Pirate 4x4 banner

E350 Box Van RV expo --> Shorty

13K views 21 replies 4 participants last post by  jydog2 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd share my box van to RV expedition conversion here. Im starting with a 2006 E350 5.4 cutaway chassis with a blown engine purchased off of craigslist. I originally bought it for the 4.10 rear 10.5 limited slip full float rear axle to put in my 94 Coachmen E250 RV. Well, it sat in the yard for a couple of months and I started thinking it was way to nice to just part out. I recalled a couple of other threads that a few people made converting a 10ft box van into an off road RV.

2004 E-350 Custom Camper - andreshoumatoff

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/expedition-vehicles/879722-1-ton-man-fort.html

These fueled my inspiration.

I already have a 19ft Coachmen but would really like to build a rig tailored to my needs. So here we go.

See less See more
#8 ·
Nice, you work fast.

It's a good thing I don't have room for another project right now because I want to build one of these. I was doing some searching, I was hoping there would be such as thing as a truck based cutaway with the smaller size box, but anything built off the truck chassis is all the big heavy stuff, and runs a separate cab and box. I did see a few of them with 4wd though, can't be very common: 98 Chevy C35 Box Van 4x4

#11 ·
Thanks guys. I still have to figure out how to get the box on it. I thinking a few cinder blocks and some steel then drive the trailer out from under it and then back the cutaway under. Suggestions are welcome.

Now to figure out the things that need repair before I set the box on it.
Go for a ride with us

#14 ·

Please send me some ideas about setting up the interior and comment and subscribe to my channel.

your thoughts on these

King size bed
full wetbath
What size tanks? grey, water?
What kind of ac can i run off of a honda 2000 generator.
storage ideas for luggage etc..
I would like to be setup for 1-3 days of boondocking.

Thanks

#18 ·
A walk through of my 1994 Coachmen M-19 RB Camper Van with the modifications I made. It may be for sale at the end of July 2016.

Vlog 20 documenting my box camper van build. This week I discover what ford e-series econoline parts will interchange while upgrading my seats and door panels to the newer body style

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.