SAS questions - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Dodge
Notices

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2011, 11:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Member # 186646
Posts: 6
SAS questions

Im getting ready to start a sas on my 09 ram. Im going to pick up a set of 9.25 and 10.5 AAM axles out of a 2004 2500. Since I already have a 4 link out back Ill be keeping it and doing a 4 link up front to match. That being said, I have a couple questions that the search button failed to answer for me. Id like to run air bags on all four corners for a couple of different reasons. I want the truck to be like ce2flaco's truck as far as wheel travel, but its used on the farm so i also need it to tow. I'm having trouble finding airbags with more than 10"s of travel. From what I've read, the triple convolute airbags will bow out in the center if they arent mounted straight which makes me wonder how they would do trying to crawl over something.

This brings me to my questions. How would a cantilever air suspension do holding some weight?I would think with beefy enough parts it wouldnt have an issue. I figured with a rolling sleeve airbag that can hold 5000lbs with 10" of travel using a 2:1 arm should give me 20" of travel. I've also read that you need to run a coil with a higher spring rate when using this type of setup. So even if the bags' lifting power was still cut in half I would have 2500lbs of lifting power per corner which is more than enough for a 5000lb truck.

I know if Im able to get 20"s of travel Ill never be able to use it without a triangulated 4 link, but how do they do when your towing? Will i be able to run a triangulated 4 link up front without a panhard bar and run 70mph? I plan on using swaybars both front and rear with detachable links.




Sorry for the novel,thanks in advance.
TaderzNgravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member # 39108
Location: Colorado
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaderzNgravy View Post
Im getting ready to start a sas on my 09 ram. Im going to pick up a set of 9.25 and 10.5 AAM axles out of a 2004 2500. Since I already have a 4 link out back Ill be keeping it and doing a 4 link up front to match. That being said, I have a couple questions that the search button failed to answer for me. Id like to run air bags on all four corners for a couple of different reasons. I want the truck to be like ce2flaco's truck as far as wheel travel, but its used on the farm so i also need it to tow. I'm having trouble finding airbags with more than 10"s of travel. From what I've read, the triple convolute airbags will bow out in the center if they arent mounted straight which makes me wonder how they would do trying to crawl over something.
They'll do great, just remember that if you use a cigarette lighter pump to keep them filled you may need to upgrade with a cell phone converter triple plug and make sure you mount the flux capaciter high enough incase you rollover


Quote:
Originally Posted by TaderzNgravy View Post
This brings me to my questions. How would a cantilever air suspension do holding some weight?I would think with beefy enough parts it wouldnt have an issue.
Beefy eh... with the name taters and gravy and all this talk of beef I'm getting hungry for some good ol' diner food... and I thought you were keeping the factory 4 link in the rear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaderzNgravy View Post
I figured with a rolling sleeve airbag that can hold 5000lbs with 10" of travel using a 2:1 arm should give me 20" of travel. I've also read that you need to run a coil with a higher spring rate when using this type of setup. So even if the bags' lifting power was still cut in half I would have 2500lbs of lifting power per corner which is more than enough for a 5000lb truck.
perhaps my intelligence is as lacking as the reality of this build, but what the hell is a 2:1 arm? Is that like using steroids without having a working wanker?

Good luck on the cantilever air bags. I'm sure those will fit really nicely under there. But hey, we can all be cool on the internet. It only takes a few special few to be this cool in real life... What the hell are you talking about coils for? I thought you wanted air bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaderzNgravy View Post
I know if Im able to get 20"s of travel Ill never be able to use it without a triangulated 4 link, but how do they do when your towing? Will i be able to run a triangulated 4 link up front without a panhard bar and run 70mph? I plan on using swaybars both front and rear with detachable links.
Really, 20" of travel is impossible without a triangulated 4 link? I'm pretty sure you need to give your parents back their subscription to 4wheeler. This makes as much sense as your cantilever airbags....

And no dumbass... If you are going to run a triangulated 4 link you wouldn't have a panhard bar. That is the point of the triangulation you ass. And what the hell.... detachable links. Make sure you use chromoly because you've used all the other "cool" words to make us want to friend you on facebook....

Now go away and quit clogging up cool user names online...
__________________
nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementia fuit

Last edited by evilram; 03-28-2011 at 03:13 PM.
evilram is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2011, 04:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Member # 186646
Posts: 6
Alright lets see if I can explain this you simple fuck.

1. I already have onboard air.

2. I wanted to make sure the rod that goes from the axle to the pivoting arm doesnt bend extra weight on the back.

3. I want to keep a 4 link setup, Im not putting leaf springs in.

4. A pivoting arm with a 2:1 ratio would mean for every inch the airbag extended the axle would drop 2 inches. The colon or this : between the 2 and the 1 is used as the sign for a ratio in math, but I guess you wouldnt have learned that since you probably dropped out of your little cousin fucking hick school after the third grade.

5. Im sure I wouldnt have an issue fitting anything under the bed since I dont need a factory spare if I'm running 38" tires.

6. I was simply using coil springs as an example for spring rate since most people run coilovers with this setup. Its ok though, after reading your post I didnt expect you to follow along.

7. Im not building a fucking prerunner. I doubt you can have 20" of travel on a standard 4 link and not have it bind when you articulate over something.

8. A detachable sway bar link comes stock on the powerwagons you stupid fuck. There are also a decent amount of jeeps using them. I want to use them so I utilize the amount of travel I would have but also be able to turn and tow a trailer without a retarded amout of body roll.

Sorry I clogged my post with my "cool words". Now go back to drinking budwieser and jacking off to nascar you hillbilly douche bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilram View Post
They'll do great, just remember that if you use a cigarette lighter pump to keep them filled you may need to upgrade with a cell phone converter triple plug and make sure you mount the flux capaciter high enough incase you rollover


Beefy eh... with the name taters and gravy and all this talk of beef I'm getting hungry for some good ol' diner food... and I thought you were keeping the factory 4 link in the rear...



perhaps my intelligence is as lacking as the reality of this build, but what the hell is a 2:1 arm? Is that like using steroids without having a working wanker?

Good luck on the cantilever air bags. I'm sure those will fit really nicely under there. But hey, we can all be cool on the internet. It only takes a few special few to be this cool in real life... What the hell are you talking about coils for? I thought you wanted air bags...



Really, 20" of travel is impossible without a triangulated 4 link? I'm pretty sure you need to give your parents back their subscription to 4wheeler. This makes as much sense as your cantilever airbags....

And no dumbass... If you are going to run a triangulated 4 link you wouldn't have a panhard bar. That is the point of the triangulation you ass. And what the hell.... detachable links. Make sure you use chromoly because you've used all the other "cool" words to make us want to friend you on facebook....

Now go away and quit clogging up cool user names online...
TaderzNgravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Member # 17632
Location: West Sacramento, CA
Posts: 5,893
I have nothing factual to add other than to say I fully understood what you were getting at in your first post. I know dick about cantilever suspension, but it seems like a nice way to package a long travel set-up. Some of these guys in here fly off the handle about stupid shit, so don't get your panties in a bunch. When you build this thing, post up a build thread, I'd like to see it.
Travis..
__________________
83 CJ-7 w/'93 4.0L engine, otherwise stock...SOLD!
91.5 Dodge 6BT 5 spd tow rig
crashnzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Member # 101519
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 183
You want to do this to on 09 1500? new body style?

First i would sell it and start with a Dodge that has 9.25 front and 11.5 rear.
gear options suck for the 10.5 because they stop at 4.56

But to help a little...

I have a 2007 megacab I want to airbag the rear of mine and keep the leaf springs. I already have 6" Atlas springs and longer shackles but the springs sagged and now do not lift it high enough to sit level with the front.

Instead of re-inventing the wheel and trying to find a bag that may work. i am going to use the same that the kelderman kit uses. they have done the research for me.

http://www.keldermanairride.com/lift...ct=03DDGLIFT10

http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index....oducts_id=8429
http://www.keldermanairride.com/pdf/11614.PDF


Sundevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member # 39108
Location: Colorado
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaderzNgravy View Post
Alright lets see if I can explain this you simple fuck.
1. I already have onboard air.
I am not a simple fuck. I like it in weird ways too some times... And neat, onboard air is a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaderzNgravy View Post
2. I wanted to make sure the rod that goes from the axle to the pivoting arm doesnt bend extra weight on the back.
3. I want to keep a 4 link setup, Im not putting leaf springs in.
axle to the pivoting arm? NOw what are you talking about. And what the hell does leaf springs have to do with anything. I never said to do that either douche bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaderzNgravy View Post
4. A pivoting arm with a 2:1 ratio would mean for every inch the airbag extended the axle would drop 2 inches. The colon or this : between the 2 and the 1 is used as the sign for a ratio in math, but I guess you wouldnt have learned that since you probably dropped out of your little cousin fucking hick school after the third grade.
wow... you're uber smart. I bet you done learned what the ":" was when you graduating cousin fuckin school. Why graduate that kind of school? You run out of cousins or your mom get jealous? I want to see this pivoting arm in function. I call bull shit that you even know what the fuck you're talking about. It seems like you are talking a revolver shackle design and I'm sure that'll work well.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaderzNgravy View Post
5. Im sure I wouldnt have an issue fitting anything under the bed since I dont need a factory spare if I'm running 38" tires.

6. I was simply using coil springs as an example for spring rate since most people run coilovers with this setup. Its ok though, after reading your post I didnt expect you to follow along.
You read my post?? Wow, can we be BFFs on myspace now? I didn't expect you to read it as I figured your internet usage had been curbed by your parents and you wouldn't be allowed to post again. But since you had let me explain something asshat. Coils are very different than coilovers. Airbags are very different than coils. Comparing the two is like saying Angelina Jolie & a 700lb woman are the same simply because they both have vag's.... You are a dumb fuck, and yes, I'll fight you over it, and I'm tough in real life, and whatever else you'll come back at me for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaderzNgravy View Post
7. Im not building a fucking prerunner. I doubt you can have 20" of travel on a standard 4 link and not have it bind when you articulate over something.
I don't doubt your not building a prerunner. Hell, I never stated you were. But if you are building a farm truck/tow rig then you probably wouldn't ever use 20" of travel. And oh wise OP, do you even have a fucking clue how wheel travel is actually measured?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaderzNgravy View Post
8. A detachable sway bar link comes stock on the powerwagons you stupid fuck. There are also a decent amount of jeeps using them. I want to use them so I utilize the amount of travel I would have but also be able to turn and tow a trailer without a retarded amout of body roll.
Wow, I didn't know that. I'm so glad you informed me of it... You do realize you are a retard right? I mean hell, if you want the axles out of a 3/4 ton and the detachable sway bar links out of a Powerwagon why the hell did you buy a 1/2 ton IFS piece? You prove two theories here: Either you are completely ignorant and a waste of the air you breath. Or two: You are not only the proof of number one, but also a giant piece of number two....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaderzNgravy View Post
Sorry I clogged my post with my "cool words". Now go back to drinking budwieser and jacking off to nascar you hillbilly douche bag.
I only wish I was that cool. Nascar scares me and the parole office doesn't let me drink beer because I dropped out of hillbilly cousin fuck high school....
__________________
nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementia fuit
evilram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member # 39108
Location: Colorado
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnzuk View Post
Some of these guys in here fly off the handle about stupid shit, so don't get your panties in a bunch. When you build this thing, post up a build thread, I'd like to see it.
Travis..
I flew off no handle... I merely stated the obvious that all 60 people who viewed the post previously did not. This thread is worthless and I only prove my own lack of inteligence by posting on it. And by the way, don't talk about my panties. My cousin gave them to me fair and square

and i'll absolutely eat crow if this guy can even prove he not only owns a truck, but actually has plans to work on it.
__________________
nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementia fuit

Last edited by evilram; 03-29-2011 at 09:00 AM.
evilram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Granite Guru
 
CowboyKyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member # 40312
Location: Gonzales, TX/ Puyallup, WA
Posts: 828
I also understood perfectly what he wanted to -- in the first post.

But I think air bags being the primary spring on a work truck that sees off-road is a terrible idea.
__________________
2003/Ram1350/5.7L/545RF/D60/Spartan/S10.5/Detroit/5.13
2006/F250/6.8L/ZFS6-650/D60/S10.5/LSD/4.10
CowboyKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Wheeler
 
durcrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member # 84738
Location: NorCal
Posts: 367
It seem's you want to build a linked 2500 out of a 1500, so why not just trade in the 09 for a 2500, then start from there. I think it'll save you one hell of a headache. Oh, and let's see this truck, as I too am calling bs that your about to cut up a brand new truck.
__________________
'98 Durango: 60/44, not done pos
'91 Suburban: DD, 350/4L80
durcrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member # 39108
Location: Colorado
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyKyle View Post
I also understood perfectly what he wanted to -- in the first post.

But I think air bags being the primary spring on a work truck that sees off-road is a terrible idea.
nobody cares if you understood in the first post. I also understood what the OP was saying, but calling BS on all of it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by durcrim View Post
It seem's you want to build a linked 2500 out of a 1500, so why not just trade in the 09 for a 2500, then start from there. I think it'll save you one hell of a headache. Oh, and let's see this truck, as I too am calling bs that your about to cut up a brand new truck.
This thing is about as real as time I started dating Jennifer Anniston....
__________________
nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementia fuit
evilram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Member # 186646
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by durcrim View Post
It seem's you want to build a linked 2500 out of a 1500, so why not just trade in the 09 for a 2500, then start from there. I think it'll save you one hell of a headache. Oh, and let's see this truck, as I too am calling bs that your about to cut up a brand new truck.
The day i brought it home, Feb 09.


At groundforce for the prototype 2/3" lowering kit


The groundforce kit rode like shit and I couldnt hold any weight in the bed so I decided to level it and put on some 33x13.50 nittos.


Decided that the tires looked kind of tiny so I ordered a set of 1/2" wheel spacers from a place in ca. Stock wheels 37x13.50 Toyo MTs. This is sitting next to my buddy's ram. It has a custom 5/6 drop and its been converted from 4wd to awd.




Over this past winter we custom built a twin turbo kit for it. Its making just over 500 awhp/tq at 8psi and the tune still needs some tweaking.

To be honest after looking at everything and the money thats going to be spent, I think im going to put a turbo on my truck instead.


Evilram, have fun sucking your husbands cock.
TaderzNgravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member # 39108
Location: Colorado
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaderzNgravy View Post
[IMG] http://i184.photobucket.com/alDecided that the tires looked kind of tiny so I ordered a set of 1/2" wheel spacers from a place in ca. Stock wheels 37x13.50 Toyo MTs. This is sitting next to my buddy's ram. It has a custom 5/6 drop and its been converted from 4wd to awd.
The dodge looks pretty cool. I'll eat some crow pie on that regards. Your truck apparently is real. So, I'll man up and stand corrected.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TaderzNgravy View Post
[IMG]

Over this past winter we custom built a twin turbo kit for it. Its making just over 500 awhp/tq at 8psi and the tune still needs some tweaking.
I'm calling BS until I see the money shot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaderzNgravy View Post
To be honest after looking at everything and the money thats going to be spent, I think im going to put a turbo on my truck instead.
Evilram, have fun sucking your husbands cock.
What??? Have I run you off? Damn, that wasn't my intent...

and yes, I'll love me some whaener....
__________________
nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementia fuit

Last edited by evilram; 03-29-2011 at 01:24 PM.
evilram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Member # 115408
Location: Concrete jungle
Posts: 143
Evilram talks a lot of shit for a guy who's only mod is a steering kit he bought from Ballistic..and managed to get his ass flamed for fucking up the install on it. Why dont you go crawl back in your hole dickhead your not a fabricator and your fucking insults suck..not even slightly entertaining. You have a fucking 8 page thread about why you think you can install gigantic fucking tires on your piece of shit and a wish list a mile fucking long of stuff you hope to own one day.
__________________
..Late to start, early to finish.

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. (1 Timothy 4:7)
CrzyWhtBy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member # 39108
Location: Colorado
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyWhtBy View Post
Why dont you go crawl back in your hole dickhead your not a fabricator and your fucking insults suck..not even slightly entertaining.
I know I'm not a fabricator ass job, never did I say I was. I also didn't know I had applied for comedian when I signed up on pirate. Hmm.. I thought this was about trucks? Fuck, I guess I got that wrong too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyWhtBy View Post
You have a fucking 8 page thread about why you think you can install gigantic fucking tires on your piece of shit and a wish list a mile fucking long of stuff you hope to own one day.
YOu are correct there too. 8 pages long, nothing but shit talk and gigantic tires. But, I didn't know there was a wish list on there. I must have missed the post where I mentioned my twin shackled triple tcased Monster truck... Damn, you got me there...

And CrzyWhtBy.... Why don't you go back and read my post where I admitted I was wrong on this guys deal. I even, shocker, COMPLIMENTED his truck. You sir are a fucking retard....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyWhtBy View Post
Evilram talks a lot of shit for a guy who's only mod is a steering kit he bought from Ballistic..and managed to get his ass flamed for fucking up the install on it.
And I didn't realize I fucked up the install on the ballistic kit. The "flaming" you speak of was the lack of lock washers and the bolts being in "wrong". As mentioned, nothing was finalized....

mighty strong words for a guy who has a Bible verse as his signature. Why don't you read the fucking book you pulled that from. Perhaps you'll realize you are one of the reasons people generally know Christians are fucking hypocrites.
__________________
nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementia fuit
evilram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Member # 115408
Location: Concrete jungle
Posts: 143
Not even going to start a religious debate with you ...

You chime in on every thread with your bullshit, while you are insistant that this forum stay hardcore you bring absolutly zero tech to the table. Either build something or shut the fuck up.
__________________
..Late to start, early to finish.

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. (1 Timothy 4:7)
CrzyWhtBy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member # 39108
Location: Colorado
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyWhtBy View Post
Not even going to start a religious debate with you ...

You chime in on every thread with your bullshit, while you are insistant that this forum stay hardcore you bring absolutly zero tech to the table. Either build something or shut the fuck up.
There is actually quite a bit of "mods" on my truck. Ironically, I enjoy modifying or "fabricating" something without it being obvious. I didn't build this truck or any other truck to make it look cool or to catch someones eye.

Oh, a debate must bring slight knowledge from both sides. I imagine in looking at some of your previous posts that it would be one sided.... but yes, not the place I suppose...

And you are slightly correct on the bullshit. I talk a ton of shit and not enough tech. I will admit where I'm wrong on that. Perhaps this is a way to take frustration out on poor innocent posters and internet people.

But.... Sometimes talking shit is the only thing that keeps this forum active.

I suppose I'll leave this thread alone. I think the OP has a cool truck, flamed him inacurately perhaps and apparently am a useless no talent asshole hack...

__________________
nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementia fuit
evilram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Member # 115408
Location: Concrete jungle
Posts: 143
E hug lets be friends
__________________
..Late to start, early to finish.

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. (1 Timothy 4:7)
CrzyWhtBy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member # 39108
Location: Colorado
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyWhtBy View Post
E hug lets be friends
Only if we can be BFF's ??
__________________
nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementia fuit
evilram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Member # 186646
Posts: 6
lol this place reminds me of gmfullsize.

Cowboykyle wanted some more pics of the 37s. I will admit, the tires were really close, i think if i did any wheeling other than driving through fields or snow id probably come back without a bumper.












And the turbos....





This is the belly pan we made to cover the turbos since the truck is so low. You cant really see it in the pic but it bends up on the sides right behind the a arms to cover the filters from road spray, but its still open enough for them to get plenty of air.

TaderzNgravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member # 39108
Location: Colorado
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaderzNgravy View Post
lol this place reminds me of gmfullsize.

Cowboykyle wanted some more pics of the 37s. I will admit, the tires were really close, i think if i did any wheeling other than driving through fields or snow id probably come back without a bumper.












And the turbos....





This is the belly pan we made to cover the turbos since the truck is so low. You cant really see it in the pic but it bends up on the sides right behind the a arms to cover the filters from road spray, but its still open enough for them to get plenty of air.

bad ass!!! What is the belly pan made out of? Although not appropriate for the forum... I'm almost sad I flamed you
__________________
nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementia fuit

Last edited by evilram; 03-29-2011 at 03:46 PM.
evilram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
Wheeler
 
durcrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member # 84738
Location: NorCal
Posts: 367
OK ok, I'll man up too.

I's sorries I didn't believe you TaderzNgravy.

Back to tech?

First, those 37's look pimp on that rcsb.

IMHO I still say for a towing/wheeling combo truck that you should start with a 2500. If not just for the axles for the hd frame and longer wheelbase, I think it would be more of an asset for towing than twins. Though I'm sure that truck is fast as hell. Any vids of it?
__________________
'98 Durango: 60/44, not done pos
'91 Suburban: DD, 350/4L80
durcrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:18 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Member # 186646
Posts: 6
We made the belly pan out galvanized steel and coated it in that cheap rubberized spray paint. The plan was to get a mold with the cheap steel then have a metal shop make it out of aluminum.

I dont tow a hell of a lot of weight, but it still needs to be able to tow about 10,000lbs. I dont want to trade it in on a 2500 because I like the short wheelbase and it already has 50,000 miles on it so I wont get shit for trade in value.
TaderzNgravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Member # 17632
Location: West Sacramento, CA
Posts: 5,893
Since that's coil sprung, couldn't you just replace the stock coils with bags and leave it at that? With the turbos underneath, you obviously aren't gonna be wheelin it hard. Why completely reinvent the suspension? Why even do a straight axle swap? You seem to be going two very differnt directions with this truck.
Travis..
__________________
83 CJ-7 w/'93 4.0L engine, otherwise stock...SOLD!
91.5 Dodge 6BT 5 spd tow rig
crashnzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Member # 136714
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaderzNgravy View Post
To be honest after looking at everything and the money thats going to be spent, I think im going to put a turbo on my truck instead.

I could be wrong but I read it as his buddy's lowered truck has the turbo setup not his lifted truck.
RiverRat88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:52 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Member # 186646
Posts: 6
Yea the black ram has the twins. I think i may do a single instead of a sas the more i think about it.

What I really want is a 74-80 ramcharger with the fully removable top, but finding one of those in ok condition for a decent price is about as easy as finding atlantis.
TaderzNgravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.