Baja lite vrs trophy lite - Page 20 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Desert Racing
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 03:32 PM   #476 (permalink)

Member # 16333
Send a message via AIM to RedNeckRea Send a message via MSN to RedNeckRea
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_dude View Post
The MUD was the LINE. Which line did you take?

DO YOU NEED A SNOW FENCE TO TELL YOU WERE THE COURSE GOES? didnt think so. Do you need a snowfence to keep people back and help you make the right decision? didnt think so. If so, better not race in baja because the other 699 miles dont have it. You might get lost.
the allowable course is 50 ft on either side of centerline for SCORE events correct?

ASSuming that is true, basically anything under that bridge would be considered the "line" and there were hundreds (if not thousands) of spectators on course.
RedNeckRea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:42 AM   #477 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 11961
Was it part of the course? Absolutely!

Was it a bad decision by a veteran co-dog? Absolutely.

Did Sal have a choice to not DQ? Nope. His hands were tied by the press.

If I was the official winner, 2nd place, and would have won under those circumstances, I would hand over my winnings and the trophy. But that's just me.
Bigburlynakedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2011, 08:25 AM   #478 (permalink)
Chubby Chaser

Member # 7889
Send a message via AIM to Mustard Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigburlynakedguy View Post
Not just any veteran co-dog either, this is the clown that struts around on this site like he's the god of gods and anything to do with desert racing starts and ends with him
Hendrix XR Chassis #001

Ultra4 #66 4Wheel Parts, Raceline, PSC, Bilstein, Marlin Crawler, Smittybilt, HendriX, PacificFab, G2 Axle, PAC Spring, G&J, MAXXIS

Roxy's in the industry and I'm a sponsored professional driver. The two of us together make a powerhouse.

Accepting the things I cannot change.
Mustard Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:41 AM   #479 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard Dog View Post
Not just any veteran co-dog either, this is the clown that struts around on this site like he's the god of gods and anything to do with desert racing starts and ends with him

Even god makes mistakes. Bob Yen was supposed to be a successful abortion...

But seriously, the butt hurt from the donkeys over ramsey and the trophy lite guys over the Baja Lite is classic. Keep it up.

Last edited by FatCity; 12-07-2011 at 08:47 AM. Reason: speeling error
FatCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:39 AM   #480 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 11961
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCity View Post
Even god makes mistakes.
No I don't.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #481 (permalink)

Member # 16333
Quote:
Was it part of the course? Absolutely!

Did Sal have a choice to not DQ? Nope. His hands were tied by the press.
serious question here.

based on the fact that spectators were on course, didn't get out of the way when a racer was approaching them, and one ended up getting hit causing the dq of said racer...what's to stop a chain of fans for a certain racer to string along the course and prevent other racers from passing until their favored fan catches up/passes/pulls away at the next race?

seems to me the other drivers would have one of two choices...run over said string of fans (causing a DQ/insurance issues/legal problems) or go far enough off course to get around them(causing time penalty/DQ/???)
Old 12-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #482 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNeckRea View Post
serious question here.

based on the fact that spectators were on course, didn't get out of the way when a racer was approaching them, and one ended up getting hit causing the dq of said racer...what's to stop a chain of fans for a certain racer to string along the course and prevent other racers from passing until their favored fan catches up/passes/pulls away at the next race?

seems to me the other drivers would have one of two choices...run over said string of fans (causing a DQ/insurance issues/legal problems) or go far enough off course to get around them(causing time penalty/DQ/???)
Still a silly hypothetical...
Just nudge them out of the way. No one is going to commit suicide so that Vidasola takes the win.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #483 (permalink)

Member # 16333
Quote:
Still a silly hypothetical...
Just nudge them out of the way. No one is going to commit suicide so that Vidasola takes the win.
while I definitely agree its silly idea, I don't really see it as completely out of the question. I don't forsee someone willing to commit suicide, but would a tt/c1 driver going for the win really not let off seeing a crowd of a couple hundred people completely blocking the course?

And sure, a nudge aint a whole lot and would get 99% of the spectators out of the way. But how does Sal draw the line when it comes to contacting a spectator? If there is no ER visit required no DQ? No blood drawn no DQ?
Old 12-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #484 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 26468
Send a message via AIM to BigWoodyWag
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNeckRea View Post
while I definitely agree its silly idea, I don't really see it as completely out of the question. I don't forsee someone willing to commit suicide, but would a tt/c1 driver going for the win really not let off seeing a crowd of a couple hundred people completely blocking the course?

And sure, a nudge aint a whole lot and would get 99% of the spectators out of the way. But how does Sal draw the line when it comes to contacting a spectator? If there is no ER visit required no DQ? No blood drawn no DQ?
Chris, youtube "zoo road baja" and watch some vids. TT's and Class1's at full tilt through a goat trail of bodies just hopping around on-course drinking, throwing empties at the racers, etc....
Old 12-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #485 (permalink)
Chubby Chaser

Member # 7889
Send a message via AIM to Mustard Dog
Quote:
Even god makes mistakes.
Maybe this god will finally be humbled, kinda doubt it though.

Just keepin it alive man, happened to have my Donkey shirt on now must be whats fueling the positive vibes.
Hendrix XR Chassis #001

Ultra4 #66 4Wheel Parts, Raceline, PSC, Bilstein, Marlin Crawler, Smittybilt, HendriX, PacificFab, G2 Axle, PAC Spring, G&J, MAXXIS

Roxy's in the industry and I'm a sponsored professional driver. The two of us together make a powerhouse.

Accepting the things I cannot change.
Mustard Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #486 (permalink)

Member # 16333
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWoodyWag View Post
Chris, youtube "zoo road baja" and watch some vids. TT's and Class1's at full tilt through a goat trail of bodies just hopping around on-course drinking, throwing empties at the racers, etc....
oh I've seen those videos for far too long. Every time my heart skips a beat thinking someone is going to lose a life/appendage. That would probably be the most worrisome part of a b1k for me if I ever get the chance to race it.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #487 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 11961
In 09' driving the FatCity car through the San Felipe loop, I ran into about 15 boobie traps in about 10 miles. A well known old racer friend told me a long time ago that if there were fires and lots of people, get off the course and aim for their chairs and coolers. It works!
Old 12-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #488 (permalink)

Member # 188432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard Dog View Post
Maybe this god will finally be humbled, kinda doubt it though.

Just keepin it alive man, happened to have my Donkey shirt on now must be whats fueling the positive vibes.
No humbling at all. He blames it on the spectator.... kinda
Quote:
In 09' driving the FatCity car through the San Felipe loop, I ran into about 15 boobie traps in about 10 miles. A well known old racer friend told me a long time ago that if there were fires and lots of people, get off the course and aim for their chairs and coolers. It works!
I've heard this before, seen it done and shake my head that people who take it literally. You see people you slow down and stay on course... not endanger them and point your racer at them to "show them" what you think about their actions.
racer_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:06 PM   #489 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 21914
I've heard this before, seen it done and shake my head that people who take it literally. You see people you slow down and stay on course... not endanger them and point your racer at them to "show them" what you think about their actions.[/QUOTE]

I think I understand what you're trying to say in this politically correct society / racing environment we are in today.

But take in to consideration some people here and on RDC have been going to Baja and racing longer than you've been alive, and many good men and women have come and gone. They were from a period where if someone is going to build a booby trap to cause a crash, maybe injure or kill someone, then the guy loses his chair, beer, and all is fair. NO ONE is saying run anybody over, just take the good line around the crap he built which is usually where his lawn chair and cooler is.

Or, maybe you're just really the kind of new age, sensitive, emo, scene, we should always be careful because someone might be watching, what would my sponsor think, that looks like too much fun, 64 calorie beer drinking guy that Parnelli would punt, Mears would bitch slap, and Steve McQueen would shake his head at....

Just sayin....
www.desertraceschool.com
Racing Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:26 AM   #490 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 11961
^^^^ Reply of the year.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:10 AM   #491 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 2870
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_dude View Post
I've heard this before, seen it done and shake my head that people who take it literally. You see people you slow down and stay on course... not endanger them and point your racer at them to "show them" what you think about their actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racing ron View Post
I think i understand what you're trying to say in this politically correct society / racing environment we are in today.

But take in to consideration some people here and on rdc have been going to baja and racing longer than you've been alive, and many good men and women have come and gone. They were from a period where if someone is going to build a booby trap to cause a crash, maybe injure or kill someone, then the guy loses his chair, beer, and all is fair. No one is saying run anybody over, just take the good line around the crap he built which is usually where his lawn chair and cooler is.

Or, maybe you're just really the kind of new age, sensitive, emo, scene, we should always be careful because someone might be watching, what would my sponsor think, that looks like too much fun, 64 calorie beer drinking guy that parnelli would punt, mears would bitch slap, and steve mcqueen would shake his head at....

Just sayin....
ha!

Last edited by FatCity; 12-09-2011 at 10:12 AM.
FatCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #492 (permalink)

Member # 187697
Went over this whole thread...

Man i don't think i would ever consider one of Pete's trucks.

The dude is full of fucking hate and just can't keep his fingers off the keyboard and let his product speak for itself.

Instead of just answering questions he constantly pisses on the competitors.

the trophylites look REALLY nice... Seems like they would be fun too!
jimmysc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:23 PM   #493 (permalink)
BRB

Member # 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysc13 View Post
Went over this whole thread...

Man i don't think i would ever consider one of Pete's trucks.

The dude is full of fucking hate and just can't keep his fingers off the keyboard and let his product speak for itself.

Instead of just answering questions he constantly pisses on the competitors.

the trophylites look REALLY nice... Seems like they would be fun too!
its nice to finally hear someones biased opinion on the two rigs..
Old 12-10-2011, 01:17 AM   #494 (permalink)

Member # 187697
Biased??

In how many ever pages this thread is there is one link a bl website or info page. Just the builder pissing on his competitors.

When some one spends that much time and effort pissing on a competitor I don't want to do business with that person.
jimmysc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #495 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 87095
Quote:
Biased??

In how many ever pages this thread is there is one link a bl website or info page. Just the builder pissing on his competitors.

When some one spends that much time and effort pissing on a competitor I don't want to do business with that person.
think of it this way.....if you want to race the biggest race there is, the BAJA 1000, which truck do you want to be driving??? 4 trophylites at this years 1000, ALL DNF.... BAJALITE all the way without a wrench put to it, even same 4 tires, 21 hours or so......the bajalite also finished EVERY mile of every SCORE race this year.....
Old 12-10-2011, 07:50 AM   #496 (permalink)

Member # 89869
I look forward for next year Baja 1000 with Bajalite........
Old 12-10-2011, 07:51 AM   #497 (permalink)

Member # 77178
Quote:
Biased??

PP is definitely not a "salesman", even for his own product. So you are left with:

Do you want to buy a truck BECAUSE of the company owner or other truck owners and have a high chance to LOSE or buy a truck INSPITE of the company owner or other truck owners and WIN?
JustaWelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:00 PM   #498 (permalink)

Member # 80664
This vid does a good job of explaining what you get when you buy a TrophyLite:
http://youtu.be/6WfFCIIsHV4
Old 12-11-2011, 10:35 PM   #499 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 3196
It is hard to dispute the BL finish record, though.

Pete,

What races will the BL be available to rent and how much? Texas, BITD, etc?

Rob
UTV #1999

MJ Motorsports
yield2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #500 (permalink)

Member # 188432
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaWelder View Post
PP is definitely not a "salesman", even for his own product. So you are left with:

Do you want to buy a truck BECAUSE of the company owner or other truck owners and have a high chance to LOSE or buy a truck INSPITE of the company owner or other truck owners and WIN?
I love how you "automatically win" with a Baja Lite.

Our TrophyLite went 1062 miles last year at the 1000 with no problems without a wrench or tires, and the 2nd place truck was also a TrophyLite.. The BL didnt make it, and the Mason didnt make it. It happens.

This year at the Midnight special the Mason and TL's beat the BL when the heavy hitters showed up to race. The Mason overcoming a 7 minute deficit to win.

Last edited by racer_dude; 12-12-2011 at 08:54 AM.
racer_dude is offline   Reply With Quote