VORRA Short Course 3/31 - 4/1 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Desert Racing
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2007, 01:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 89
Send a message via MSN to Whitewater Send a message via Yahoo to Whitewater
VORRA Short Course 3/31 - 4/1

Reminder for those that know and a heads up for those that don't.

The first VORRA short course race of the season is scheduled for March 31st/April 1st at Prairie City OHV short course track in Sacramento, CA.

Many buggy/truck classes and quads too.

Go here for more detail http://www.vorra.net/

"Having too many 'things', American's spend their hours and money on the couch searching for a soul. A strange species we are... If I wanted to destroy a nation, I would give it too much and I would have it on it's knees, miserable, greedy and sick." -John Steinbeck
Whitewater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2007, 01:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 24501
I hope anyone from the PBB who's been thinking about desert racing comes out to see this. It's an absolute blast and the best way ever to introduce your familiy and friends to off-road racing. Tons of action, different classes, quads, kids on quads, and you can schlep around the pits and check out the vehicles and talk to everyone. Very family friendly, and you can see the entire track. You can even bring the camper and stay the night on Saturday. They have some practice and qualifying on Saturday.

Don't know if we're going to be ready to race, but we'll at least go and support Josh (Desertlab) in his debut.

Billy
Billy_Manfroy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2007, 02:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 89
Yeah, I'm looking forward to see a new 7 out there. I only wish there were more events at this site, having one in the spring and then 0 until September really makes it hard to peak intrest in the area.
I'd like to see one race a month here.

"Having too many 'things', American's spend their hours and money on the couch searching for a soul. A strange species we are... If I wanted to destroy a nation, I would give it too much and I would have it on it's knees, miserable, greedy and sick." -John Steinbeck
Old 04-03-2007, 12:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 89
So how was the race? Results? How did Josh's truck do on it's first race?

Old 04-03-2007, 01:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 24501
The track was a nice layout and a lot less rutted out than usual. They ran the long extension behind the pits which was a real fast section. Josh didn't get his truck done, but he Randy Blacker brought their families to watch and help out.

There were only 4 trucks in class 7. Patty has Oscar's old engine, and KC did some work during the offseason, too. There was another guy with a 4wd TTB ranger that I had never seen before.

We got the holeshot and won both motos pretty much without any challenge even though we didn't change anything but the steering since Parker. We even left the spare tires & driveshaft on it and ran 35" tires. Patty got close to us a few times in the 1st heat, but I roosted enough rocks at her to get her to drop back some. They tweaked the computer a little and were slower the 2nd heat.

My bro ran class 1 and THAT was fun to watch. Apparently, the class 1 guys are a lot faster than the class 7 guys, because Sam Berri and Tim Compton just left everyone and battled the entire time. John would have probably gotten 3rd or 4th, but he made some mistakes and then stripped the ring & pinion on the 3rd lap. His 2nd moto wasn't much better. He dove under the 3rd place guy in turn 1 and they touched, which caused him to stop so fast the truck did a big stoppie-endo thing. He tried to keep going, but it bent the beam so he just quit.

Sorry you didn't make it. The track made for some good racing and there were some new drivers, but I only watched the 1 cars so I can't tell you what happened in other classes.

Chad Z. tried racing a quad and did pretty good from what I hear. I'll post some pics when cougarfreak posts them. Brad Falin ran a super-clean looking Jeepspeed.
Billy_Manfroy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.