Welcome to the OFFICIAL 2010 Baja 1000 thread - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Desert Racing
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 07:38 PM   #26 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 18734
Going to be a great race. Good luck to all!
letzrolloffroad@gmail.com
All your Hardcore Crawling / Racing needs!
PSC Motorsports, 4340 Axle shafts (many brands) Custom or factory, Gears, Lockers, Yukon gear and axle, Reid racing, Advance Adapters, TeraFlex, Ballistic Fab, RuffStuff, 7075 t-6 links, Custom axles, 9'' 3rd members, Mads Smarty, Solid (spintec), Rock Krawler, Artec Industries, ADS racing shocks
jpcrawleram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:46 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 43562
FatCity/Dust Junkies are pre-running through the night. Heading for Loreto.
Spot Trackerhttp://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...enWE0GZyt4nupY

Glad to see Shafer racing. Forgot he entered.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:12 PM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 130874
Not gonna make it to WiFi tonight... headed back from San Felipe to Ensanada. Going to take about 3 hours to get back. Just another day on the job

[COLOR="Orange"]Check Out [I][URL="http://www.pirate4x4.com/tv/live.php"]Pirate4x4 TV Live! [/URL][/I]

"I plan on skidding into the Pearly Gates 5th gear pinned with a smile on my face..." :p

Bower Motorsports Media - Lets put you in first place [email]charlene@bowermedia.com[/email]

[url]www.BowerMotorsportsMedia.com[/url] / [url]www.UTVWeekly.com[/url] / [url]www.RogerNormanRacing.com[/url] / [URL="http://www.JKOwners.com"]www.JKOwners.com[/URL][/COLOR] / [url]www.RacingForTits.com[/url]
YAONTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:31 PM   #29 (permalink)
Crawlin'BC

Member # 21813
Good luck everyone
Team Crawlin'BC (Pro-Mod #250)
Driver: Rich Walker

Proud to be working with; Baja North, Jeep Thrills, Crawlin'bc.com, Optic Nerve, Master Pull, Family Glass, 4WD Magazine, and Inner Air Lock

www.crawlinbc.com
www.crawlinbc.com/u-can-2

Find me on Youtube and Twitter
CanadianZuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
Always Late

Member # 89541
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepRecoveryTeam View Post
Got the car weighed tonight... we're going to make it by 20 pounds

What a fawkin relief.

Dave

must've been the drive shaft tunnel....
ToolBox Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 87150
Quote:

What a fawkin relief.

Dave
Not tagged yet? Does Kirby have any history with Savage? Tech could be fun, viva SCORE tech.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:57 PM   #32 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 98865
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAONTO View Post

Roggy is broke down in Bakersfield (well as of a few hours ago) and Dave is waiting to hook up with him to cross the border.
So today I was driving south on I 5 outside of Bakersfield. LOL! All I can say is that Bob is lucky that I had to take a leak or we would have cruised right by that exit. I came around the corner and there he was. Classic! We transferred him into Jessi Combs custody in Burbank. Nice to finally meet you Jessi. I didn't think it would be in a random parking lot in Burbank.

Thanks for all the kind words on the new look for the truck!

We are hiring! Email your resume to our Human Resources Manager at cnichols@torchmate.com and ask about openings.

Buy your consumables here! www.torchmatestore.com
Torchmate Racing Homepage: www.torchmateracing.com
Torchmate CNC Forum here: /forum/125-torchmate-cnc-forum/
Torchmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:31 AM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 130874
Another day in the desert means another batch of stories to be told...

Here is the post from the day...
http://pirate4x4.com/trailreports/ba...010/sunday.php

I also updated the main HOME page with some SCORE FACT SHEETS (at the very bottom) If you ever wanted to know everything about desert racing, and the upcoming Baja 1000 that is where I will be posting their official info.

Yes, Dave Cole's name is now on the rooster!

Tomorrow is registration, upload videos (cross fingers) work on the cars for a bit and then head to Mike's Sky Ranch. I won't be able to post anything tomorrow night because there is absolutely no internet possibility out there, but I will leave you with a special treat tomorrow afternoon that will tide you over until we get back to town! ...stay tuned...

[COLOR="Orange"]Check Out [I][URL="http://www.pirate4x4.com/tv/live.php"]Pirate4x4 TV Live! [/URL][/I]

"I plan on skidding into the Pearly Gates 5th gear pinned with a smile on my face..." :p

Bower Motorsports Media - Lets put you in first place [email]charlene@bowermedia.com[/email]

[url]www.BowerMotorsportsMedia.com[/url] / [url]www.UTVWeekly.com[/url] / [url]www.RogerNormanRacing.com[/url] / [URL="http://www.JKOwners.com"]www.JKOwners.com[/URL][/COLOR] / [url]www.RacingForTits.com[/url]
Old 11-15-2010, 06:10 AM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 19705
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxyedor View Post
Not tagged yet? Does Kirby have any history with Savage? Tech could be fun, viva SCORE tech.
If I remember right the car was tagged a month or so ago, at the time it was too heavy. Savage said he would weigh it again later as Dave had changes in the works. That was one of the things that got Pistola fired up!
Old 11-15-2010, 07:27 AM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 77779
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxyedor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob91yj View Post
If I remember right the car was tagged a month or so ago, at the time it was too heavy. Savage said he would weigh it again later as Dave had changes in the works. That was one of the things that got Pistola fired up!
From another thread.....

Quote:
Yep. We were 300 lbs over. Had 12 quarts of spare fluids, light bar and 390 lbs of fuel on board.

A little bit of massaging and weigh it with an empty tank (per the rules) we'll be fine.

The chassis tech'd out clean. No tubes need to be added. All welds were magnafluxed (sp?), no cracks. One weld was notated as having a bubble. It's already fixed.

IIRC we're tag number 3350.
Retired Driver #4447
Bench racing with a keyboard
bigsilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:43 AM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 63846
Good luck all! Here's to a safe and speedy race!
glaZe76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:01 AM   #37 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 132116
I want more

So now that I can track the race cars from my smart phone while I'm working in Nor Cal, how do I tap into race radio feed? The more technology I get, the more I want. If we don't have real time in car cameras streaming next year, I going to be pissed.
Mtn Valley Homes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:36 AM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 96466
Good time down here so far. We found out from a newbie with the team that Radio Shack has the best dam tacos on the way to San Felipe.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:18 AM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 113911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchmate View Post
So today I was driving south on I 5 outside of Bakersfield. LOL! All I can say is that Bob is lucky that I had to take a leak or we would have cruised right by that exit. I came around the corner and there he was. Classic! We transferred him into Jessi Combs custody in Burbank. Nice to finally meet you Jessi. I didn't think it would be in a random parking lot in Burbank.
Thank you for giving them a ride!!
Old 11-15-2010, 01:30 PM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 130874
All kinds of work is being done back at the hotel right now... Final prep is right on schedule

I won't be able to upload from Mike's Sky Ranch tonight, so I decided to take you with us Watch the video tour that I did last year from up there. An amazing place! Then on Tuesday we will be heading out to Horsepower Ranch where we have another tour video from last year...
Enjoy!

http://www.pirate4x4.com/trailreport...010/monday.php

Old 11-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #41 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 7638
Send a message via AIM to jwag
Thanks Charlene, Keep up the great work and don't forget the SPOT
Old 11-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #42 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 23617
BC-5 (Team BFG) is all here- we are talking about the other teams in our class...one of them has 37 Indy 500 starts between the drivers and Todd Clement that used to own Wide Open...going to be a good race! I'll keep you all posted to our plan as well. Tonight we are going to see the car for the first time, do a quick shakedown as the car is fully rebuilt. Adjust lights at night and get some rest...maybe
Old 11-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #43 (permalink)

Member # 130874
Headed out ... but was able to sit long enough to add one video...

Be somewhere you can LOL!!
http://www.pirate4x4.com/trailreport...0/saturday.php

More to come as I can... Sundays is pretty funny too....

Old 11-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #44 (permalink)

Member # 130874
Quote:
Originally Posted by ON THE RCKS View Post
BC-5 (Team BFG) is all here- we are talking about the other teams in our class...one of them has 37 Indy 500 starts between the drivers and Todd Clement that used to own Wide Open...going to be a good race! I'll keep you all posted to our plan as well. Tonight we are going to see the car for the first time, do a quick shakedown as the car is fully rebuilt. Adjust lights at night and get some rest...maybe
I'll see you there tomorrow! Lets get some good video for Pirate

Old 11-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 169909
Quote:

What a fawkin relief.

Dave
Dave good luck wish it all would have worked out to be down there with you guys. I will be keeping tabs on the car via internet.....Cant wait to see the 4454 give the class one crowd an eyeopening race! Good Luck and be safe! I hope I can be more involved next year with the car.

Jeremy
Polarcub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:35 PM   #46 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 94026
Jason...Have a GREAT RACE in your FREE RIDE courtesy of your friends, PIRATE friends, and BFG!
ISDTBower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:43 PM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 84593
Send a message via AIM to HardcorewannabeXJ Send a message via MSN to HardcorewannabeXJ
Got to Loreto tonight. Seems like I've been driving for 3 days straight! Chase roads are inspected, truck is making all kinds of sweet squeaky noises, the pemex in Loreto has a 10:1 exchange rate... Tomorrow is La Paz, and back to Loreto for final chase road inspection. Wednesday is to San Ignacio/Guerro Negro until race night.

Hasta Manana!
HardcorewannabeXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:32 AM   #48 (permalink)

Member # 19705
The DJR crew starts heading south this morning...FINALLY!
Old 11-16-2010, 06:38 AM   #49 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 2870
Hola from C. Constitucion.
Pre-ran Ignacio to Lorteo on Sunday.
Burried my truck in the silt around RM 745 about 9pm. Found a local with a tractor to pull us out for a nominal 200 pesos.
We went back and re-pre-ran the 738 to 785 so we could see the silt beds in day light as well as the last 45 miles after that.
Met up late with Eric Helgison from the 1702 team in Loreto yesterday. We clicked off about 70 miles to Constitucion.
We all drink Tequila for dinner...
Off to bed for an earl rise and off 230 more miles to LaPaz this morning.

Staying safe and partying.
Cant go wrong with Baja.
Much Love,
Filarski

Last edited by FatCity; 11-16-2010 at 07:06 AM.
FatCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:31 AM   #50 (permalink)
MotorsportsSolutions

Member # 13974
Tony T has Dave Cole and the Rock Donkies at 2-1 odds in class 1. Equal with the All German Motorsports team. Someone has faith in 4 wheel drive. Must be all the talk of silt beds. Good luck to all my friends racing. I am trying to avoid the Baja threads as it is painfull not being there this year.