2017 Baja 1000 Co-Drivers Wanted - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Desert Racing
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2017, 01:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 120261
2017 Baja 1000 Co-Drivers Wanted

I have had plans to race the 50th anniversary of the Baja 1000 for several years. My very first Baja race was the 2000 and it was an experience I will never forget. I raced with some friends pretty regularly from 2000-2010, but kids and life has kept us away from racing lately. However, I always knew that I didn’t want to miss this year.

Due to family obligations my co-driver recently told me he had to back out. We were both planning on staying in the truck the whole time, so I hadn’t approached anyone else about it. I’ve got a few people that want to ride for a section or two, but I still need to find some additional co-drivers, and more importantly some help chasing. I plan on using BFG pits for fuel/tires, but obviously the more help the better.

So here is what I am offering- if anyone is interested in participating in the 50th anniversary of the Baja 1000 as a co-driver/navigator, I have some open spots. You will need to cover your own expenses while in Baja, buy a SCORE membership, provide your own helmet/safety equipment, and most importantly provide some sort of chase support for your section. I don’t care if it is a fully set up chase truck or a clapped out 1984 Toyota pickup with a missing bed. As long as you have a race radio and can get out to the course if needed, that counts. If you were planning on going down to the race as a spectator anyways and want an opportunity to be in the race for a minimal cost, this deal is for you.

Here is my truck: http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/thr...w-build.51052/ . It is going through a front-end rebuild at the moment but will be ready to go in plenty of time. I will likely race in Sportsman, and the whole goal is to finish and have an incredible experience.

If anyone is interested, please respond here or send me a PM and I will get you my contact info. I have been going to Baja for more than 25 years and have raced/chased multiple Baja 1000s. Until the course map comes out I won’t know which specific sections are available, but I want to start putting together a list of interested people. I am not asking for a 100% commitment at this point, but please don’t sign up unless you are pretty sure you will be able to make it.

Please feel free to post up any questions here, or 2017 Baja 1000 Co-Drivers Needed | race-deZert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediJesus
That's a purple dragon playing a saxophone mother fucker, and your wife is cheating on you.

Last edited by desertspeed33; 03-21-2017 at 01:41 PM.
desertspeed33 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2017, 02:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 2870
If anyones interested in co-dogging in this truck, I can vouch for Andrew.
Legit dude with plenty of Baja knowledge.
Best of luck man!
Old 03-21-2017, 12:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 120261
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCity View Post
If anyones interested in co-dogging in this truck, I can vouch for Andrew.
Legit dude with plenty of Baja knowledge.
Best of luck man!
Thanks Eric- you going to be down there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediJesus
That's a purple dragon playing a saxophone mother fucker, and your wife is cheating on you.
desertspeed33 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 12:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 213914
I'm extremely interested in committing to this. Have a chase vehicle and would be able to square everything else away. Live in DFW, TX

PM on the way

Last edited by landman650; 03-21-2017 at 12:44 PM.
landman650 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2017, 05:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertspeed33 View Post
Thanks Eric- you going to be down there?
I'll pre-run the whole course as usual and hope to end up driving for the same Spec TT team I did last year.
We'll see...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.