catheter tech?/ stories - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Desert Racing
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 24501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
I heard one where driver and co-dawg were wizzing at a pit and new guy trying to save the day dove under the truck tying to figure out where the leak was coming from. He figured it out...lol
That's happened to me personally more than once. One time was in Pahrump at contingency. It was an impound race, and tech took like 5 hours. (This was also the race where I yelled profanities at to Baldwin for cutting in line and then bitch slapped Mark Post for yelling at ME for letting Baldwin cut, even though he was two trucks in front of me.)

I actually missed the driver's meeting at the RV park because I was still with the truck in tech. I'm in a wheelchair, so I had experience with external caths anyways. I put it on because I knew it was going to be a long one and I can't get out of the truck by myself to run to the bathroom. Having the little soft cooler they give you full of beer in the passenger seat didn't help things, and in hindsight was probably my biggest mistake.

We had a few drainage holes in the floor, so the piss came out under the middle of the truck. I had already waved off a few people who saw a puddle, but I missed one guy who got down on his hands and knees and actually stuck his fingers in it to sniff it. He was less than thrilled when he figured it out.

The other time was at Parker in staging on the surface streets. This time it was TWO guys because there was two puddles.

Then there was the time my brother jumped out to fix something while we were leading and he stepped on the tube and it SNAPPED back. He was out of commission for a good 3 or 4 minutes.

ME: "Hurry up! Hurry up!"
HIM: "Fuck you, asshole!"

We took to wearing them all three days at the big races because it was just too far to run into the Suncoast or Terrible's or whatever to take a piss.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 49159
Quote:
Originally Posted by howyadoin View Post
If catheters are a big concern for you, you may need to try a smaller size. I've always run whatever the fawk PCI sells and have never had anything resembling an issue personally...one of those things I try to not put too much thought into. .02
I don't pretend to swing low enough to bruised my knees by any means> I can how ever wear out one side of any woman like no ones business. Ask your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrenuf View Post
catheter tech... :shudder: I understand now why I never grew up to be a race driver.
So much cooler than you think. Holding it fawking HURTS! Every pebble feels like a jab to your kidneys. I drive a 7SX pogo stick.

Some of my classier friends have worn them into the bar later that night to save trips to the restroom. (or so they say)
Old 05-25-2011, 03:04 PM   #28 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 84132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
Ask your mom
All my friends tell me that can't even come close to touching the sides!?!?!?
www.geiserbros.com
www.campbellent.com
AEI Motorsports
howyadoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 5639
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoyrtt View Post
Call the number on Hartman's link. They will send you free samples.
So I did this and they said they are sending them but I had to explain my "problem" and "symptoms" of why I needed a catheter. Even want a Dr.'s Name and diagnosis including have someone call me back for "fitment" and assistance. It was a 10-15 minute process of which I felt like saying just send the stupid things or tell me where I can buy them at. So I won't get them in time for any upcoming races but I'll mention they should market them for racing application and see what they say.

Experience is what you get 30 seconds after you need it

Just Add Lightness
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 28878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
So I did this and they said they are sending them but I had to explain my "problem" and "symptoms" of why I needed a catheter. Even want a Dr.'s Name and diagnosis including have someone call me back for "fitment" and assistance. It was a 10-15 minute process of which I felt like saying just send the stupid things or tell me where I can buy them at. So I won't get them in time for any upcoming races but I'll mention they should market them for racing application and see what they say.
I called and told the "brother" the truth. He started to read me his pre-screened speech and I told him it was for racing. He said they get calls from truck drivers who don't want to stop to pee, but this was a new one. They are covered by most insurance plans, but if you want to buy one, they were less than $12 each. told me my free samples would be in CA in 3 to 5 days.
shoyrtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:39 PM   #31 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 5639
ah well crap. I thought about it but wasn't sure if they would hang up or not. So I said I have a weak bladder and cant hold it on certain 2-3 hour road trips. I told them I heard about on Pirate. .
Old 05-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 159253
I agree ,jasons pee tube is the best ,had no problems all day .
BRYAN4454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:39 PM   #33 (permalink)

Member # 28878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
ah well crap. I thought about it but wasn't sure if they would hang up or not. So I said I have a weak bladder and cant hold it on certain 2-3 hour road trips. I told them I heard about on Pirate. .
FYI: My free samples arrived in the mail over the weekend. Pretty big box with four (4) samples and a dvd. Hopefully "Nurse Nancy" is on the dvd showing proper application techniques.
shoyrtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #34 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 28242
Quote:
Originally Posted by CE View Post
ALL OF THE CATHETERS I HAVE WORN HAVE BEEN JUST A WASTE OF MONEY!!! BUT THEN http://racecatheter.com/ CAME ALONG AND THEY TOOK THE TIME TO ACTUALLY MAKE A GOOD THING BETTER THE HOSE IS NOT SURGICAL TUBING IT A HARDER RUBBER HOSE SO NOT TO KINK WHICH LEADS TO BLOW OFFS, AND THE CODOM ACTUALLY HAS A BETTER GLUE IN IT TO HOLD IT ON THE FIRST TIME. TALK TO SOME OF THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE USED THEM THEY WILL TELL YOU HOW MUCH BETTER THEY ARE OR JUST GIVE THEM A CALL AND TRY IT THE ONLY THING THAT YOU HAVE TO LOSE IS A WET SEAT!!!

This, I ran one at SS300. The worst part was taking it off, but it wasn't so bad I wouldn't run it again.
rkjplt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 86890
Lmao best thread ever...
Old 06-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 161331
Theres only one problem with the Racecatheter. Leaving your adhesive removal pads and stuff in Ensanada and getting out of the car in BOLA then heading for La Paz........... After some tugging I left it on for another day till I could get a nice warm shower and soak it off.........
bdkw1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:01 AM   #37 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 11961
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoyrtt View Post
I called and told the "brother" the truth. He started to read me his pre-screened speech and I told him it was for racing. He said they get calls from truck drivers who don't want to stop to pee, but this was a new one. They are covered by most insurance plans, but if you want to buy one, they were less than $12 each. told me my free samples would be in CA in 3 to 5 days.

Same here, he started asking all kinds of questions and I told him that I use them for racing. He did try to get my Doctor to approve them for insurance but my Doc said no. They sent me 12 'samples.'
Bigburlynakedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:01 PM   #38 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 5639
they called back and were a little annoyed when I said using them for racing.

Them: "You should have bought them"
Me: " I tried to purchase them outright but they lady kept asking about my condition, doctors approval, name, etc and wouldn't just sell them to me."
Them: "Oh well we are looking to add an option just to purchase for non precription uses. "

Experience is what you get 30 seconds after you need it

Just Add Lightness