Baja Pits Silver State 300 Pit Support Info - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Desert Racing
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 06:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 20304
Send a message via AIM to BarrelRoll
Baja Pits Silver State 300 Pit Support Info

Baja Pits will be offering 3 pits at the Silver State 300. We offer full service pits including dumping fuel, tire changes, mechanical repair, and welding. Out pits are well staffed and well stocked with lucas oils, hand and power tools, shade for your chase crews, and serve up some good food if you happen to be in around meal time.

Pit numbers will be announced tomorow, I don't want to give out the wrong info.

Costs:
Baja pits membership is required and is $50 and good for 1 year

3 Full service pits $150

1 Pit $75

Emergency Service Only $50, this includes emergency service only, pull in we'll fix you, we don't transport your spares

How it works:

Sign up ahead of time (we will take cash sign ups on race day though it is highly discourged and signing up ahead of time helps our planning), drop off any fuel in dump cans and spare tires at contigency. On race day pull into our pit, get fuel and any repairs and continue on your way. The day after the race pick up your spares and dump cans.

To sign up Call Baja Pits/ US Wheels at 619-596-8033 and ask for Mary.

For questions feel free to ask them here, pm me, e-mail is andystoneplowing@hotmail.com or my cell is 775 296 2435
Old 03-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 20304
We will be at pits 2, 4, 5. We head out to the pits the night before and get set up ahead of time. If you drop off fuel/ tires they will be there, no worries about a chase truck getting stuck or lost.

Here's a pic of the Baja Pits Pit E at the mint. The pits should look similar at the silver state.

Old 04-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 20304
Here's the sign up form

http://www.nextlevelwebsites.com/silverstate300.html
Old 04-12-2011, 08:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 20304
So far we have 4 ultra 4's, a sportsman truck from Canada (rocky maybe?), a class 1 car, and which ever general tires rigs are running have the option of using Baja Pits. Keep the sign ups coming. Also we will accept sign ups at contingency if you aren't sure if you are going to make it or decide you need a little support at the last minuet.

I should be the pit captain at pit 4 Casselton. I'll be scoping out my pit the weekend before and marking some territory. From what I hear it's extremely small and no room to turn around a trailer.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 29513
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrelRoll View Post
From what I hear it's extremely small and no room to turn around a trailer.
Try no room for a Geo metro. it's a damn small pit area.
miniwally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
DSI
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 920
Send a message via Yahoo to DSI
I'll be included in the mix with my General Tires
Old 04-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 11961
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniwally View Post
Try no room for a Geo metro. it's a damn small pit area.
Are you kidding? They can easily service 3-5 cars at one time in that pit. You should see the Midway pit in Parker. You get the width of a tailgate and usually have to share that with a few teams.
Bigburlynakedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 144854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigburlynakedguy View Post
Are you kidding? They can easily service 3-5 cars at one time in that pit. You should see the Midway pit in Parker. You get the width of a tailgate and usually have to share that with a few teams.
I pitted cars at both pits and in my opinion Midway is way bigger than Caselton. The good thing is crews come & go as their cars come thru. I don't condone the cutting of trees but lets just say "I'd carry carry some kind of hatchet during this race"....better safe than sorry, lotta' trees.

Last edited by HI_DEZ_DAVE; 04-12-2011 at 11:31 AM.
HI_DEZ_DAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 29513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigburlynakedguy View Post
The entire pit might be able to handle three to five cars yes. To me that's a damn small pit area. What we noticed last year was that there seemed to be a lot of locals out there watching as well.

This was just from the race car since we weren't using that pit anyway. You have seen way more than I have but compared to most of the BITD pit areas this is a little pit.
miniwally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 20304
Quote:
Originally Posted by HI_DEZ_DAVE View Post
I pitted cars at both pits and in my opinion Midway is way bigger than Caselton. The good thing is crews come & go as their cars come thru. I don't condone the cutting of trees but lets just say "I'd carry carry some kind of hatchet during this race"....better safe than sorry, lotta' trees.
Thanks for the info Dave. I'll throw in the dry wall saw, I used it all the time when I lived in the midwest cutting tree parts out of trail rigs.

I'm bringing the Baja pits short bus along with 4 of my high school shop students to help in the pits.

If your signed up for baja pits service and your chase crew makes it to a Baja pit you are welcome to use our pit area/ pit next to us. Just check in the with pit captain when you arive. Every pit should have a couple jacks, impacts, tools, lucas oils, and "emergency repair supplies" (duct tape, bailing wire, and zip ties) out and ready to go. Along with a generator ready to fire up, ez ups for shape
, and lights at night.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 16790
This is a great service guys, makes race logistics from Canada a hell of a lot easier. Now I can spend more time race prepping the race prepped truck we bought. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 20304
Drop off for fuel/ tires will be at contigency Friday till 3pm. We will accept sign ups at contigency as well, cash only.

If you are using baja pits and your chase crew will be at the pit as well they are welcome to help/ do your pit or inspect the car. Check in with the pit captain, let him know who you are/ what help you need, just ask for the pit captain. If you know you have a problem with your car radio us ahead of time (i'm not sure how good radio coverage will be) so we can be ready when you get there or check something that might be a problem. If you have something that requires a specialty tool or an odd/ big size socket/ wrench I reccomend you carry it on your car. Our pits are well equipped but we can't possibly have every tool for every car.

I'll be at pit 4 and marked some real estate this past weekend. It's going to be tight. See every one at the race. Stop by the baja pits booth at contigency and say hi and pick up a sticker for your car.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 16790
Thanks for the great service guys, truly professional and a class act. See you at V2R. You made our first race easy. I have about a half dozen vendors who suck ass in a major league fashion so I know good value/service when I see it, maybe you guys might want to venture into a customer service consulting venue as another business, I'd send some more business your way!
Thanks Again,
1825 CG Motorsports