Pirate 4x4 banner

Chevy Colorado box van?

9K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  carbonprint 
#1 ·
Has anyone checked these out up close?

Saw a picture of one of these things and had to search them out. I guess GM offered the Colorado with a utility body for a few years, called them the Astro body. The box looks pretty small, maybe too small, but seems like it could be made for a cool light expo setup, or as a possible swap onto another compact truck.

See less See more
#3 ·
Didn't find too much in the way of dimensions, one article was saying 82" interior length, so over 6.5 feet. It does look quite short in the pics.

I'd say knock out the back of the cab and open the box like the cutaway vans.

#4 ·
Local pizza shop has a Colorado with a "hot box" similar to this. It just keeps all the pizza warm, and they sell it to all local shops during lunch. I don't think there is enough room to sleep in, and it is similar size to the picture. Interesting idea though.

#6 ·
Hi, I just bought a Chevy with Astro Body, i'm a Painter and needed a car on location if i'm on the road in Wisconsin or any other state. It's 82" long, with my air matrass i fit in easy(6ft tall). Best work truck i had, runs perfect, all ladders fit and i sleep good in it.

Michel Huijs. The Dutch Guy LLC
Sheboygan Wisconsin
www.thedutchonline.info

#7 ·
  • Five Star Crash Rated
  • GM wind tunnel tested
  • 173.7 Interior cu. ft. cargo capacity - more than Astro Van or Safari Van
  • Stylish and durable aerodynamic fiberglass body
  • Side and rear door locks are keyed to the chassis door locks
  • 48.5" x 40.5" rear door opening and 43.1 sq. ft. of floor space
  • Available back-up camera system enhances view behind vehicle
  • Specially designed Velvac mirrors increase rearview field of vision
  • Available rear heat/air conditioning system safeguards sensitive cargo
  • Wall brackets allow for Adrian or Master Rack shelve/bin packages
  • Durable FRP floor with steel, e-coated floor frame
  • Commercial grade door seals and stainless steel door hinges

source Delivery Trucks For Sale AZ | Astro Body - Chevy Colorado or GMC Canyon Trucks | Delivery FLeet Vehicles