Pirate 4x4 banner

Endurance Rock Race @ Windrock

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  5BrothersFabrication 
#1 ·
In the works now, Endurance Rock Race at Coal Creek OHV Park in Oliver Springs, Tn. How many of you would attend to spectate? How many would compete for a low, low $150 entry fee? Volunteer judges, medics, or recovery vehicles? Event sponsors? Getting WEROCK on board, need all the input I can get! Post here and email me at: 5Bros_Fab@live.com ! :grinpimp:

#2 ·
Is this different than the ECORS race in November?

How long is the race (miles or hours)?

Around what dates are you thinking?

What do the classes of rigs look like?

#7 ·
Nice, how is the payout broken down? Cash purse? How far back does it pay? What percentage per position? Does it require a mnimum number of entries?

#8 ·
I've been talking with Big about doing a Dirt Riot event there. Since I already have a great course picked out, I figured I might try it. Thinking of all kinds of new things like a 15 at a time land rush start from top of trail 15 in the big open area, run trails all over for 3 laps, last lap finish at the top of Rattle Rock. Only have to do Rattle once, let the herds thin out to keep congestion down. If enough drivers and spectators come, we may be able to do a $10,000 to win. Try for a $5000 2nd, $2000 3rd. Just depends on the size of the crowd.
Everybody knows the Hammers are in the middle of nowhere, waaay out on the left coast, no hotels, restaurants, etc... Oak Ridge is waaay closer to the mighty Mississippi, will sustain way more people and be really close to Coal Creek. To pull it off, we need a big crowd, and we need you to tell everybody you know to get on here or Pirate and post, let Big know he's GOING to have a helluva crowd, make KoH look like a drum circle around Cambell's buggy! I want this thing to happen, not just for me, but for all the rock bouncers out there!!! :grinpimp:

#9 ·
Was thinking Spring 2012, with an Unlimited (to include the Modifieds) and a trail class for full-bodied rigs. Don't want to knock Ultra, KoH, or ECORS off the map, I just want to have a cool event, lots of rigs, lots of spectators, lots of vendors. I admire what Rich, Dave @ KoH, and whoever at ECORS (sorry, buddy, haven't met you yet) are doing, it's really a dream of mine to put one of these on! I love the sport, and all those who are living the dream!

#10 ·
If you want to work on putting something on or helping out, we will have our finale there at Windrock Nov 5.

We WILL have a $10,000 payout for first on Class C (unlimited). Check out our other thread for more info.

For 2012, we plan to be there every year with this race in the fall with the same payout or more... :)

#11 ·
This is the PROPOSED course. 2 or 3 laps on the red route, last lap cuts down the blue route on 22 to finish at the parking lot. The reason I say 2 or 3 laps is because I HAVE pre-run it, just not without stopping to fix something, getting out to grab another beer, or stopping 27 times for the obligatory chain smoking couple that won't smoke in the vehicle smoke break (NOT this couple :flipoff2: ). I'll run it hard here in a month or so to nail down how many laps it will end up being.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.