LED compatible Flashers... - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Electrical & Wiring
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 140580
LED compatible Flashers...

I just got LED turn signals for the front of my Dodge and the rear tail lights are now new full LED replacements and I need a compatible flasher for the truck, its a 1996 Dodge Ram 2500.

One from Napa, Advance, Auto Zone or Pep Boys would be nice, anyone got a part number?
1996 DODGE 2500, 4X4, CUMMINS, 370'S, 5GSK, MACK PLUG, STUDS, SFI FLEX PLATE, DERALE DEEP PAN, EMS HUB KIT WITH 35 SPLINE INNER AND OUTTER MOSER AXLES, WARN GOLD LOCK-OUTS, 3 IN. LEVELING KIT, DUAL EDELBROCK REMOTE RESERVOIR SHOCKS, ROUGH COUNTRY STEERING STABILIZER, STEERING BOX BRACE.

Last edited by LOGANSTANFORTH; 07-24-2012 at 06:38 PM.
LOGANSTANFORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 131153
I saw them online earlier in the summer but i cannot remember where. Wish I was able to help.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 132020
I bought a cheapo from Zone for about $7. One with an external pigtail for grounding.
spreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Permanent Newb

Member # 176672
You can buy a "mechanical" flasher. It actually has a rotating disk to interrupt the current.

OR (easier)

Add a small resistor in series to increase the load on the circuit that your stock flasher needs to work. Higher load= Faster flash.

OR (free)

"Pirate" your old turn signal assy and use the old lightbulb/socket in series, just hide it somewhere.

Watch this space for Project Ultimate Resurrection 2015!!
Cooter! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 140580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter! View Post
You can buy a "mechanical" flasher. It actually has a rotating disk to interrupt the current.

OR (easier)

Add a small resistor in series to increase the load on the circuit that your stock flasher needs to work. Higher load= Faster flash.

OR (free)

"Pirate" your old turn signal assy and use the old lightbulb/socket in series, just hide it somewhere.
I am going to find a mechanical flasher tomorrow cause I'm not cutting up my stock wiring harness, I installed the rear full replacement tail lights today and the turn signals do not work, I haven't drove the truck in 2 weeks so I'm not going to guarantee that there isn't a fuse blown BECAUSE my 4 way lights work and even when I swap the flashers they still don't work and my 4 ways still do. No big deal, I'll just spend 2 minutes in the morning looking at fuses...

I should have the rest of my stuff tomorrow or monday, it will most likely be monday...
1996 DODGE 2500, 4X4, CUMMINS, 370'S, 5GSK, MACK PLUG, STUDS, SFI FLEX PLATE, DERALE DEEP PAN, EMS HUB KIT WITH 35 SPLINE INNER AND OUTTER MOSER AXLES, WARN GOLD LOCK-OUTS, 3 IN. LEVELING KIT, DUAL EDELBROCK REMOTE RESERVOIR SHOCKS, ROUGH COUNTRY STEERING STABILIZER, STEERING BOX BRACE.
LOGANSTANFORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 210335
You might find this website's products (flashers, etc.) and info useful.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...html%23flasher

Last edited by 4x4prepper; 07-28-2012 at 11:02 PM.
4x4prepper is offline   Reply With Quote