Pirate 4x4 banner

A couple of pics from Baja.....

5K views 39 replies 35 participants last post by  HANGTOWNCRUZR 
#1 ·
We have a ton more, but I need to get them from all the chase crews, so it will take a while. I have quite a few to sort through on camo's camera, since I ruined my camera falling in the pool in Ensenada. :shaking:

Pulling into the finish line, and having Sal Fish congratulate us at 1:00am was surreal...

No sleep for 72 hours, and still ready to celebrate!!!

After a long ass race, and a night of celebrating, we could have slept on a pile of rocks. But this would do just fine...

Now I have been to a lot of awards ceremonys, but this one was insane. Once again, surreal...

See less See more
#3 ·
camo and Roggy on the final leg passing checkpoint 8.

Rock crawlers in Baja - Jody Everding, Tracy Jordan, and Jeff Mello anxiously wait for their race trucks to arrive, in the middle of the night, in the middle of nowhere, Baja, Mexico.

Lance after finishing his leg of the race. What a rush!!!!

Camo and Roggy rolling through the finish line. Everyone was choked up right about this point.

The team looking over the rig while we do a driver change...

Iron Dog Maurice ran all 1000 miles without a whimper.

Jeff Mello after a GRUELING 300 mile run. He was literally shaking for an hour. GET IT!!!!

#5 ·
makya said:
Great pics, I keep saying"I'll make it down there next year!" but I haven't yet.

Lance, did you get to go through any big crowds? How close do they really get to the racers?
Shaffer did the first leg where the insane crowds are. But yes, he went through the CRAZY crowds. I only went through small crowds. Mike can comment on the insanity of the beginning of the race when he gets home. He's still on the road, I flew home last night.

#8 ·
Bigburlynakedguy said:
That is spelled, "Steekers!"

Cool pics, what a cool experience for you.

You really let Jody drive your new car? That's balls right there!
With a Jalepeno on a "steek"...

LOL

So since there are a million threads.. What was the overall outcome? I heard you guys won in your class?

#9 ·
glad you guys made it down and most of all made it to the finish!!! unfortunately we came home early due to a blown tranny on the class one...great to see all of you down there!! time to get ready for the MORE race in Barstow Dec 2nd..you coming?!?

#11 ·
bajabrit said:
glad you guys made it down and most of all made it to the finish!!! unfortunately we came home early due to a blown tranny on the class one...great to see all of you down there!! time to get ready for the MORE race in Barstow Dec 2nd..you coming?!?
Since when did you drive a class 1 car????? I thought you and your dad had a Baja Bug??????? At any rate, I have to go to Supercrawl Dec 3. But we are considering sending Camo and crew to race the Henderson Jeepspeed race that weekend.

#12 ·
That's awesome guys!:beer: :usa: :jeep:

Congratulations on your finish, and the win.

I followed your progress from start to finish.

2 out of 3 of the teams I was following and cheering for (all Class 3) didn't finish. The one that did finish, finally made it in with less than 2 hours to spare, and it was their first finish in 6 attempts.

#15 ·
Camo is the Steeker Pimp Extraordinaire. :grinpimp:

BTW, Camo, I hope you tipped that guy pretty good for washing your truck, I saw him almost get his ass kicked by 5 guys while trying to defend his turf and your truck from some drunks that wanted to wash it instead.

Lance, zip and send me all the pics. I've got 100Meg inbox here so don't be bashfull.

I still haven't sorted this whole crazy adventure out in my mind but I already can't wait to do it again!!!!

#16 ·
Where's the pics of Rico's leg of the race?:flipoff2:

I am seriously happy for you guys. :D That is an amazing feat! Congratulations Xs 50,000 million trillion! That is simply awesome!!! Thanks for sharing all the pics of your dirty, goofy mugs.:flipoff2:

#20 ·
Congratulations on the finish and win!

Someone asked how close the crowd gets...

I was at race mile marker 25ish and spectators were really close. I don't know that everyone realizes that most locals go to watch the Trophy Trucks and Class 1's. A lot of times by the time Jeepspeeds, Stock minis and fulls and class 11's come through a lot of locals are already heading home, even if that means they have to go backwards on the coarse. It just makes racing a limited class vehicle that much more challenging.

Chris Amrein
Jeepspeed #1743
Baja 1000 Pro Spectator Class

#21 · (Edited)
I just noticed something...
Winning JeepSpeed - Average speed over the race: 28.72mph

Winning STOCK VW BUG (class 11) - Average speed over the race: 25.92mph

Damn, that Mexican Vdub was a threat! :laughing: :flipoff2:

I know, I know...2.8 mph over 1000 miles is a big difference, especially at that speed, but I had to rub it in a bit :blackflipoff:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.