Pirate 4x4 banner

WE-ROCK rule question?

716 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  newmexicocrawler 
#1 · (Edited)
Don't know if this is where I'm supose to post this or not...

Under modified stock rules it says...

Rule 4.18.2: OEM or stock replacement steering systems are allowed.
Rule 4.18.9: Stock steering configuration must be maintained. Crossover steering is allowed.

My question is; I have a Suzuki Samurai, they did not come with power steering. I put power steering off a Toyota on it, stock FJ60 box and A trail gear pump (not stock). I have Toy axles under it and I have a high steer kit. Is this legal under mod. stock rules?

#2 ·
Basically, the rule is saying that you need to run a typical mechanical steering box in typical configuration. You are allowed to run Hydro Assist as long as it is set up that if the ram was disconnected, you could still steer with the box. It sounds like your system is within the intent of the rules but words are tricky. If you are concerned at all of whether it is legal, snap a picture and send it to Lil Rich as he's the one that makes the final determination on most of this stuff.

#3 ·
Thank you Dustin, and you are right "words are tricky" depending how I read that. I may want to try and make the Tucson event and maybe a utah show, not real sure yet, I'd hate to tow for 10 hours and find out I'm not legal. Heath.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.