What leaf spring lift do you guys have on Dodges? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Dodge
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2001, 09:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 7596
What leaf spring lift do you guys have on Dodges?

Ok guys, I use my Dodge as a tow rig (flat tow) and daily driver. However, I have this disease that makes me screw with whatever I drive, so I'm thinking a lift and some 35's. It's a '91 W-200 with D60's front & rear. I have seen lifts lifted for Heavy Duty, and non HD for this year, and while it is a gas truck, and it seems to sit higher than the 1/2's I've seen of same year, I don't know what the lift manufacuters list as a HD. Any recommondations on lifts, or possibly the pro's and cons of a shackle flip? It seems to have a fairly large block in the rear already, so I know I'll need complete new spring packs for the rear. I would appreciate all comments, insights, and the occasional newbie joke
DR
Daren Rabago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 11:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 2645
Hey newbie I think you should leave your dodge alone and get that Samarai finished, and then get it up to me to get some tube work done.

This is Trevor from S&N Fab btw..
Old 12-29-2001, 08:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 87
Send a message via AIM to GRMhick
I think the best way to get it to ride better, is to get some custom made 2+" lift springs by alcan or national spring. Then add air bags in the rear to help ya tow. Now I think that is the best setup, but it will also cost ya, and also get rid of the blocks. BUt i wouldnt do a flip with a tow rig because from what i have looked into, your style shackle will actually hold more weight. Anyway.. hope I gave ya some ideas. Garrett
GRMhick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 09:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 7596
Hey Neckster (Trevor) how ya doin'? The Mighty Samurai will be moving again soon. It's out of the weeds at Randy's, and I just dumped off my tires there. That means they'll get it done just to get it out of the way. Once that's done, I'll probably be calling you guys up. Because as you know, Samurai's never, ever roll......

Anyways, PW, thanks for the idea of the Alcans or Nationals, but what about the existing packs like Skyjacker? Is a custom pack really that much better? Thanks for the info,
DR
Daren Rabago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 07:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 1650
as much as i hate the idea, i'm keeping my p.o.s. dodge on the crappy leaning stock springs just for the fact that it tows...it's really the most economical idea, but if i were to lift it, i'd go with alcans too. don't know how skyjacker's are on dodge's, but i loved them on my toyota.
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid sideways in a cloud of dust, flopping into the hole totally worn out, shouting ..."holy shit...what a ride!"
nuclearlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 12:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 2515
Skyjackers

I'm running 6" front, and 4" rear skyjackers with airbags in the rear for the camper. I love the ride, and the 6/4 combo leveled the truck. The rear bags are firestones from summit, and I had to make some spacers out of 2" square tube to compensate for the lift. As for shocks, 9012's rear and 9010's front sweeten the ride. I also did a crossover steering for the d60, which I also recommend. I just ran this setup to the tip of Baja and back, and it worked very well. My .02.........Damn it's cold up here!
Baja Binder is offline   Reply With Quote