2011 Silver State 300 - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Desert Racing
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 04:32 PM   #26 (permalink)
The "other" Shannon

Member # 127217
Send a message via Yahoo to LytleRed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Having at least one extra person could be nice though, we were planning on packing our bags on the car and driving from the finish line to the start line but ended up with our meager bag of sleeping gear in the Sac's truck and one of his team guys brought my crewcab up to the finish. This was really good since we passed a NV trooper on the highway while we were towing home and we forgot the plate for the buggy. It would have been sketchy even with the plate!
I laughed out loud when I saw you responded that at least one person would be helpful . Fortunately we had 2 extra so I could drive our truck and our friend could drive yours, but yeah, as the "extra" person. The time you guys are on the run is pretty damn boring. I just wouldn't bring the whole family along. It was good for me to see for logistics purposes though.

Last edited by LytleRed; 02-18-2011 at 04:59 PM.
LytleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 94758
I went to the BITD site and clicked on the 4400 rules, it took me straight to KOH rules, is this correct? Single layer fire suits OK? If we passed tech at KOH are we good? What's the total on the fees? Any pay back???
Old 02-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
The "other" Shannon

Member # 127217
DSI already spoke to what the fees were last year earlier in this thread (see post #7)

As for the rules. Tech is done by HammerKing. There are some rules that are different like BiTD prefers latch and link to cam lock. Best In The Desert does have some different rules (like a blue light not sure if it's needed this year or not). The rules of running the race are different than KOH rules so make sure you read Best in the desert racing rules!

I talked to Casey Folks today. He said Silver State forms will be created probably the first week of March. If you're planning on running silver state I would recommend 1. letting Jeff Knoll know you're running and 2. emailing bitd@bitd.com letting them know you'd like an entry form for silver state when they are created the end of this month.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #29 (permalink)
The "other" Shannon

Member # 127217
there are 2 threads right now on silver state on pirate here's the other one:
/forum/competitions-events/957627-planning-bitd-u4-silver-state-race.html
Old 02-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #30 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 82770
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddishack View Post
I went to the BITD site and clicked on the 4400 rules, it took me straight to KOH rules, is this correct? Single layer fire suits OK? If we passed tech at KOH are we good? What's the total on the fees? Any pay back???
DSI will probably chime in on the fees but I think it was 1960.00$ with entry, tracker bracket, tracker, transponder. Last year there was aprox 20 ???? 4400 cars which was the second biggest class and my purse was 2135.00$ for
1st. You won't get rich with BITD but it's well worth it.
Pac Springs
Dynomax
King Shocks
Spidertrax
lxh0318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 94758
Thought we might try it since we are Kansas retards and can't drive in the rocks
Old 02-18-2011, 05:13 PM   #32 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 82770
Quote:
Thought we might try it since we are Kansas retards and can't drive in the rocks
There are plenty of bypasses here so you should be OK Don't feel bad, I couldn't even make it to the rocks
Pac Springs
Dynomax
King Shocks
Spidertrax
Old 02-18-2011, 05:34 PM   #33 (permalink)
DSI
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 920
Send a message via Yahoo to DSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxh0318 View Post
my purse was 2135.00$ for

Shit, i got a check for $300 for 4th, i was stoked I at least recovered my tracker costs!

Oh, and thank you to everyone who raced BITD last year. The series points fund check paid my KOH entry and fuel
Old 02-19-2011, 12:27 AM   #34 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 481
If you choose to prerun in a rental try and get a vehicle with good sturdy tires and a full size spare. Its amazing how many supposedly "off-road" vehicles these days come equiped with what are basically street tires lol. When you prerun 300 miles in the dirt/rocks with street tires you have a good chance of getting two flats then you are in for a long day lol especially since most areas are cell phone/AAA unfriendly.

Last edited by Brutpwr; 02-19-2011 at 12:28 AM.
Brutpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:01 AM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 94758
Quote:
DSI will probably chime in on the fees but I think it was 1960.00$ with entry, tracker bracket, tracker, transponder. Last year there was aprox 20 ???? 4400 cars which was the second biggest class and my purse was 2135.00$ for
$2135?!?! I stopped competing for ribbons when I was 12! I could buy a boat, go fishing that day and sink it when I was done, AND be money ahead......
Old 02-23-2011, 05:01 PM   #36 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 2092
Quote:
$2135?!?! I stopped competing for ribbons when I was 12! I could buy a boat, go fishing that day and sink it when I was done, AND be money ahead......
And yet we know where you'll be and there won't be water anywhere near. Good God we're a bunch of morons. Maybe it's like an asylum, as long as we're happy it's OK if we're nuts.
KOH '13 1st ever DNF But we were hauling ass before and after it broke.
KOH '12 12th overall
KOH11 28th. It's a finish!
KOH11 Sportsmanship Award.

Friends & partners who helped: Offroad Design, Pacific Fab, King, Baja Designs, TrailReady, Amsoil, PSC, Tom Woods Driveshafts, Bighorn Graphics, Optima
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:55 PM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 121724
Anyone going out to prerun this race??
Car #4412
505livn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:54 PM   #38 (permalink)
The "other" Shannon

Member # 127217
We went last year, and probably will again this year too.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 145043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutpwr View Post
If you choose to prerun in a rental try and get a vehicle with good sturdy tires and a full size spare. Its amazing how many supposedly "off-road" vehicles these days come equiped with what are basically street tires lol. When you prerun 300 miles in the dirt/rocks with street tires you have a good chance of getting two flats then you are in for a long day lol especially since most areas are cell phone/AAA unfriendly.
I agree 100%, a guy on our team rented a truck last year to pre run silver state and had 2 or 3 flats right away. He ended up getting a better ride along in a class 1 pre runner.
trelken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:56 PM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 127840
Just wanted to get this thread flowing again. Any one doing prep or testing? I know we are making a few changes, and doing testing in a week or two, any one else?

Team 4506 Yukon-Bilstein-Maximum Transmission-STS
Pacific Fabrication is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:47 PM   #41 (permalink)
DSI
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 920
Send a message via Yahoo to DSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific Fabrication View Post
Just wanted to get this thread flowing again. Any one doing prep or testing? I know we are making a few changes, and doing testing in a week or two, any one else?

Had shoulder surgery the 9th. 4 week min before I can use it.... car's parked mid LS swap...
Old 03-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #42 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 28821
Send a message via Skype™ to desertfabmotorsports
Prepping car now... should be testing in a couple weeks
Todd
desertfabmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #43 (permalink)
Photo's 4 Beer

Member # 11577
Pirate will have a photog at the race

My Jimmy's build.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...ner-build.html

Donate to save the Hammers here.
http://savethehammers.org/sth/
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:39 AM   #44 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 29513
I've increased my alcohol intake lately. Went to dinner a while back and had one beer, actually felt it so I knew I would get my ass kicked at SS300. I have gone into an intense training regiment that requires lots of 12oz. curls, and looking at the car with out actually getting anything done on it. All of this is also being done at altitude so I should be in great shape for some bench racing smack talk.

I can tell you it's going well at this point. 4 beers, 4 hours and I put in 10 bolts in the front diff cover last night.
No major changes to the car at this point. Trying to plan some local driving and testing since the lower elevations are drying out now.

We are planning on doing the Prerun though.

Last edited by miniwally; 03-16-2011 at 08:40 AM.
miniwally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 140347
Making a couple changes and prepping the car. Next week going to dyno tune the motor and the week after going out for testing.
Team INW #4463

IFS 2 seater,ls2 6.6l turbo charged, TH400, Atlas 3.0, RCV's, SpiderTrax, ARB, Icon Shocks, Racelines, MTR's

Thanks to Offroad Power Products ,Nitro Gear,Icon shocks, Spokane Water Knife,Hazzard Fab Worx, Goodyear Tires, RCV, Six States, Warn, Dynomax, Pro Signs, Wilwood
rocj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #46 (permalink)
"Racing for Access"

Member # 86691
Still fixing KOH damage and waiting on some tires to show up, then plan on doing some tuning.
KOH and BITD Competitor #4405
FISHMOUTH FABWORKS
MASTER-PULL Recovery gear
Pacific Fab, Ruffstuff Specialties, Reid Racing, Team Tube, Raceline Wheels, Goodyear Tires, Yukon Gear, 4130 Clothing, Blue Torch Fab, Artec, Bulldog, PRP, Concept Wraps
TCARP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #47 (permalink)
Unlimited 4WD Racing

Member # 187290
Silver State 300 registrations

Got a call from Diane at Best In the Desert. Everyone you may have riding in the car during the race MUST sign the registration form and BiTD needs their name and signature listed as co-drivers on the registration form. A couple people have sent in the form with only one driver of record. BiTD needs to know who your co-drivers are before the race, it's too hard at onsite registration to update these lists. All driver's listed do need to pay the BiTD driver fee for the year, but they also get a BiTD gift If you have not filled out your form yet, or filled it out incorrectly, please re-submit the form with signatures and names on it.

Thanks!

Last edited by Ultra4; 04-08-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Ultra4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #48 (permalink)
"Racing for Access"

Member # 86691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra4 View Post
Got a call from Diane at Best In the Desert. Everyone you may have riding in the car during the race MUST sign the registration form and BiTD needs their name and signature listed as co-drivers on the registration form. A couple people have sent in the form with only one driver of record. BiTD needs to know who your co-drivers are before the race, it's too hard at onsite registration to update these lists. All driver's listed do need to pay the BiTD driver fee for the year, but they also get a BiTD gift If you have not filled out your form yet, or filled it out incorrectly, please re-submit the form with signatures and names on it.

Thanks!
What is the latest we can send in our registration and still get in on the starting order draw? I am waiting for my tax return so I can pay the entry fee. Or can we send the form and our membership dues now and pay the entry on site?
KOH and BITD Competitor #4405
FISHMOUTH FABWORKS
MASTER-PULL Recovery gear
Pacific Fab, Ruffstuff Specialties, Reid Racing, Team Tube, Raceline Wheels, Goodyear Tires, Yukon Gear, 4130 Clothing, Blue Torch Fab, Artec, Bulldog, PRP, Concept Wraps
TCARP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:46 PM   #49 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 82770
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCARP1 View Post
What is the latest we can send in our registration and still get in on the starting order draw? I am waiting for my tax return so I can pay the entry fee. Or can we send the form and our membership dues now and pay the entry on site?
You can just pay part of it I think, maybe 200$ or so?
Pac Springs
Dynomax
King Shocks
Spidertrax
Old 04-08-2011, 04:05 PM   #50 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 2870
Quote:
You can just pay part of it I think, maybe 200$ or so?
Ya, BITD only requires a deposit to get in the draw. I beleive it's $200.