Goldendale--Questions?? WTF? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Competition and Event Info > Competitions and Events
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2006, 11:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 13446
Goldendale--Questions?? WTF?

While the WEROCK event this year was great fun and I give huge kudos and thanks to the Rich's for putting on another awesome event, I do have to say I was very dissapointed in a few things that could have easily (in my opinion) been explained or at least announced. If I'm missing something or if someone can explain this, please do so.

1. We have always been allowed to drive our rigs to and from the event site. This year due to a new sherrif and stricter policies, we were not allowed to drive to and from the event this year. Apparently Rich knew of this, so why was it not posted somewhere or mentioned anywhere so that we could have been prepared to trailer our rigs? Makes it difficult when you have to unhook your RV/camper every morning, tow it out there, leave your RV/camper sitting in a field, then have to hook it all back up and set everything up again in the evening. I understand they did their best to work it out, but to no avail, which is when I think they should have gotten the word out to everyone as best they could about it.

2. The "Trophy Class" was done away with, no plaques, no awards, no nothing was given out. I did not see anything on the website, and again no mention of it at all until sunday afternoon after the event was over that it was now called the "exhibition" class. Why are we paying $200 entry fee and we aren't even getting anything out of it?? It doesn't seem fair or right to me. If that's the case, then drop the entry fee for the "exhibition" people to a lower amount or include us in the payout at the end so we can get something for it. Rich explained to me that some people were trying to get sponsors by claiming to have finished in X position in the trophy class, and that was the reason for changing the name. But why not still give out at least a little plaque that says "Exhibition Class" or just "Exhibition" on it?? I pre-registered a month ago and wrote in Trophy Class because there were no differentiations in the stock mod class, then I received a call from (I believe) Rich's wife asking if this was for the Goldendale Event. I said yes and asked if it was ok that I wrote in Trophy Class to explain why I was paying $200 and not the $375 for the money class and she said that was fine. Why was I not told at that point that the Trophy Class didn't exist anymore??

3. Why did they go from 5 courses per day to 4 per day? I underatand time is the likely reason, but again nothing about this reduction in courses was mentioned. This is merely a cost/per course issue, you don't to "play" as much for the same amount of money to enter the comp.

4. Minor complaint, but here it goes. The trophies from LAST YEARS event were finally given out at this years event. Why did it take an entire year to get them? Originally we were told the spotter and driver both got a plaque, that's the way it was the last time as well. Turns out we only got one plaque for last year. $200 entry fee and all you could get was one plaque???

Again, I truly do applaud the Rich's for putting on an excellent event that is a blast to run, and I don't want to degrade that, but I feel they really dropped the ball on some important info that would have been nice to know in advance. And to continue charging the non-series participants who can only make one event, maybe 2 events $200 and not even give them a plaque, trophy, something is really poor taste and I think you will start losing those people from your events.

Makes it hard to justify paying $200 entry, $50 camping, and $175 gas money just to be able to say "yeah, I competed at WEROCK Goldendale, even finished 1st in the "Exhibition" class, but I have nothing to show for it but this t-shirt".

Last edited by sh996; 07-24-2006 at 12:21 AM.
sh996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 22344
Send a message via AIM to kericksonzj Send a message via Yahoo to kericksonzj
The cops were a total pain in the ass, but they were told to lighten up....They pulled over my ZJ twice
Old 07-23-2006, 11:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 39184
Quote:
Originally Posted by kericksonzj
The cops were a total pain in the ass, but they were told to lighten up....They pulled over my ZJ twice

wonder why?
WA-HCRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12158
You've got to draw a line in the sand somewhere and it's like picking a radio station- you can't make everyone happy. Could there be better communication? Maybe, but the Kleins are setting the std for communication these days- just a ton of stuff to do to run an event and some minor stuff is bound to slip, good intentions and all.

Did you read all the 06 rules etc on their site? Did someone promise you would get tropies this yr? Did someone promise you could get away with driving a borderline rig down the street? Communication goes two ways

Glad you had fun, despite the minor issues, give it a week and you won't care anymore
Team #192/4192

Thanks to our partners

Maxxis, Trail-Gear, Yukon Gear, Goatbuilt, Tom Woods Custom Driveshafts, Ruffstuff specialties, Warn Winch, Rokit Enterprises, Viair, Edge Perf., Branik Motorsports, PRP seats, 12V unlimited, Bailie built, Alltech, Raceline
Go2Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 9138
Send a message via ICQ to Bushwhacker
I've posted on their forums and emailed Rich about running in that class when they come to Hannibal, and have gotten no answer. I'm in the RROCK legends class so our rules are different. That is the only class we can run with Werock, and its a chance to get some more experience. I'd like to know what I need to do to my rig, if anything before that event, and how much its going to cost us.

Rich???

97 TJ buggy,4.0,727,Atlas,D60,14B

Facebook

myspace
Bushwhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushwhacker
I've posted on their forums and emailed Rich about running in that class when they come to Hannibal, and have gotten no answer. I'm in the RROCK legends class so our rules are different. That is the only class we can run with Werock, and its a chance to get some more experience. I'd like to know what I need to do to my rig, if anything before that event, and how much its going to cost us.

Rich???
I've spoken to Big Rich, he confirned that for the ex class they would enforce all safety rules, but slide the rest.
Team #192/4192

Thanks to our partners

Maxxis, Trail-Gear, Yukon Gear, Goatbuilt, Tom Woods Custom Driveshafts, Ruffstuff specialties, Warn Winch, Rokit Enterprises, Viair, Edge Perf., Branik Motorsports, PRP seats, 12V unlimited, Bailie built, Alltech, Raceline
Go2Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 9138
Send a message via ICQ to Bushwhacker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go2Guy
I've spoken to Big Rich, he confirned that for the ex class they would enforce all safety rules, but slide the rest.

So these are the only things we have to meet?? Just want to make sure we dont show up and cant run if we dont have something.

Safety

The Judge has the right but not the responsibility to advise spotters and drivers of unsafe acts.
Further, any act deemed unsafe by a judge is to immediately be discontinued. Failure to comply
can result in an immediate point out and the team will be asked to move to the next obstacle.
Safety requirements include, but are not limited to:

3.1: Seat Belts
Must be worn at all times while driving or riding in a vehicle during an event. This includes all
passengers and time ran between obstacles as well as time to and from the event site. Seat
belts must be a five (5)-point harness with all straps (including Shoulder Straps) secured and
locked down.

3.2: Winch cable
W.E.Rock approved winch cable/weight bag must be used prior to tensioning any steel cable.
W.E.Rock Highly Recommends that Competitors use Winch Rope.

3.3: Fluid Control
Teams must adhere to all fluid related rules. Excessive loss of environmentally damaging fluids
will result in a 10 point penalty assessment or are subject to vehicle disqualification. This includes
water in tires. Once a tire has torn, the vehicle must completely stop and a spare tire must
replace the torn tire. This is to prevent any lead or steel shot to be displaced throughout the air.

3.4: Loose Articles
All items must be securely fastened to prevent injury in the event of a rollover. Coolers, misc.
parts, and so forth are to be removed from the vehicle prior to each obstacle.

3.5: Fire Extinguisher
Two “completely full” fire extinguishers must be mounted on the roll cage on both the right and left
hand side. Extinguishers should not be mounted close enough to fuel cells or potential fire hazard
areas that would make it dangerous to obtain. Halon Systems are recommended.

3.6: Helmets
All competitors riding in a vehicle must wear a DOT/Snell approved helmet while competing.
Spotters must wear head protection (soft material not permitted) while on an obstacle. Helmets
that continue to below the ear are Highly Recommended for Drivers.

3.7: Medical Conditions
Teams must advise a W.E.Rock marshal of any medical conditions that they may have that would
affect their ability to perform or become a concern during competition. (Seizures, diabetes etc…)

3.8: Handles
Handles are recommended on the roll cage. These are to be mounted so that in the event of a
rollover the hand is safe. Holding onto the outside of the cage is not allowed.

3.9: 1st Aid
First aid kits containing medical tape, gauze, band-aids, and wrap are required in each vehicle.

3.10: Injury Report
Any competitor (driver or spotter) must report any injury to a W.E.Rock Marshal prior to leaving
the premises (if such competitor is able to make such report.)

3.11: Drugs/Alcohol
Drugs and alcohol will not be permitted in any degree during competition. Competitors who are
found to be consuming or are under the influence of drugs or alcohol during competition will be
disqualified from the event they are participating in. All series points will be forfeited for the
specific event. Further, disqualification for the remainder of the year is possible.

3.12: Emergencies
During an event, a team member may be replaced due to an emergency, with approval from a
W.E.Rock Marshal. The vehicle must remain the same through an entire event.

97 TJ buggy,4.0,727,Atlas,D60,14B

Facebook

myspace
Bushwhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:14 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 5663
Send a message via Yahoo to Amanda G
I ran exhibition and had absolutely NO problem running only 4 courses a day. The courses kicked our asses!!
We were also told at the event that the new police chief will NOT be in office next year because of this stunt he pulled. The Mayor was at the event apologizing to everyone he saw about it. I don't think the Rich's had much warning about it. But think of it this way: This was not a drive your rig on the streets competition, it was a rock crawling competition. Who F'ing cares if you can't drive your rig down to the store? The town was small enough to walk. If you towed your non street legal rig all the way to Goldendale just to be able to drive it on the street to be a 'cool kid', well, I guess you came to Goldendale for the wrong reasons.

Looking at the score sheet ( I finished 16th overall) I think we might have finished first or second for exhibition! Kirk LeDoux ran the whole series, NOT exhibition, and a few people who ran X were left out, so I hope we get a corrected score sheet soon... I'd also like to see some pics... We didn't get to stick around for the awards, we got home at 10pm as it was and had people that had to get to the airport..

I want to thank everyone who tolerated my stepdads bajillion questions.. this was his first event. BZ and George, he absolutely loved you guys!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:30 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 26750
Did I really just read a negative public post about WEROCK? Somebody clue this guy in
broncolou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 8449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushwhacker

Rich???
They had no internet were they was staying at in Goldendale.
Use the phone # posted at we-rock.cc and call.
This way you can get straight from the big man.
I would wait until Wednesday to call as they are on the way home and you really don't want to talk over that damn Dodge of his.

Mark

Custom Screen Printing
www.HandSPrintWorks.com
253-251-0045
Difficult Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:50 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 13446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go2Guy
You've got to draw a line in the sand somewhere and it's like picking a radio station- you can't make everyone happy. Could there be better communication? Maybe, but the Kleins are setting the std for communication these days- just a ton of stuff to do to run an event and some minor stuff is bound to slip, good intentions and all.

Did you read all the 06 rules etc on their site? Did someone promise you would get tropies this yr? Did someone promise you could get away with driving a borderline rig down the street? Communication goes two ways

Glad you had fun, despite the minor issues, give it a week and you won't care anymore
I agree, can't make everyone happy. My real issue was the lack of communications with all the differences over the last few years of the Goldendale WEROCK event.

I was not promised a trophy, but with the understanding it was the Trophy Class and that we have gotten trophies for the last 3 yrs, no one told me/us that is was no longer the trophy class and we wouldn't get a trophy.

I don't care about not being able to drive down the street, Amanda is right it's a small town. My issue was with not being able to drive to the comp site like we have in previous years. That was one reason for asking all the competitors to stay at the Cottonwood park, we staged there in the morning and then drove over as a group in a controlled environment.

You are right, in a week it will all be forgotten other than the good memories of the great fun and the pictures.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:58 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 5663
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh996
I agree, can't make everyone happy. My real issue was the lack of communications with all the differences over the last few years of the Goldendale WEROCK event.

I was not promised a trophy, but with the understanding it was the Trophy Class and that we have gotten trophies for the last 3 yrs, no one told me/us that is was no longer the trophy class and we wouldn't get a trophy.

I don't care about not being able to drive down the street, Amanda is right it's a small town. My issue was with not being able to drive to the comp site like we have in previous years. That was one reason for asking all the competitors to stay at the Cottonwood park, we staged there in the morning and then drove over as a group in a controlled environment.

You are right, in a week it will all be forgotten other than the good memories of the great fun and the pictures.

If you go to the website to download the entry form, there are two forms, one for the series and one for exhibition. That right there should have been a clue for ya. It states on the entry form, $200, exhibition only.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
"Official"

Member # 27575
Quote:
"yeah, I competed at WEROCK Goldendale, even finished 1st in the "Exhibition" class, but I have nothing to show for it but this t-shirt".

Congrats on another first guys! I wish we could have been there this year, but it just didn't work out. I had planned to come up and spectate, but at the last minute had to go help a friend out who dislotated his shoulder earlier in the week. Weather would have been killer, but still a great time for sure! Sounds like some communitcation issue this year, but I guess there's a first for everything. The overall response has been good and I hope they can get the police thing to work out, Goldendale is a great event, I would hate to see WERock looks elsewhere.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 8449
Quote:
While the WEROCK event this year was great fun and I give huge kudos and thanks to the Rich's for putting on another awesome event, I do have to say I was very dissapointed in a few things that could have easily (in my opinion) been explained or at least announced. If I'm missing something or if someone can explain this, please do so.

1. We have always been allowed to drive our rigs to and from the event site. This year due to a new sherrif and stricter policies, we were not allowed to drive to and from the event this year. Apparently Rich knew of this, so why was it not posted somewhere or mentioned anywhere so that we could have been prepared to trailer our rigs? Makes it difficult when you have to unhook your RV/camper every morning, tow it out there, leave your RV/camper sitting in a field, then have to hook it all back up and set everything up again in the evening. I understand they did their best to work it out, but to no avail, which is when I think they should have gotten the word out to everyone as best they could about it.

2. The "Trophy Class" was done away with, no plaques, no awards, no nothing was given out. I did not see anything on the website, and again no mention of it at all until sunday afternoon after the event was over that it was now called the "exhibition" class. Why are we paying $200 entry fee and we aren't even getting anything out of it?? It doesn't seem fair or right to me. If that's the case, then drop the entry fee for the "exhibition" people to a lower amount or include us in the payout at the end so we can get something for it. Rich explained to me that some people were trying to get sponsors by claiming to have finished in X position in the trophy class, and that was the reason for changing the name. But why not still give out at least a little plaque that says "Exhibition Class" or just "Exhibition" on it?? I pre-registered a month ago and wrote in Trophy Class because there were no differentiations in the stock mod class, then I received a call from (I believe) Rich's wife asking if this was for the Goldendale Event. I said yes and asked if it was ok that I wrote in Trophy Class to explain why I was paying $200 and not the $375 for the money class and she said that was fine. Why was I not told at that point that the Trophy Class didn't exist anymore??

3. Why did they go from 5 courses per day to 4 per day? I underatand time is the likely reason, but again nothing about this reduction in courses was mentioned. This is merely a cost/per course issue, you don't to "play" as much for the same amount of money to enter the comp.

4. Minor complaint, but here it goes. The trophies from LAST YEARS event were finally given out at this years event. Why did it take an entire year to get them? Originally we were told the spotter and driver both got a plaque, that's the way it was the last time as well. Turns out we only got one plaque for last year. $200 entry fee and all you could get was one plaque???

Again, I truly do applaud the Rich's for putting on an excellent event that is a blast to run, and I don't want to degrade that, but I feel they really dropped the ball on some important info that would have been nice to know in advance. And to continue charging the non-series participants who can only make one event, maybe 2 events $200 and not even give them a plaque, trophy, something is really poor taste and I think you will start losing those people from your events.

Makes it hard to justify paying $200 entry, $50 camping, and $175 gas money just to be able to say "yeah, I competed at WEROCK Goldendale, even finished 1st in the "Exhibition" class, but I have nothing to show for it but this t-shirt".
#1:Being there while while Big Rich talk to the "Goldendale Police" and comments made after. WE-Rock had no idea about the "stricter policies" until after setting up tech and the "stricter policies" flyers was drop off.
A lot of this come from the actions of one or two assholes from last year.

#2: You was there, why did you wait until you got home to ask this question?

#3: Same as #2 but with my answer. WE-Rock goal is the have 5-6 hour long event. Did you really want to be on the courses until 8-9pm in the heat & dust? If so there is that other roc that has 10-12 hour long events.

#4: Again same as #2.
Really, Big & Lil Rich are easy to talk too. All you need to do walk up to them and ask.

Glad you had a blast and congrats for the win.

Mark

Custom Screen Printing
www.HandSPrintWorks.com
253-251-0045
Difficult Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Dummer'n Moose Poop

Member # 789
I say you shoulda just smacked the goatees off the two of 'em!! Big and Lil love it when you do that Besides, Lil has no hair on his head otherwise... what the hell's he need a pile of squirrel poo on his chin for?
Having been privvy to some of the back end stuff of the series, I can tell you that Those two will do just about anything to appease folks.
And I can understand and appreciate your frustrations.
If they'd have known in time to post up here about the police actions/plans, I can assure you that they would have.
The evolution of the series has not really eliminated the Trophy class, it has evolved into a practice/visibilty class. Basically, as was said earlier, it gives teams a chance to practice in the heat of competition, expose themselves (no, not that way... sheesh) to the public and media outlets, and attract sponsors. Basically, get your name, rig, face in the media and get in front of potential dollars.
Personally, if you are running in ANY class, and didn't invite AT LEAST 10 potential and ALL existing sponsors/partners... then you don't deserve their money or time. But that is my strategy, so you can't use it!
Heck, I wasn't event there, but the team I do work with had a list of no less than 30 potentials that I sent out invitations to... and the team didn't even know it! Aren't I a good manager? HA!!
Anyway, if you were supposed to get two plaques for last year, then simplay ask where's the second one? Big and Lil won't get ticked... they'll give you as straight of an answer as they can.
# of courses per day. If you really want that many courses, then GTH (go to hadies!) As a Judge most of the time, I DON'T want that many ever again. The days of holding flashlights up for a team to be able to run are over! Thank God! The extreme dehydration and exhaustion have been cut back to "major." The ability to get home or to the plane... or even to dinner in the little towns before even the Waffle House closes is a GOLDEN thing and worth far more than the exta 10 mins you get to thrash your rig.
While you get to normally pull up to the next course and then go get something to drink, eat, etc., the judges and other staff are humping it over the terrain to make sure to bring you the best, fairest, most consistent judging and event operations possible. We get two breaks a day... one b-room typically and one where we get food that may have been traversing around on a 4-wheeler for up to 45 mins after it was cooked. How cold was your lunch meal at Goldendale? :-/
While cold food isn't the norm... it can happen at a busy event and is more than appreciated and welcomed into my belly, even if not at that "hot off the grill" temp! (Note to the Rich's and crew)

Now... where's your $200 for the next event? You will be a Donner, right?

The above is my own personal opinion and may not reflect the views of W.E. ROCK USA or its directors.

I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess- Man's Prayer (Red Green)
Thump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:43 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 13446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda G
If you go to the website to download the entry form, there are two forms, one for the series and one for exhibition. That right there should have been a clue for ya. It states on the entry form, $200, exhibition only.
Ahhh...see there is the perfect answer to my frustrations, as I stated in my first post to please point it out if I missed something. When I downloaded the entry form I got the series one and missed that there was a seperate one for the exhibition one. That would have answered that question.

Unless of course when I downloaded the form 6 weeks ago their was only one form.....?

Thanks Amanda!!

Last edited by sh996; 07-24-2006 at 04:23 PM.
sh996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 04:07 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 13446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difficult Trail
#1:Being there while while Big Rich talk to the "Goldendale Police" and comments made after. WE-Rock had no idea about the "stricter policies" until after setting up tech and the "stricter policies" flyers was drop off.
A lot of this come from the actions of one or two assholes from last year.

#2: You was there, why did you wait until you got home to ask this question?

#3: Same as #2 but with my answer. WE-Rock goal is the have 5-6 hour long event. Did you really want to be on the courses until 8-9pm in the heat & dust? If so there is that other roc that has 10-12 hour long events.

#4: Again same as #2.
Really, Big & Lil Rich are easy to talk too. All you need to do walk up to them and ask.

Glad you had a blast and congrats for the win.

Mark
Mark,

#1: I did say "apparently" he knew because I was told Big Rich was kept appraised of the town meetings about the stricter policies, I also talked to him before the parade and knew he had worked at getting permission for us to drive on the road to the event. I know they did everything they could to make it happen and to keep the townfolk happy. Maybe on the itinerary page at top or even at the bottom they could have noted that we should be prepared to have to trailer our rigs to/from the comp site this year due to increased restrictions from the local police. Something as simple and easy as that.

#2: I did talk to him there at the site, hence the "he explained to me why they decided to change the name and not give out trophies", I just thought it would have been nice for it to have been stated somewhere on the website that those changes were being made or that when I spoke to them on the phone about my entry form nothing was mentioned about it not being called the trophy class this year.

#3: We (stock mod class) were done at 1:30 on saturday and 2:30 on sunday, one more course for our class wouldn't have been too bad, but like I said I'm sure it was a time issue. I just think that if the event is going to be shortened then the entry fee's should be lowered slightly to match that.

#4: I PM'd Big Rich SEVERAL times over the last year and even PM'd 'Lil Rich asking about the trophies and the repsonse was that they were busy and would get them out soon. Just seems like 1 year is a long time to have to get out trophies.

Again, these are just small issues that I think could have easily been handled by some better communication. I'm not in any way slamming either of the Rich's or WEROCK, they do a great job and i don't think anyone could do it any better than they do. I just feel this situation could have been handled better and wanted to voice my frustrations and concerns so that it would not happen in the future. I feel they bust their butts for this sport and I don't want something like small communication issues like these to gradually get worse and turn into something serious in the future. Consider it constructive criticism.

Thanks for the congrats, and I hope to be able to complete again next year. Thanks for the response and for your input, I appreciate it.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:12 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 13446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Smoke
Congrats on another first guys! I wish we could have been there this year, but it just didn't work out. I had planned to come up and spectate, but at the last minute had to go help a friend out who dislotated his shoulder earlier in the week. Weather would have been killer, but still a great time for sure! Sounds like some communitcation issue this year, but I guess there's a first for everything. The overall response has been good and I hope they can get the police thing to work out, Goldendale is a great event, I would hate to see WERock looks elsewhere.
Thanks guys! Missed having you there, I asked a few people if they knew where you were!! The event was great as usual, the weather made it more challenging! I hope the police thing gets worked out too, that was one of the cool things about this particular event. I'm sure they will do all they can to bring that back for next year. Just gotta police ourselves too and keep the few idiots from ruining it for the others.

Hope to see you there next year, if not out on the trials before then.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:21 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 13446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thump
Having been privvy to some of the back end stuff of the series, I can tell you that Those two will do just about anything to appease folks.
And I can understand and appreciate your frustrations.
Now... where's your $200 for the next event? You will be a Donner, right?

The above is my own personal opinion and may not reflect the views of W.E. ROCK USA or its directors.
Thanks for the opinion and insite Thump, and a great reply I might add. I do agree with the shorter event being good for everyone involved, it's again more of a lack of communication that it would be 4 courses instead of 5 this year, and that I think the event fee's should come down a bit due to that. But if you want to take into account higher costs for the events due to cost-of-living increases I could buy that I suppose.

We did take a break on sunday so the judges could sit and relax while eating there lunch. I did not eat lunch either day because we were moving along at a fairly rapid pace from course to course, and any down time was spent watching the other competitors to form a plan of attack for us.

So far I'm not in a position to be able to compete at any other events other than Goldendale (between the costs involved, my work schedule, and my reserve duty, its tough), but I'd really like to try to hit Goldendale and Reno next year (if those events happen next year).
Old 07-24-2006, 04:30 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 5663
The two forms were definatly there, I downloaded mine at the end of May.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
Dummer'n Moose Poop

Member # 789
Dude... Donner is closer than Reno... get yer butt there!!!

While you were watching the other competitors... what were the judges doing? :P
Most of the time, if an even is going too fast, they'll call to the judges to slow it down. I'm guessing that they let the Stock Mods and even Pro Mods go on so folks could go watch the Unlimiteds. Who knows. I've only judged outside the Unlimiteds once or twice. One time was from neccessity as the unlimiteds couldn't run that day (Globe, AZ '05)

Anyway. Most of the format changes had been mentioned in here over the off season. While my lame ass was getting the new site together.
I agree with you on one point... a year is a while.
s'ok. We'll see you on the next go 'round.

I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess- Man's Prayer (Red Green)
Thump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 1684
This is copied from a reply I made on another board about this subject......

I think this whole bad cops thing has been blown out of proportion. Why do we go to Goldendale WEROCK? Do you go there so you can drive your wheeler down the street? Do you go there for the comp? My only complaint is the parade thing. How did they expect you to get your rig back to tech where your trailer is? Yes in the past they have let us drive on the roads, big deal. From what I hear a few have ruined it for many. If you take that one factor away and don't drive your wheeler on the road Goldendale is still a great place to go for a comp. The comp area is a bit crowded but it's the best we have in our area so until someone finds a better location don't knock it.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:08 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 13446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda G
The two forms were definatly there, I downloaded mine at the end of May.
Well, I looked at the website again and in the verbage it still refers to it as the Trophy Division. At the bottom where the sign-up sheets are it has one for event/series and one for exhibition. Since I was competing in the Goldendale event, I clicked on the Event registration link. To me the exhibition registration was meant for the venders who were going to exhibit their products (ie t-shirts, food venders, dvd's, etc).

Also, if you read the verbage for the Goldendale event on the home page it talks about driving the buggies on the street. At the first hint that this might not be a possibility they should have taken that out.

My mistake for not looking at the exhibition form to be certain, but still an error on the WEROCK site for still refering to it as the Trophy Division and for not saying somewhere in a noticable location that there was a name change and that there would be no trophies handed out.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:29 PM   #24 (permalink)
a2b

Member # 22547
4 courses a day sounds good to me. 5 courese can just take too much time.
a2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:39 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 5663
Quote:
Well, I looked at the website again and in the verbage it still refers to it as the Trophy Division. At the bottom where the sign-up sheets are it has one for event/series and one for exhibition. Since I was competing in the Goldendale event, I clicked on the Event registration link. To me the exhibition registration was meant for the venders who were going to exhibit their products (ie t-shirts, food venders, dvd's, etc).

Also, if you read the verbage for the Goldendale event on the home page it talks about driving the buggies on the street. At the first hint that this might not be a possibility they should have taken that out.

My mistake for not looking at the exhibition form to be certain, but still an error on the WEROCK site for still refering to it as the Trophy Division and for not saying somewhere in a noticable location that there was a name change and that there would be no trophies handed out.

Wow you are anal!
It was an event. There were some minor complications FOR YOU as there will always be FOR ANYONE. Not everyone is going to have the best time of their lives at every event. I'd say since no one died, no one was seriously injured and 99.9% had fun that it was successful. Give it a break already, it's over.