Sneak pics? XRRA Moab - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Competition and Event Info > Competitions and Events
Notices

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2007, 12:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Member # 7482
Location: Farmington,NM
Posts: 1,735
Sneak pics? XRRA Moab

Anyone see whats goin on out at BFE? Jumps rocks what? The Taco got a lil testing yesterday. Jumps and does whoops bad ass but rockcrawls like crap...........Remember MR. WEAVER that this is rockracing.........
__________________
"It's all about the skinny pedal"
pure-adrenaline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2007, 12:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Member # 8498
Location: Dove Creek Colorado
Posts: 1,087
Key Word ROCK not baja, or prolight.
__________________
Rick D.

Last edited by zukstur; 03-18-2007 at 12:41 PM.
zukstur is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2007, 02:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Member # 7482
Location: Farmington,NM
Posts: 1,735
rocks cool........blow through those. the cliffs are hell on trucks
__________________
"It's all about the skinny pedal"
pure-adrenaline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2007, 12:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
MUCHADO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member # 21752
Location: Stilwell, Kans-ASS
Posts: 2,410
Send a message via AIM to MUCHADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by pure-adrenaline View Post
rocks cool........blow through those. the cliffs are hell on trucks
I think it's just the driver, I hear he's hard on fiberglass Owell you got alot of video time tearing it up in Crawling is for Babies
MUCHADO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2007, 06:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Member # 8498
Location: Dove Creek Colorado
Posts: 1,087
Me thinks he's a fire bug too.
__________________
Rick D.

Last edited by zukstur; 03-19-2007 at 06:46 AM.
zukstur is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2007, 08:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
MUCHADO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member # 21752
Location: Stilwell, Kans-ASS
Posts: 2,410
Send a message via AIM to MUCHADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukstur View Post
Me thinks he's a fire bug too.
I think he could have his own line of warning labels

Example- CAUTION: ROLLS UP-HILL
MUCHADO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2007, 11:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member # 29840
Location: Littleton, Colorado
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by pure-adrenaline View Post
Anyone see whats goin on out at BFE? Jumps rocks what? The Taco got a lil testing yesterday. Jumps and does whoops bad ass but rockcrawls like crap...........Remember MR. WEAVER that this is rockracing.........

Sounds like it works fine . Don't change a thing.
JPGUY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2007, 02:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Member # 84099
Location: Outside the hen house
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUCHADO View Post
Crawling is for Babies
I think I will be making a video that is called "Muchado Is A Dumbass"...

What kind of title is that to further your association with any of your "Racers" that also crawl. Just remember that your best racers are also the best crawlers, so you'll be calling your best "Babies"

Good luck getting any of the top teams, rock racing or crawling, to wanna do much with you, since you've called them all babies...

Please keep in mind that I love both sports, racing and crawling, and have friends that are racers in both. But that is no way to promote your sport by bashing another.

Just giving my .02...

[/rant]
__________________
I'm the biggest cock in the yard and willing to prove it....
Fogg Horn Legg Horn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2007, 04:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Member # 77472
Posts: 414
Put all the walls, rocks and jumps you want out there, my new car can handle it all. And its not even a moon buggy. Muchado, you might want to rethink your title.

2006 Season Results
Shannon Campbell-Crawler
Me-Crawler
JT-Racer
Rick D-Crawler

...funny how it works out that way
__________________
BlackStar MotorSports
W.E.Rock and XRRA #781

www.blackstarmotorsports.com

www.kyoobit.com

http://coupons.mypromotiondepartment.com

Huge thanks to all of our 2009 sponsors!! Immaculate Flight, Kyoobit.com, Maxxis Tires, Hazardous Concepts

Last edited by WBlackie; 03-19-2007 at 05:20 PM.
WBlackie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2007, 09:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Member # 8498
Location: Dove Creek Colorado
Posts: 1,087
Weston hows the new car working?

We will have ours out of the shop maybe Wednesday. One of the guys on the Team named her SUPER CRITICAL.

I cant wait to try out the new ponies and sneekers
__________________
Rick D.
zukstur is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2007, 09:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member # 29840
Location: Littleton, Colorado
Posts: 446
Honestly do we really have to make an issue out of racing vs. crawling. Maybe we should have a rumble after one of races. Crawlers vs. Racers just call me Pony Boy i'll bring some brass knuckles . Then we can make t-shirts talking about how bad ass crawlers are and racers suck and vice versa. We can work at it and probly just blow any advances the sport has made in the last few years by being lame asses . I'm starting to hear this Racer vs Crawler thing way to much . Look your a crawler your a bad ass. You race your a bad ass. Now just get over it and do your thing. Don't need to pound your chest exclaiming to all others just how bad ass you are!!! We need to work together to promote all rock sports, not just be a bunch of assholes going back and forth against one another.
JPGUY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2007, 10:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Member # 77472
Posts: 414
Soooo should Muchado change the name of his film that he is selling to the public?
__________________
BlackStar MotorSports
W.E.Rock and XRRA #781

www.blackstarmotorsports.com

www.kyoobit.com

http://coupons.mypromotiondepartment.com

Huge thanks to all of our 2009 sponsors!! Immaculate Flight, Kyoobit.com, Maxxis Tires, Hazardous Concepts
WBlackie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2007, 11:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
Pirate is KING!
 
RedBullJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member # 12217
Location: San Diego Area
Posts: 13,854
JP, I didn't see them say that racers are babies, they said crawler are not babies. Then they said that Rob's promoting rock racing heavilly for the baseline of his film yet many of the top racers are also crawlers so in essence, he's calling out his own stars. Their words are not controversial at all...they just made a point supporting themselves, not downing racers.
RedBullJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2007, 12:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25253
Location: Ness City, Ks
Posts: 2,924
Can't we all just get along I think we were all crawlers before racers and most of us are still crawlers, only race five times a year! Were would the rock races be if the sport of rock crawling had not come along. I go to them all and watch the ones I cant be at, we are all in this sport together, enought already, good luck to all the crawlers and racers this season, see you out there.
__________________
Thanks for your support:
Wide Open Design http://www.wideopendesign.com/
Jimmy's 4x4
Radflo Shocks http://www.radflo.com/
Torq Axles http://www.torqaxle.com/
RCV http://www.rcvperformance.com/
Twisted Stitch Seats http://www.twistedstitchinc.com/
Rugged Radios http://www.ruggedradios.com/
Bower Motorsports Media http://www.facebook.com/charlene.bow...s#!/BowerMedia
Trail Ready Wheels
http://www.trailready.com/wheels.html


http://www.facebook.com/bentandtwistedracing


Bent and Twisted 4x4
Bent and Twisted Racing
620-805-1959
BTF1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2007, 12:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Philly2Crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Member # 46231
Location: HO VILLE
Posts: 1,084
Send a message via AIM to Philly2Crazy
You do realize he stole the title from Jason's tank right, not to mention it's a play on words? I think it's funny and it's a racing vid. I dont think he is calling the Crawlers babies, but with all the whining ...
__________________
"THE EAST STRIKES BACK" DVD - BUY IT NOW

Flex Marketing - Marketing and Web Design
RIDE Motorsports
PPR Racing

RIDE's sponsors:
TOYO Tires
Treks Mfg
Superior Axle & Gear
Pikes Peak Rovers
Oakley
Rock & Roll Offroad
Alpinestars
K&N
OGIO
KMC Wheels
Howe
Twisted DV
Philly2Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2007, 02:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Member # 77472
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly2Crazy View Post
You do realize he stole the title from Jason's tank right, not to mention it's a play on words? I think it's funny and it's a racing vid. I dont think he is calling the Crawlers babies, but with all the whining ...
Yes we all know where the title came from. How is he not calling Crawlers babies? Most of us in the industry know that this is probably just a little series to series ribbing, thats fine. However people that purchase this new video are going to take it the wrong way. To the every day rock crawling/rock racing DVD buyer its going to look like racing is dogging on crawling, and neither sport needs that, it just simply looks bad. As far as whinning, I haven't seen any in this thread, merely concerned competitors pointing out the fact that the title is hurting more then it is joking.

And as long as we are joking and its all in good fun, can I make a DVD titled "Rock Racing is for Wash ups"?
__________________
BlackStar MotorSports
W.E.Rock and XRRA #781

www.blackstarmotorsports.com

www.kyoobit.com

http://coupons.mypromotiondepartment.com

Huge thanks to all of our 2009 sponsors!! Immaculate Flight, Kyoobit.com, Maxxis Tires, Hazardous Concepts
WBlackie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2007, 03:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered User
 
JOHNLEU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25314
Location: montrose, colorado
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBlackie View Post
And as long as we are joking and its all in good fun, can I make a DVD titled "Rock Racing is for Wash ups"?
Come on Weston don't be a hater!!! Can't you just embrace the love
See you all soon
__________________
Long time listener, first time caller, love the show!
XRRA #13 (former screaming passenger) Big Fan
JOHNLEU is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2007, 03:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Philly2Crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Member # 46231
Location: HO VILLE
Posts: 1,084
Send a message via AIM to Philly2Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBlackie View Post
And as long as we are joking and its all in good fun, can I make a DVD titled "Rock Racing is for Wash ups"?
Do what you gotta do, but you're a racer, you finished 2nd in the XRRA series, I honestly have no idea how well you did in WE Rock, but I dont think it was second... We all started crawling and still crawl for fun. Anyway, how is the buggy coming?? The paint job is SICK
__________________
"THE EAST STRIKES BACK" DVD - BUY IT NOW

Flex Marketing - Marketing and Web Design
RIDE Motorsports
PPR Racing

RIDE's sponsors:
TOYO Tires
Treks Mfg
Superior Axle & Gear
Pikes Peak Rovers
Oakley
Rock & Roll Offroad
Alpinestars
K&N
OGIO
KMC Wheels
Howe
Twisted DV
Philly2Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2007, 04:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered User
 
MUCHADO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member # 21752
Location: Stilwell, Kans-ASS
Posts: 2,410
Send a message via AIM to MUCHADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBlackie View Post
Soooo should Muchado change the name of his film that he is selling to the public?
Should I or shouldn't I? I don't have an option---there are contracts that use the name. The DVD's are also in the manufacturing process rignt now

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullJeep View Post
JP, I didn't see them say that racers are babies, they said crawler are not babies. Then they said that Rob's promoting rock racing heavilly for the baseline of his film yet many of the top racers are also crawlers so in essence, he's calling out his own stars. Their words are not controversial at all...they just made a point supporting themselves, not downing racers.
Dustin hit it right on the head. AMDF and AMDF2 are rockcrawling videos. Our upcoming "Rocky Mountain Xtreme Tour" is a rockcrawling video. The title was chosen with humor in mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPGUY View Post
Honestly do we really have to make an issue out of racing vs. crawling. Maybe we should have a rumble after one of races. Crawlers vs. Racers just call me Pony Boy i'll bring some brass knuckles . Then we can make t-shirts talking about how bad ass crawlers are and racers suck and vice versa. We can work at it and probly just blow any advances the sport has made in the last few years by being lame asses . I'm starting to hear this Racer vs Crawler thing way to much . Look your a crawler your a bad ass. You race your a bad ass. Now just get over it and do your thing. Don't need to pound your chest exclaiming to all others just how bad ass you are!!! We need to work together to promote all rock sports, not just be a bunch of assholes going back and forth against one another.
It's not an issue--why make one of it! From cortez onward, Jason Berger had a sticker on his nitrous bottle that said "crawling is for babies" it's funny and it stuck as the DVD title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBlackie View Post
Yes we all know where the title came from. How is he not calling Crawlers babies? Most of us in the industry know that this is probably just a little series to series ribbing, thats fine. However people that purchase this new video are going to take it the wrong way. To the every day rock crawling/rock racing DVD buyer its going to look like racing is dogging on crawling, and neither sport needs that, it just simply looks bad. As far as whinning, I haven't seen any in this thread, merely concerned competitors pointing out the fact that the title is hurting more then it is joking.

And as long as we are joking and its all in good fun, can I make a DVD titled "Rock Racing is for Wash ups"?
Do it! I mean you'd be the star---yer washed up ass got 2nd last year in XRRA didnt ya? OK I'll give you a hug when I see you in Moab
MUCHADO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2007, 04:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered User
 
MUCHADO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member # 21752
Location: Stilwell, Kans-ASS
Posts: 2,410
Send a message via AIM to MUCHADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogg Horn Legg Horn View Post
I think I will be making a video that is called "Muchado Is A Dumbass"...

What kind of title is that to further your association with any of your "Racers" that also crawl. Just remember that your best racers are also the best crawlers, so you'll be calling your best "Babies"

Good luck getting any of the top teams, rock racing or crawling, to wanna do much with you, since you've called them all babies...

Please keep in mind that I love both sports, racing and crawling, and have friends that are racers in both. But that is no way to promote your sport by bashing another.

Just giving my .02...

[/rant]
Stop being a baby!

Figured someone would pipe up all offended
MUCHADO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2007, 04:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Member # 9869
Location: OREGON COAST
Posts: 251
why don't you cry babies wipe the sand out of your inflamed vagina's and get a sense of humor. Get over it, it is funny. Here is something to make this whole thread worth while:

Last edited by Samurai202; 03-20-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Samurai202 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2007, 05:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member # 29840
Location: Littleton, Colorado
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullJeep View Post
JP, I didn't see them say that racers are babies, they said crawler are not babies. Then they said that Rob's promoting rock racing heavilly for the baseline of his film yet many of the top racers are also crawlers so in essence, he's calling out his own stars. Their words are not controversial at all...they just made a point supporting themselves, not downing racers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUCHADO View Post
It's not an issue--why make one of it! From cortez onward, Jason Berger had a sticker on his nitrous bottle that said "crawling is for babies" it's funny and it stuck as the DVD title!
:
Never thought it was an issue. My point was it should not be an issue. We all are envolved in Rocksports.


My point fully got missed here. It had not a thing to do with Rob's video title or anything "controversial" said in this post. Lately I have heard many different people talking shit about racing vs crawling. I have heard it from my fellow XRRA competitors. I have heard it from W.E. ROCK and UROC people who think racing is for guy's who can't place in "crawl" comps. Then I noticed some of that going on in the post, not shit talking just seemed like people getting ruffled up. Some people are joking around but some are completly serious. I just do not want to see it go further than some series to series ribbing. That is my point. We are all in it for the sport to grow!!!!

Last edited by JPGUY; 03-20-2007 at 05:11 PM.
JPGUY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2007, 05:19 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Member # 77472
Posts: 414
Nope didn't get anywhere near second in WeRock but I'm working on that. I'm just afraid the title will be taken wrong by the people buying the DVD, thats all. As far as being a hater, well just to let ya'll know, I hate everyone

I'm holding you to that hug Rob.
__________________
BlackStar MotorSports
W.E.Rock and XRRA #781

www.blackstarmotorsports.com

www.kyoobit.com

http://coupons.mypromotiondepartment.com

Huge thanks to all of our 2009 sponsors!! Immaculate Flight, Kyoobit.com, Maxxis Tires, Hazardous Concepts
WBlackie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2007, 05:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member # 29840
Location: Littleton, Colorado
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBlackie View Post
Soooo should Muchado change the name of his film that he is selling to the public?
I don't know? If it's a question about the public, I'm not sure if the public is even aware of the difference between the sports and would even get the title. All the Uroc and W.E. Rock on T.V. looks very similar to racing. Lots of high rpm's, rigs jumping walls as they crest the top, tires smoking. Turn off the sound and have your average Joe tell you which is which? Could they do it? I dunno. But, the title of the film seems to offend some crawlers which is why we are discussing it, and that's not good either. So what do you do? It's not my film and I'm not in it. Therefore my opinion has no value as far as the title goes.
JPGUY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2007, 06:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Member # 77472
Posts: 414
I think if you are a competitor or if you are concerned about the future of rock sports you do have an opinion and it is worth something. Rob (Muchado) and I are friends and I have been in his vids. I think it is awesome he is making an XRRA specific DVD, perhaps it will show the average rock fan the difference between WeRock and UROC compared to the XRRA. But the last thing we want to do is have a segment of the sport cutting down another segment. I highly doubt it was Muchado's intention to hurt rock crawling, but that might be what is seen from your average fan. The only reason I am concerned about the title is because I am both a crawler and racer, one of the few that have made the jump from crawling to racing. I haven't seen the new video yet, but I hope there isn't any verbal bashing on rock crawling in there because that is certainly not what either sport needs.

Just remember, crawlers and racers alike, our two sports feed off of one another. Apple has Microsoft, McDonalds has BK, Rock Racing has Rock Crawling.
__________________
BlackStar MotorSports
W.E.Rock and XRRA #781

www.blackstarmotorsports.com

www.kyoobit.com

http://coupons.mypromotiondepartment.com

Huge thanks to all of our 2009 sponsors!! Immaculate Flight, Kyoobit.com, Maxxis Tires, Hazardous Concepts
WBlackie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.