KORE VS CARLI Suspension - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Desert Racing
Notices

Closed Thread

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2006, 12:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 82151
KORE VS CARLI Suspension

ok, so i'm trying to decide between KORE's Unlimited Series suspension, or Carli's 3" suspension (essentially same thing, just doesn't have a "cool" name). if i'm lucky, someone will have ridden both and can compare... both are too expensive to just "pick one"... thoughts, comments??
Old 11-21-2006, 07:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Member # 1
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance
Well I've never heard of Carli suspension, but I run Kore's suspension, and it's great. Keep in mind that they run a fleet of Dodges in the Baja 1000. Can't go wrong with that kind of R&D.

Did you read this? http://www.pirate4x4.com/articles/productreviews/kore
Old 11-21-2006, 07:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 22176
Never heard of Carli, but here is there website.

http://www.thecarlisuspension.com/

Looks similar to KORE. I would say it comes down to who has the better spring rates and shock valving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyComanche View Post
If you can make wine in a toilet, you can make wine in Texas.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 39476
I can say this. KORE is the only suspension company that really tests and test and test. You know they finished in thrid place in the Baja 1000 this year. in the Stock Full class. Carli suspension was there staying at our hotel in San Felipe. I even asked them if they were racing they said quote " Are you kidding???"
Old 11-22-2006, 07:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 89
Send a message via MSN to Whitewater Send a message via Yahoo to Whitewater
Might want to clarify that KORE is the only suspension company. Donahoe also tests extensively through various forms of off-road racing. But I don't think they make anything for Dodge's, only Ford, Toyota and Nissan.

"Having too many 'things', American's spend their hours and money on the couch searching for a soul. A strange species we are... If I wanted to destroy a nation, I would give it too much and I would have it on it's knees, miserable, greedy and sick." -John Steinbeck
Old 11-22-2006, 09:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 15195
Kore all the way beat the shit out of it this past week still love it!
Old 11-22-2006, 10:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

Member # 1
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBspot
Kore all the way beat the shit out of it this past week still love it!
Yep, I beat the shit out of his Kore suspension (and rims) too!
Old 11-22-2006, 11:57 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 19936
Quote:
Originally Posted by moabtj
I can say this. KORE is the only suspension company that really tests and test and test. You know they finished in thrid place in the Baja 1000 this year. in the Stock Full class. Carli suspension was there staying at our hotel in San Felipe. I even asked them if they were racing they said quote " Are you kidding???"
Yo Boyz---

Here's some facts that may make Mr. MoabTJ retract some of his statement-in fact Carli did tell moabtj that the Carli Race Truck was not complete as of this race and that they will be racing in Baja next season.

I personally have been beating the crapola out of my Dodge Carli Suspension System for two years. I've run at least 25K dirt miles with my Mega System from Carli Suspension that features a FOX 3" reservoir shocks on all four corners including the addition of some bad-azz FOX Bump stops for the gnarly hits at speed.

Contrary to moabtj's statement, Carli Suspension does test-test and test routinely throughout Baja and the Mojave Desert working on the performance of their products. It's not uncommon to be plying the desert floor many days per month testing components whether coil springs, valve rates, steering components, rear springs or mashing diff guards.

Carli Suspension raced the Baja 1000 in 2005 in their sportsman truck.
Carli Suspension provided 2 Dodge Ram Diesel trucks at the 2005 Baja 1000 in support of my personal race efforts.
Carli Suspension provided 3 Dodge RAM Diesel trucks at the 2006 Baja 500 chasing for the MasterCraft #230 Pro Truck finishing 2nd in class.
Carli Suspension provided 2 trucks in support of Eric Solorzano's Class 11 - VW Bug victory at this year's Baja 1000

The Carli Suspension Dodge Ram Race truck project is well underway and is set to debut in 2007. These are just a few facts to keep everyone informed of the facts--and only the facts

KORE has great products, but there are choices available for those that want something other than KORE.

There are many threads on the TDR discussing the differences in ALL the Dodge Ram Diesels suspension companies and choices available to customers.

Happy T-Day boyz (From San Felipe where we are headed to Puertocitos this afternoon to get in the natural hot springs and then over to Percebu for some liquid refreshments - Temps in San Felipe today are mid-70's and sunny! Going to Bomb the Dodge!)
Old 11-22-2006, 12:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 82748
Quote:
Well, I had to register for this one.

My name is Brian Busby & I was Sage's (Sage Carli) passenger this past weekend.

I represent Torco Racing Fuels as the Southern California Distributor.

Sage was hosting myself as well as the Western Regional Manager from Torco during the Baja 1000 this year.

I was with him at the hotel in San Felipe & this conversation simply never happened.

The only thing I can say about Sage & Carli suspension is that he is a stand up guy and is willing and able to lend a hand at the drop of a hat.

Now, I know nothing about KORE's suspension or how it rides, etc ... but I can say that when his chase team was lost at the Pemex gas station looking for Zoo road, Sage gave them directions, wished them luck and told them to tell Kent that he said hi (these guys were in a Titan and said that they were chasing for KORE and that Sage needed a KORE kit ... not knowing who we were). Funny, that the guy you are bashing was helping the guy you are supporting.

Sage was a little too busy to race this own race truck this year. He was supposed to drive Tim Sanchez's 5-1600. But Tim had to pull out at the last minute. Sage offered to host / drive us Torco guys around.

So, to say Sage & or Carli Suspension isn't ready, willing or able to race ... well, it simply is untrue.

If anyone has any questions, you can reach me at (949) 581-9450, this is our business line. I try not to hide behind screen names.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,
Brian
Old 11-22-2006, 03:11 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 2242
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pirata
Now, I know nothing about KORE's suspension or how it rides, etc ... but I can say that when his chase team was lost at the Pemex gas station looking for Zoo road, Sage gave them directions, wished them luck and told them to tell Kent that he said hi (these guys were in a Titan and said that they were chasing for KORE and that Sage needed a KORE kit ... not knowing who we were). Funny, that the guy you are bashing was helping the guy you are supporting.
Driving a Titan? Could this have been Robin Stover or someone from FourWheeler perhaps?
Vehicle Features, Tech, & Trail Reports
Old 11-22-2006, 04:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 82749
Quote:
So what hotel were you staying at? I was at the same hotel as Carli. I find it pretty funny that the Kore camp runs out of things to say about Carli so has to resort to making up lies. Thats just plain pathetic!

Carli is building a race truck as we speak. It will be debuting in 2007 and will open alot of eyes. He is definately planning on running the Baja 500 and Baja 1000 next year as well as some of the MDR and MORE races.

Finishing the Baja 1000 is a great feat in itself. You say you finished in third place but seeing that the truck finished right about at the time limit and was the last truck in its class to finish, you actually took last place (14 hours behind a H2).
Old 11-23-2006, 10:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 4691
Send a message via ICQ to stover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry
Driving a Titan? Could this have been Robin Stover or someone from FourWheeler perhaps?
DH: Nope Wasn't me in the Titan. Nissan would not let me take the project "Everyday Titan" to Mexico. That was Lorin Worthington's younger brother in the Titan. That guy busted his ass helping out our team this year at the B1K. Cool dude.
His Titan is pretty sick too.

Kore Vrs Carli
Lets just say this, If anyone would like to discuss or debate on which kit is better. Call me. I'd be happy to explain the differences and why I'd choose the Kore kit over Carli anyday. 323-782-2237

Last edited by stover; 11-23-2006 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 4691
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertbull
Yo Boyz---

Here's some facts that may make Mr. MoabTJ retract some of his statement-in fact Carli did tell moabtj that the Carli Race Truck was not complete as of this race and that they will be racing in Baja next season.

I personally have been beating the crapola out of my Dodge Carli Suspension System for two years. I've run at least 25K dirt miles with my Mega System from Carli Suspension that features a FOX 3" reservoir shocks on all four corners including the addition of some bad-azz FOX Bump stops for the gnarly hits at speed.

Contrary to moabtj's statement, Carli Suspension does test-test and test routinely throughout Baja and the Mojave Desert working on the performance of their products. It's not uncommon to be plying the desert floor many days per month testing components whether coil springs, valve rates, steering components, rear springs or mashing diff guards.

Carli Suspension raced the Baja 1000 in 2005 in their sportsman truck.
Carli Suspension provided 2 Dodge Ram Diesel trucks at the 2005 Baja 1000 in support of my personal race efforts.
Carli Suspension provided 3 Dodge RAM Diesel trucks at the 2006 Baja 500 chasing for the MasterCraft #230 Pro Truck finishing 2nd in class.
Carli Suspension provided 2 trucks in support of Eric Solorzano's Class 11 - VW Bug victory at this year's Baja 1000

The Carli Suspension Dodge Ram Race truck project is well underway and is set to debut in 2007. These are just a few facts to keep everyone informed of the facts--and only the facts

KORE has great products, but there are choices available for those that want something other than KORE.

There are many threads on the TDR discussing the differences in ALL the Dodge Ram Diesels suspension companies and choices available to customers.

Happy T-Day boyz (From San Felipe where we are headed to Puertocitos this afternoon to get in the natural hot springs and then over to Percebu for some liquid refreshments - Temps in San Felipe today are mid-70's and sunny! Going to Bomb the Dodge!)
Some pics showing off this so called Race truck would make this thread a lot better.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:39 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 19936
Quote:
Originally Posted by stover
Some pics showing off this so called Race truck would make this thread a lot better.
ROTFLMAO---young Baja grasshopper!

In time you Baja Bomber--LOL
Old 11-23-2006, 09:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 50586
In my opinion Carli Suspension is a great suspension my buddy has his 2006 dodge done up. Sage at Carli Suspension is a cool dude. He will spend the time to go over any questions you may have about the suspension kits they offer. Kore may be a big name and the first to have a truck race but look at the amount of travel and the customer service. I ran into bad service with Kore. The person I spoke with must have been on the rag or something but honestly it is worth it to look at the Carli Suspension. www.thecarlisuspension.comGreat customer service and good parts beats out big name. Go Carli.
www.TheCarliSuspension.com

Last edited by WOBBLEWAGON; 11-23-2006 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 5114
Send a message via AIM to PARANOID56
how about prices?
i put a KORE full unlimited kit on our 06 Dodge and it was beat apon. had a super nice soft ride. Then, we added a full bed cage, and rock sliders and a heavy dudy front bumper then it rode very rough I guess the dodge frame flexes a lot
now, the KORE kit with shipping to SoCal was around 10k. how much is the Carli kit?

Shane
1998 Honda XR650L
TLCA member #12202

Last edited by PARANOID56; 11-26-2006 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 4691
Pananoid56: You changed the sprung weight of your truck when you added the extra parts. you need to update your shock valving profile. Just ask the nice folks at Kore about a re-valving. They love helping customers dial in their suspension systems. That's one of the coolest things about Kore, they want to make sure each customer is happy with the finish product.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 22176
Quote:
Pananoid56: You changed the sprung weight of your truck when you added the extra parts. you need to update your shock valving profile. Just ask the nice folks at Kore about a re-valving. They love helping customers dial in their suspension systems. That's one of the coolest things about Kore, they want to make sure each customer is happy with the finish product.

Shock valving profile? Is that like his profile on Match.com?

Quote:
Old 11-26-2006, 07:04 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 1515
Send a message via AIM to Po' riggity Send a message via Yahoo to Po' riggity
I would like to know the cost of the Carli kit as well. Ive only ridden in a KORE equipped truck, and it rode pretty dang nice.
Scott
Old 11-26-2006, 09:11 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 82749
Quote:
Originally Posted by PARANOID56
how about prices?
i put a KORE full unlimited kit on our 06 Dodge and it was beat apon. had a super nice soft ride. Then, we added a full bed cage, and rock sliders and a heavy dudy front bumper then it rode very rough I guess the dodge frame flexes a lot
now, the KORE kit with shipping to SoCal was around 10k. how much is the Carli kit?

Shane
For prices on the Carli products you can check out Defiant Truck products:

http://www.defianttruckproducts.com

Or seeing that you are in the Santa Barbara area you can call Thuren Fabrication in Santa Barbara since he is an authorized distributer for Carli.

http://www.thurenfabrication.com
Old 11-26-2006, 09:19 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 82749
Quote:
They want to make sure every customer is happy? Then why do they have threads like this one on TDR?

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/f...highlight=kore

Maybe as a magazine editor you shouldn't be so biased towards one company. When was the last time you rode in a truck with a Carli kit? Have you ever? If I saw you come on here (a public forum) and be totally biased towards a company that I was in competition with I would never advertise with the magazine you work for or even consider it in the future. Absolutely bad business on your part.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:57 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 745
Wow I see alot of uninformed people here that just read into all the hype.

Whoever is considering a race quality suspension needs to go register at a Dodge diesel forum better yet all of them mainly DTR (even though I got banned over there, but still has lots of good info) TDR and cummins forums.

KORE totally lost my busniess once the jacked there prices through the roof and once he had a few other compeating companies offering better products at better prices. KORE has also been involved in some shady busniess and isnt a good busniess owner and his warranty and tech sucks compared to the other companies.

There's tons of threads about unhappy and pissed off KORE product owners that have ditched their KORE stuff in favor of one of these other companies due to tons of reasons have it be quality control, broken shit, bad customer service.

Did you know you can even go to KORE's shop because he doesnt have one and works out of his garage and wont let you come on over to talk to him in person nor work on your truck. Almost like a hermit that doesnt give a shit compared to these other companies that have shops, showrooms, and will work on your rig and even give you rides in shop trucks.

I have no personal dealings with KORE but I know a rip off when I see one.

Look into Carli, Thuren, Lorenz before you look into KORE.

FYI KORE has now become the Bank's of suspension

Your if you think you can go bolt on a KORE setup and race baja...it aint happening w/o tons of other work.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja_Mike
Maybe as a magazine editor you shouldn't be so biased towards one company. When was the last time you rode in a truck with a Carli kit? Have you ever? If I saw you come on here (a public forum) and be totally biased towards a company that I was in competition with I would never advertise with the magazine you work for or even consider it in the future. Absolutely bad business on your part.

Mike, can i play devils advocate for a second? This may be where Robin Stover 4wheeling enthusiast surfs the net, not Robin Stover Magazine Editor. I do know that I come here for release from my day to day job, (in the automotive aftermarket) and the things I say here are reflections of my personal opinions and not corporate policy. Something to think about, before we bash his daytme gig.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2006, 06:17 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 10761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ
Mike, can i play devils advocate for a second? This may be where Robin Stover 4wheeling enthusiast surfs the net, not Robin Stover Magazine Editor. I do know that I come here for release from my day to day job, (in the automotive aftermarket) and the things I say here are reflections of my personal opinions and not corporate policy. Something to think about, before we bash his daytme gig.

Also, most magazines pride themselves that "editorial content is independent from advertising." And as an advertiser, you will place your ad where it gets the most value.

Would you really want a magazine editor to keep their personal opinions quiet because it might hurt advertising in their magazine? That would totally discredit any editorial content in the magazine. It is very important that they "call it like they see it".

I buy magazine advertising for my company. We have several competitors in our market and magazines often run comparisons. The editors always pick one they feel is "the best". It helps my company regardless of where we stand in the comparison. If we are picked best, we have something to brag about. If we are not, we have a chance to either see where we are lacking or we have an opportunity to correct any "misconceptions" that may occur with our products.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:21 AM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 82749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ
If you look at his signature he is more than happy to point out that he is an Editor at FourWheeler magazine. If he wanted to play 4 wheeling enthusiast he should be a bit more anonymous in my opiniion.
Closed Thread