TH350 w/ downey adapter for FJ40 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Engines/Trannys/T-Cases For Sale
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2004, 08:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 17420
TH350 w/ downey adapter for FJ40

I have a complete setup, meaning all the parts to install an automatic transmission (in this case a Turbo 350) into a Toyota FJ40 which has a GM/Chevy 350 cu. in. engine. The tranny has no more than 20 hours of use on it, 2 hrs. offroading and the rest was over the road.
The tranny has been completely rebuilt inside. I’m talking bands, clutches, valves, and even the planetary gears have been replaced, everything…..all brand new parts.
The reason for removing this setup is because I am replacing it with a Muncie SM465, Marlin Crawler ToyBox, and the stock 4-speed t-case. I’m a manual transmission kind of guy and the auto just didn’t give me what “I wanted”.
The “setup” for sale includes the following:
Turbo 350 transmission w/output shaft installed
Torque converter
Flex plate and bolts (for the "small" diameter crankshaft pattern)
Braided firewall mount dip stick assembly
Kick down cable to carb/throttle body
B&M illuminated shifter w/appropriate cable, and tall pedestal
Downey adapter plate with all bolts and output shaft already installed in tranny
Appropriate brackets and bolts for t-case linkage
Frame crossmember for t-case

The one and only “problem” with the tranny is the result of getting ahead of myself and taking the cruiser out for an inaugural drive and forgetting to tighten the front output drive shaft flange. Results…,driveshaft twisted off three bolts and slammed the flange into the transmission case and broke out a piece of the flange on the tranny case where the pan bolts to. I repaired the case with JB Weld and have had no problems and/or leaks. I would have TIG welded the piece back in place but it was not to be found. I have a close up PIX of the repair if requested, complete with my finger prints embossed in the JB Weld patch.

The price I am asking is $650 + shipping, By the way I can UPS this if I send the tranny on a small pallet and the rest of the parts in another container. This setup is in New York State USA.

Pictures avaiable
Old 01-16-2004, 11:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 17420
ttt