2009 V2R Team UNITE - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Desert Racing
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
MotorsportsSolutions

Member # 13974
2009 V2R Team UNITE

The UNITE Team Combines Royalty for a Heavy Hitter Ultra4 Vegas to Reno Race

JOHNSON VALLEY, CA, AUGUST 10, 2009:

Best In The Desert (BITD) is including a new class of cars for the first time ever at their 1000-mile Vegas to Reno three-day race August 20-22, 2009. Classified as Ultra4, the new King of the Hammers-style rock crawlers will be laying down all their cards. With a switch at the table, Hammerking Productions Dave Cole and Jeff Knoll will be drivers of record under the “UNITE” banner which will field a three-car team, also including Australian Ben Napier who hopes to qualify for the 2010 Griffin King of the Hammers. The UNITE team, originally formed by Brian Kirby and Bobby Ouellette in 2005 after racing the Baja 500, is composed of a virtual who’s who in rock-sports circles for the epic BITD Vegas to Reno race and is sure to produce a winning hand.

Vegas to Reno the long way, the brainchild of BITD’s Casey Folks, is the longest off-road point-to-point race in the United States, and this year he made it tougher. Not wanting to miss a once in a lifetime adventure, Hammerking Productions approached Folks about the addition of King of the Hammers-style Rock crawlers, now branded Ultra4 cars. “Our type of racing is all about the harsh environment and brutal terrain, and we felt this would continue that test of man and machine,” said Hammerking Productions Dave Cole. Cole will pilot a Brian Kirby purpose-built, cross breed of desert car that is also capable of climbing vertical walls and accelerating through the deep silt-beds found in the Nevada desert. “This is my dream car!” exclaimed Cole.

To sweeten the deal and attract a class of racers, Hammerking Productions attached the event to its widely popular Griffin King of the Hammers series of regional qualifiers. “Our approach this year has been to force our teams out of their comfort zone and introduce them to multiple forms of off-road genres,” says Knoll. He then went on to say that “the partnership between Hammerking and Best In The Desert has been working out great so far with more than a dozen Ultra4 teams signing up for this epic adventure.”

The UNITE team partners drivers who regularly participate in multiple motor sports and fabricators from six states and three countries who could be considered royalty in their own racing category. Drivers have experience ranging from the X Games, SCORE/BITD Desert Racing, Gumball 3000 Rally, Drag Racing, and Professional Rock-Sport Racing. Personalities include Adam Woodlee, Wyatt Pemberton, Dan Barcroft, Brian Kirby, Ken Mercer, RJ Brown, Matt Sisson, Dave Camp, Wayne Israelsen, Randy Slawson, Ben Napier, JR VanOrtwick, Dave Schneider, Chris Ridgway, and Chris Pook, who will join forces with Dave Cole and Jeff Knoll of Hammerking Productions and will be lead by the efforts of crew chief JC Andrews the Mojave Desert Racing 2008 overall points champion. “JC is the type of driver who puts together solid, consistent wins. We will all learn from him out in the Nevada desert,” said 2007 SCORE Baja 1000 winner Dave Schnieder and owner of the 4471 car piloted by Jeff Knoll for this event. “Half the fun is just going to be working with these guys!” added Knoll.

Signing on to support the effort of the UNITE team has been a number of the leaders in the off-road motor sports arena, including Griffin Thermal Products, BFGoodrich Tires, Raceline Wheels, Vision X Lights, and Ready Welder. Greg Mulkey, race director for Raceline Wheel, expressed his company’s position: “Raceline Wheels is proud to be associated with Hammerking Productions and we hope to carry over our success in rock-sports to this exciting new class of desert racing. We believe our wheels are perfectly suited for the demands of this type of endurance racing." Mulkey will join the UNITE team for Vegas to Reno and utilize the opportunity to see first-hand testing of their line of racing wheels. Darick Schmitt, distributor for VisionX lighting systems, added, “We see King of the Hammers as the fastest-growing off-road racing series in North America. The commitment by Jeff Knoll and Dave Cole to create a race and build a series that combines so many different off-road disciplines has created a following by top racers which, in turn, brings fan support never seen before in this type of [rock-sports] racing.”

To learn more about the UNITE off-road racing team, get race week live updates and coverage, and King of the Hammers, please visit: www.KingOfTheHammers.com

Sponsors:
www.GriffinRad.com
www.BFGoodrichTires.com
www.RacelineWheels.com
www.VisionXUSA.com
www.ReadyWelder.com

Hammerking Productions, Inc. created the “King of the Hammers” off-road race in 2007 (www.kingofthehammers.com) and released its first full-length film in 2008. The 2009 running of the King of the Hammers was featured on Spike TV and in the film “Second Crusade.” In 2009, Hammerking expanded race action to include three additional regional qualifiers for the 2010 race. Over 15,000 drivers and fans from around the globe will descend on the desert of Johnson Valley for over a week of off-road related activities in 2010.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
I'm back and watchin

Member # 43607
Good luck, and god speed!

Team 44554
KOH racer #554

Huge thanks to our partners:

Trick Toys Fabrication, NITTO Tires, Longfield Super Joints, PSC steering components, Brian Smith Development.............tricktoysracing@yahoo.com
Easy Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2009, 10:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 107468
Send a message via Skype™ to Motorsports2
Good Luck guys, and we are glad to be a part of the program!
[URL="http://www.m2outfitters.com/index.php?route=common/home"]www.m2outfitters.com[/URL]
Motorsports2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 7482
I cant wait!
Old 08-13-2009, 03:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 50419
Good luck.
Murphy's Law Motorsports #816
Check us out on FACEBOOK

Kessler Machine & Fabricating, Fox Racing, Raceline Wheels, Yukon Axle & Gear, B.F. Goodrich, NEA4WD, PAC Racing Springs, Spiegel Scrap Metal, Griffin Radiators, Baja Designs,AMSOIL, Flexcon Industries, Ruffstuff, HOWE performance
imagineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 101680
Send a message via MSN to napsta
Its about 36 hours until we get on the plane. Can't sleep. This is going to be huuuuuge. Thanks heaps to Randy, Dave and Jeff for the help so far. Will be there soon. Bringing Bundy Rum for Wayne, any other requests from the other side of the world?
napsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 19705
Congrats to Jeff and Dave for starting with a vision, and seeing it become a main stream off road reality. No one would have believed that there would be a class for KoH cars in BITD racing three years ago.

Last edited by bob91yj; 08-14-2009 at 05:14 PM.
bob91yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 133025
Man, this just get's better and better. Kudos to Dave and Jeff, and a special thanx to Casey Folks for the BITD inclusion of Ultra4 cars. Now Big Rich is putting on a KOH qualifier down here in Tucson, I expect next year there will be a qualifier every month. I'm looking forward to that, don't dissapoint me you two. This is the most excited I've been in years as far as motorsports events goes, what a great concept you both have developed. I can see the growth limited only by the venues available for this race series, not insurmountable, but challenging nonetheless. I know you both are really working hard to grow this sport, keep up the good work, we all expect great things from you. Good luck, good racing, and prove to all, your team is desert racing "royalty". See you in Vegas, Gene
easyspops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 41800
Thanks for the opportunity to be a part of such a great team. I can't wait !!!!!!
Old 08-14-2009, 04:32 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 26750
"GET IT" boys I'll be watchin from the beach in Jersey....
broncolou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 2870
Good luck out there guys.

The title cracks me up.
I cant help but think of you guys all together with your fist's in the air.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
DSI
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 920
Send a message via Yahoo to DSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCity View Post

The title cracks me up.

soooo wrong! so so wrong
Old 08-14-2009, 11:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 21320
Quote:
Originally Posted by napsta View Post
Bringing Bundy Rum for Wayne, any other requests from the other side of the world?
Can you throw one of those fancy suzuki samurai grills you have over there in your carry on and give it to Pook for me

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=970111
BCzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 29513
Quote:

The title cracks me up.

Go Team Untie
miniwally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
I brought the beer

Member # 10203
Send a message via ICQ to JeepRecoveryTeam Send a message via AIM to JeepRecoveryTeam Send a message via Yahoo to JeepRecoveryTeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSI View Post
soooo wrong! so so wrong
I don't know what you're upset about. You look pretty good in those gold bracelet things.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
DSI
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepRecoveryTeam View Post
I don't know what you're upset about. You look pretty good in those gold bracelet things.

i wasn't going to comment on your superman costume there big boi....
Old 08-14-2009, 01:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 50632
Quote:
Its about 36 hours until we get on the plane. Can't sleep. This is going to be huuuuuge. Thanks heaps to Randy, Dave and Jeff for the help so far. Will be there soon. Bringing Bundy Rum for Wayne, any other requests from the other side of the world?
Don't bring that stuff for me I got too drunk to drive just reading that. But I am sure I can find a few to help you take care of it.

wayne
www.alltechmotorsports.com

wayne@alltechmotorsports.com new e-mail address!

Congratulations to Alltech customers
Erik Miller, 2012 KING of the Hammers
Rick Mooneyham 2012 2nd place
John Currie/Gerald Lee 1st place EMC
Derek West for 4 pole positions in 2012
And all our customers who finished or took
the green flag!
ZukIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
DSI
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZukIzzy View Post
Don't bring that stuff for me I got too drunk to drive just reading that. But I am sure I can find a few to help you take care of it.

wayne

Spiked Wayne Beer

Heck, I think you were drunk off the fact there was a :gasp: Diet Coke in the shop fridge the other night
Old 08-14-2009, 04:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 50632
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSI View Post
Spiked Wayne Beer

Heck, I think you were drunk off the fact there was a :gasp: Diet Coke in the shop fridge the other night
The only reason its Deit Pepsi in stead of Deit Coke is that I made more money painting the Pepsi plant then the Coke plant.

wayne

The monsters do make me a bit buzzed when they sit too long near the Wayne beer
www.alltechmotorsports.com

wayne@alltechmotorsports.com new e-mail address!

Congratulations to Alltech customers
Erik Miller, 2012 KING of the Hammers
Rick Mooneyham 2012 2nd place
John Currie/Gerald Lee 1st place EMC
Derek West for 4 pole positions in 2012
And all our customers who finished or took
the green flag!
ZukIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 133025
Quote:

The title cracks me up.

I feel I've made a terrible assumption, "Royalty", I pictured the "Kings" of racing, Scherer, DSI, Ridgway, etc. The "Queens of the Desert", doesn't have the same ring. Are those fire suits really legal? Jeff, are those the same tights, and green slippers you wore at Reno Rocks? Are ya'all going for the "best appearing crew award"? Hands down you have that sown up, I guess image really is everything!!! Give em hell boys, see you in Vegas.
easyspops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 101680
Send a message via MSN to napsta
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZukIzzy View Post

wayne
Oops, too late. We are at the airport waiting for our flight. will be there in about 16 hours. cya soon!
napsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
DSI
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 920
Quote:
Oops, too late. We are at the airport waiting for our flight. will be there in about 16 hours. cya soon!

i am sure we can make it disapear! see you wanker's sunday!
Old 08-15-2009, 10:54 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 26496
Glad to be part of such a great team and an epic race. Can't wait.

....uh, but nobody said anything about wearin no damn tights though.

... and Ben, you know it won't go to waste.
RockSports Team #770
www.mercermotorsports.com

2009 & 2010 KOH Team #770

Bunk is a true Hero! Ask me why :)
DocRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 130874
We're starting to get feedback on the cars and what is happening out there in the desert already!

We will be covering the event "as live as the Nevada desert will allow"

Check out the post and subscribe!
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=812168

[COLOR="Orange"]Check Out [I][URL="http://www.pirate4x4.com/tv/live.php"]Pirate4x4 TV Live! [/URL][/I]

"I plan on skidding into the Pearly Gates 5th gear pinned with a smile on my face..." :p

Bower Motorsports Media - Lets put you in first place [email]charlene@bowermedia.com[/email]

[url]www.BowerMotorsportsMedia.com[/url] / [url]www.UTVWeekly.com[/url] / [url]www.RogerNormanRacing.com[/url] / [URL="http://www.JKOwners.com"]www.JKOwners.com[/URL][/COLOR] / [url]www.RacingForTits.com[/url]
YAONTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:09 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 130874
Make sure you guys are checking out the updates as we get ready to go racin!
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=812168

Lance and I have the plan ready to post live (as cell phones allow) here on Pirate...I'm stoked...it will be awesome!

[COLOR="Orange"]Check Out [I][URL="http://www.pirate4x4.com/tv/live.php"]Pirate4x4 TV Live! [/URL][/I]

"I plan on skidding into the Pearly Gates 5th gear pinned with a smile on my face..." :p

Bower Motorsports Media - Lets put you in first place [email]charlene@bowermedia.com[/email]

[url]www.BowerMotorsportsMedia.com[/url] / [url]www.UTVWeekly.com[/url] / [url]www.RogerNormanRacing.com[/url] / [URL="http://www.JKOwners.com"]www.JKOwners.com[/URL][/COLOR] / [url]www.RacingForTits.com[/url]
YAONTO is offline   Reply With Quote