ECORS @ Windrock, TN, Nov 5, $10,000 + up for grabs! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Competition and Event Info > Competitions and Events
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 139739
ECORS @ Windrock, TN, Nov 5, $10,000 + up for grabs!

That's right, $10,000 will be up for grabs for the unlimited Class C guys!

ECORS will have its season finale race in Oliver Springs, TN at Windrock Park. We strive to offer a nice, long, true endurance race at least once a year. We have set ourselves up to make this race our season finale every year and will be working to make it the same weekend of the year and at the same venue (we may shuffle this around as we find various suitable parks). With your support, we can continue to do this and offer a NICE payout to the top finishers

Winrock will play host to this epic event. However, this event is open only to a select few for a shot at the big $$$!

How to get in to the Windrock race:
1. be an ECORS Season member AND race at least 2 races in 2011. Right now there are exactly 2 races left until this race. If you want in AUTOMATICALLY, you need to become an ECORS season member AND race the next 2 races for an automatic invite. Check website for more info on the Schedule. www.ecors.com
2. get an invite from ECORS. Invites will be sent out to approx 10 teams.
3. qualify at one of our scheduled ECORS races. August 27 at DPG will play host to the top 5 spots for teams that are not already qualified or invited.
4. Submit a team bio and application for an invite by ECORS.
5. Depending on demand and available open spots, ECORS will have a Last Chance Qualifier the Friday before the race. So, if you don't get qualified between now and Nov 4, you'll have a chance to race with the Last Chance Qualifier.

$10,000 will be paid out to first place of the unlimited Class C. 2nd and 3rd will be paid some but not nearly like 1st place

For teams that run in Class A (stock class) and Class B (modified class), there will be a nice payout as well...

Class A first prize is $5,000
Class B first prize is $7,500

Minimum entrant numbers must be met for these payouts (well below expected # of competitors). Pay scale for min. numbers not met or if we exceed our minimum numbers will be posted on our website VERY soon. Check it out. Once we upload the payout scale and minimum numbers to the website, I'll update this thread. Also, if we have a significant number of entrants above our minimums, we'll pass those entry fees on and add to the payout, making the purse that much better!!

Entry fees will be uploaded at the same time and I'll update this thread at shortly thereafter. I guarantee it'll be affordable; expect about the same entry fees as our Harlan race last year in August.

The endurance race course will push rigs and drivers to the max. Traditionally we've tried to set courses to make racing fun and fairly easy on rigs and let driver error usually dictate damage or finishing place. This race will be a true endurance race that will test man AND machine. We'll have something that isn't easy, not short, and will take a well prepared rig and team to win. Its $10,000, we can't exactly have a cake-walk...

Camping updates, schedule updates, race info, etc. for the Nov 5 race will be posted soon on the ECORS website.

Start preparing your rigs now, this will be one to remember. As ECORS grows, we'll expand our racing on the East Coast and beyond to offer afordable racing for all types of racers with a decent payout. For more information on ECORS, our upcoming races, our sponsors, and more, visit our website at: www.ECORS.com

If anyone wishes to become a vendor at a race, a race specific sponsor, season sponsor, volunteer, etc., please send an e-mail to us at: info@ECORS.com

If you operate a 4x4 park and are interested in hosting an ECORS race, please send an e-mail to us. We are expanding our series in 2012 to reach out to more racers with a North and South division totaling 9 races for 2012 (4 North, 4 South, 1 centralized finale).

If you currently organize an endurance race, you may be elligible for one of our 2012 races to be combined with yours to bring a new crowd of competitors to your race/facility. Contact us for more info.

Thanks all and we'll keep updating this official thread as more info is released.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 20569
This is awesome R&R, I hope the ECORS grows our way a bit, we do love spending time on the east coast but a central race schedule would be awesome. Calling out a few parks that could handle these events....Superlift ORV, Bridgeport, TX, Barnwell mtn, SMORR, all these places would be a great venue for us central located racers that have a dream. Until then we will continue to drive our tails off to race! Thanks ECORS!
Sommertime Motorsports #678
sommertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2011, 08:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Shenanigengineer

Member # 33543
Busted Knuckle Films will be there to catch all of the action.

Follow us on Facebook - BKF FACEBOOK

Some of the Best Offroad Videos on Youtube

Experience the YUKON Advantage!
RockTacoAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 51756
OH yeah...

Can't wait.. this will be one for the books...

336-909-2076 PJ
Mocksville, NC

2011 Race Sponser
Oliver's Driveshafts of Winston Salem, NC
Great product Great Value 336-724-1021
mpistolpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 6494
Yup, putting some more go fast goodies on the buggy to help me podium this race!
#914 Pampered Chef Buggy

Companies we're proud to work with
East Coast Gear Supply
Reid Racing
RCV Performance Axles
Rose Grinding & MFG
Single Source Welding

Northern member of MUD DEVILS
EasyXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 139739
Nice

Mark this on your calendar for this year and for years to come! We will maintain this finale race (and format, etc.) for years to come!

As we move forward to 2012, we'll expand into 9 races, 4 in the North, 4 in the South, and the finale. Season racers will qualify for the finale, other qualifier positions will be released as they are developed. Obviously we'll have invites and you can send in info and we'll invite you, we'll have a LCQ, and we'll have various "qualifier" races through the year either be it a speccific ECORS race or another series' race, etc.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 55014
Soooo, are the select requirements to enter the wind rock race for C class only? I.E. if i wanna run B class and i've never done an ECORS event before, that cool?
WarEagleToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 11995
Send a message via MSN to MossMan Send a message via Yahoo to MossMan
What about UTV class? Will there be one at this race?
Old 05-26-2011, 07:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 139739
The requirements are for ALL classes, not just Class C. So if you want to run A or B, you must meet the qualifying requirements as C as well.

Yes, there will be a UTV class for this race as well. We are working on the final details for UTVs now.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 746
Send a message via MSN to syko
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS ONE!

Team 1%er will be burning the midnight oil prepping for this one, I promise. Let's just hope I don't have to have the winnings for a divorce lawyer.

Just an idea...........Estimated finish time should be 11:30pm. Night racing would separate the men from the boys.
#419X
syko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:04 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 139739
This will be a RACE! No Sunday drive! So, expect to be racing in the dark (unless you are lightnening fast!!!)
Old 07-15-2011, 12:07 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 139739
To race this race, you must be qualified...

To qualify, you must:
1. 2011 ECORS member and run 2 races prior
2. Race a qualifier race and earn a spot in the race (August 27 in NC)
3. Race in the LCQ on Friday Nov 4
4. Fill out and submit an application (available on website Aug 1)
5. Receive a merit-based invite directly from ECORS

Teams already qualified:

Ironman4x4Fab Class A

Joe Darlington 22
Randall Holmes 88
John Herr 156
Brad Carrier 69x
Tony Hirko 666
Kenny Hall 13
Andy Carter 121
Will Carter 52x
Charles Robinson 56
Shea Nutt 603
Jerry Huffman 71H
Michael McMillian 111 (4th place at DPG)

NC4x4.com Class B

Joe Darlington 0
Adam Spencer 111
Jody Treadway 17
Dylan Wiles 14
Wade Sullens 112
Adam Macke 7
Blake Mullins 3
Marc Zabboth 94
Ken Carter 449 (2nd place at DPG)
Prescott Hill 787
Chris Sommer 883

Class C

Daniel Dennis 8x
Michael Bowen 747
BJ Allen 4426
Shawn Fisher 4419
Alex Vaughn 115x
Kevin Crews 147
PJ Mallory 32x
Kevin Hite 13
Justin Maloney 84
James Schofield 4403
Adam Carter 4433 (1st place at DPG)
Travis Watford 4429
Chris May 99
Scott Decker 22
Joel Withers 4447

If you have raced with us in 2011 and you don't see your name on the list, you are either not listed as an ECORS season member or you have not met the 2 race minimum.

Remember, there is 1 race left PRIOR to the Nov 5 race that you can utilize to meet your 2 race minimum. There are a number of teams that must utilize this race to meet the 2 race minimum to have an automatic invite. For others that want to race, the August 27 race in Silver Valley, NC will be a qualifier for the Nov 5 race. So, if you have never raced with ECORS or are not a member, the top 3 that are not already qualified in Class C will earn qualifier postions. One spot is open for the Ironman4x4Fab Class A and one spot is open for the NC4x4.com Class B.

DragonFire Class U qualifiers are a little different. This year there is no UTV membership required. Therefore, UTVs that have raced with us at least twice in 2011 will be qualified. We will also have a LCQ for the UTVs on Friday morning with the trucks. For the Aug 27 race, we will have 5 UTV spots open as a qualifier. So, if you've never raced UTV in ECORS before, you can qualify for the Nov 5 race just by showing up and earning one othe 5 available spots August 27.

DragonFire Racing Class U

Kevin Walker 76
Michael Gilliland 517
Brit Mansel 902
Tim Wyatt 5
BJ Allen 262
Weldon Nutt 226
Jim Tsokatos 23
James Schofield 16
Old 07-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 139739
We will post up an application for registration on the website August 1.

This will NOT be an online registration but payment must be mailed in. For teams that are already qualified, we will have a form for you to fill out and once received, we can send you online payment info if you want to do it that way. But for any new teams that are applying to this race and not already qualified, they will need to mail everything in. The application will be there to "sell" us on your team and should show accomplishments, etc. so we will be convinced you are ready for this race and won't be a trail plug the first 1/2 mile into the race.

Teams that don't get an invite or that are last minute decision makers will be allowed to run the LCQ the Friday before the big race. If we have 20 open spots and 10 LCQ guys, we will still run the LCQ! You will have a time limit on the LCQ and will be 1 lap on the course to prove you and your rig are ready and capable (somewhat...).

We will have starting order for the Main race on Saturday drawn early on and it won't be based on registration order. however, all LCQ guys have to start at the back of the pack.

LCQ will be Friday morning. We will have LCQ registration open September 1. Anyone that applies for the Main but does not get an invite may select to utilize that application for the LCQ. We will notify teams if they are/are not selected for the main and if they wish, they may run the LCQ. The entry fee sent in for the Main will only be accepted if an invite to the Main is issued. Teams MAY utilize the Main application for LCQ registration. LCQ registration and entry fee is $50 for ALL classes. LCQ participants must also be ECORS members. Single event memberships are available for $55. LCQ does not have a prize, payout, trophy, etc. other than to qualify your team for the Main race.

LCQ entry fee is in addition to the Main race entry fee. No refunds on entry fees but credits for future race entries, memberships, or merchandise is available.

Questions, e-mail ECORS at: sales@ecors.com

Thanks!
Team ECORS
Old 07-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 3321
Send a message via AIM to Ken Carter / BRUISER
I just hope BlueTorch races again so I can have my revenge at the starting line this time

My Builds:
Bus / RV, YJ linked w/ 9's, Camper / ToyHauler, CTD Tow Rig, Jeep XJ, Shop
Ken Carter / BRUISER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 165352
Thats what Im talkin about....some home town offroad ACTION!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 118546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Carter / BRUISER View Post
I just hope BlueTorch races again so I can have my revenge at the starting line this time
we will be there for sure. hopefully we have a better chance at doing some good at this race. Harlan was alot of fun.
james@bluetorchfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:20 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 128449
This is going to be awesome. The sky is the limit with this race being at windrock. I pray you make Rattle Rock part of the trail, It will seperate the men from the boys!
yellowjeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:06 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 139739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Carter / BRUISER View Post

Ken, you need WAAAAAAAAY more motor to get any chance at revenge.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 8402
Is the LCQ a heat style race, with all the cars running at the sime time, or is it an individual race against the clock (Like KOH)?

How long is the LCQ?

Sounds like a fun race, just not sure how far I want to drive only for an LCQ.
Inviscid Motorsports #9009
Thanks to; Ironman Offroad - Motorcity Machines - Branik Motorsports
michigander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 139739
The LCQ is an individual race against the clock, not heat style. All classes will be running the same course, Class A, B, C, and UTV. We don't want the terrain to kill the cars in the LCQ but want the cars to push it to finish top in their class and advance on to the Main race on Saturday.

The LCQ will be 1 lap of the main course, which depending on our exact layout can be up to 15 miles.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:21 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 73681
Can't wait! Subscribed.
solar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:12 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 746
Send a message via MSN to syko
Aaaaah come awn. At least move the 4419 in front of the 4426 in the list and make it more realistic. lmao

This is going to be the best race all year. I'm fired up about it.
#419X
syko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:22 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 139739
Quote:
Originally Posted by syko View Post
Aaaaah come awn. At least move the 4419 in front of the 4426 in the list and make it more realistic. lmao

Missed you in SC! It just wasn't the same without the 4419 crew and cherry bombs under the port a jons
Old 07-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 25686
Quote:
Originally Posted by syko View Post

Baaaahaaaahhaaaaahaaaaa!

Wanna drag race off the line? I bet I know a fella that can pair us up
Thank you to all our 2012 partners. Barco Pump, Wide Open Design, Jimmy's 4x4, Jim's Garage, PSC, Advance Adapters, PCI, Branik Motorsports, Spidertrax, NC Serve, TKES, RickyB Photography, Downsouth Motorsports and BFGoodrich.
crawlin85cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:31 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 53658
Send a message via AIM to SkyHiK5
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlin85cj View Post
Baaaahaaaahhaaaaahaaaaa!

Wanna drag race off the line? I bet I know a fella that can pair us up
Make the check payable to Ron....anything is possible...

Last edited by SkyHiK5; 07-19-2011 at 06:31 PM.
SkyHiK5 is offline   Reply With Quote