Truckee... so he won't be there either.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:48 AM   #21 (permalink)
I brought the beer

Member # 10203
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSI
i've got over 200 miles of manditory chains... fuck it, it's not worth it

Dave had a change of heart... he's leaving Carson right now.

d
Old 12-31-2004, 11:57 AM   #22 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 89
Send a message via MSN to Whitewater Send a message via Yahoo to Whitewater
LOL, BTW it looks good down here in the Sac area, clear skies for the time being.

"Having too many 'things', American's spend their hours and money on the couch searching for a soul. A strange species we are... If I wanted to destroy a nation, I would give it too much and I would have it on it's knees, miserable, greedy and sick." -John Steinbeck
Whitewater is offline   Reply With Quote