Audi Project: Expedition Allroad - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Expedition Vehicles
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2017, 12:00 PM   #76 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExDementia View Post
I would love those! Unfortunately they don't make them in 16", otherwise those would be what I would be getting.
double check. I know they're available in a 16x7
just maybe not at tire rack
Terra - OZ Racing
Old 03-14-2017, 12:31 PM   #77 (permalink)

Member # 146415
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87manche View Post
double check. I know they're available in a 16x7
just maybe not at tire rack
Terra - OZ Racing
That's what's frustrating, is according to their site, the 16" is only available in 5x100:

The universe is conspiring against me on these!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2017, 10:16 AM   #78 (permalink)

Member # 146415
A lot of family stuff going on right now, so I haven't been able to really do much lately. Mostly just driving it, and I'm trying to find a cheap set of 4 matching stock sized tires to throw on the stock wheels to run just when I'm driving around town. The more I drive it, the more I'm feeling the power bump from the tune. This thing pulls pretty hard now, and definitely gets off the line quicker than my NA 300ZX.

One thing I did do though, is finally put in the replacement seat I bought.

Out with the old:

I think this is how Shaq drives his cars:

And somehow I forgot to take a picture of the new, non-ripped one. Just picture that seat, but nicer and no rips. /shrug

Old 03-20-2017, 08:43 PM   #79 (permalink)

Member # 86724
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExDementia View Post
That's what's frustrating, is according to their site, the 16" is only available in 5x100:

The universe is conspiring against me on these!
well that's just sad
Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM   #80 (permalink)

Member # 146415
Roof rack time!

It's not the greatest cargo basket of all time, but it was dirt cheap (got a killer deal on it). From reading online it just needs some TLC in preventing rust, and the fit and finish is a little iffy, but I can tell already that it is plenty solid for what I'll need it for. If I hadn't gotten such a ridiculous price on this, I definitely would have gone with a Yakima LoadWarrior instead. If I had paid full retail for this, I would have sent it back for something else. But for what I paid, I can't complain one bit.

Got the extension with the rack, so it came in three sections:

This is the updated version, so it came with these rubber sleeves for where the bars connect together, but there were some issues with fitment that made it just about impossible to put together with them on. I ended up draping a rag over the bar in a few places and whacking it into shape with a dead blow just to get the extension to fit in with the rest of the rack. Like I said, if I had paid retail on this, I wouldn't have even bothered and would have sent it back immediately. Oh well, I eventually got it together without a scratch on it, and skipped the rubber sleeves since they even covered the holes for the screws anyway.

You can see here how poorly everything lines up:

The screws were all self tapping, and since half of them didn't line up correctly, I'm sure the screws took out plenty of the powder coat on the edges going in, not to mention that it was a pain in the ass to even get them to thread. I'll be taking them out tomorrow and sealing everything up tightly with RTV just to be safe -- not that rust is a huge worry here in SoCal anyway, but I'd rather just do it right.
Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM   #81 (permalink)

Member # 146415
The whole thing probably weighs ~45 lbs with the extension, but with how big and beefy it feels to carry, it really didn't seem all that heavy for the size of it. Once the clamps were installed and everything lined up, this thing is completely rock solid. I grabbed the top bars and rocked the Audi back and forth pretty much as hard as I could and it didn't budge one bit. I read a lot of reviews that complained about the mounting clamps, but after 5 minutes of tightening, I couldn't imagine them being more solid.

You're not a true mall crawler until you literally take your rig to the mall for poser shots, amiright? Now the question is if I throw a light bar on it, or a row of round lights to match the Hellas on my bumper... Decisions, decisions.
Old Today, 10:14 AM   #82 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 22748
I think the round lights would be too tall. I think it would look better if those extruded alum. cross bars could be eliminated for something lower to get the rack closer to the roof line. light bars would look better IMHO, long one across the front and then 4 or 6 inch bars on each side of the back corners. Then you would have good side and backup lighting.

R.I.P. Jason
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GREAT SPIRITS HAVE ALWAYS ENCOUNTERED VIOLENT OPPOSITION FROM MEDIOCRE MINDS
-ALBERT EINSTEIN-
#472tellico rally

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[/URL][/COLOR]KJ6IYH
surpip is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.