Pirate 4x4 banner

Lets see your expedition rigs!

3M views 2K replies 799 participants last post by  Refmech 
#1 · (Edited)
Title says it all, lets see what you got! This isn't mine, i'd like to build an m715 someday, anyways i think this one is awesome :smokin:

See less See more
#152 · (Edited)
Well heres my little rover Rig.

Sportin Rovertym 4" lift with Land Cruiser OME shocks
Rovertracks "BEEFY" steering with OME Damper
Custom Rear bumper.
Procomp "Rock Crawler" series 87 15" Steel Wheels
BFG Mud Terrains 33x10.50R15.

I'm more of the rock crawling hence why the body has been cut in the rear
however I love expedition rigs I like seeing expo and rock crawling rigs together.

#163 · (Edited)
Picked this up this weekend. Paid $5700 plus taxes and other BS came out to $6500 OTD :p

1995 3/4 ton 4x4
1 owner
454 TBI
78,000 miles
8k winch
CB
Cab has no back window, Has a boot to the camper. Dog can lay back there and still be part of the action.

Super clean, I love it.

Attachments

#164 ·
sas is in your future,nice truck though!

#165 ·
I'd take a 454 over a Chevy diesel any day and twice on Sunday. That would not have been a Durmax Adam. 6.2s are shit. In my ever humble opinion of course :)

#166 ·
I actually have an '06 CTD quad cab 4x4 also, with a popup on it. It's been a good truck to tow the my other rig with, the Toyota. With diesel being about $5.00 and the wife and trying to have a kid, It's all going away. Sold the pop up on the dodge, the dodge should be leaving this weekend and the toyota is for sale. Figure I'll run this chevy, buy an ATV and then build our JK. I should come out about 700-800 ahead every month and still have all the toys.

Attachments

#171 ·
88YJ with a chevy 5.7, nv4500 and 4.3 aII. Trailer is a 49(ish) M100 with the same bolt pattern as the YJ so no extra spare to carry, bed slide, freezer/fridge. It's got a Maggiolina mounted on it. It's been over most of the SW and I'm wanting to head to baja and copper canyon in mexico. As soon as I can figure out how to stop it from rolling :)

#175 ·
Here's mine, when I first started building it, I wasn't quite sure what it was really going to be, but I know that I wanted a solid drivetrain, room for the wife and kids, streetable and plenty of cargo room. The planned usage was for mild trails and camping over long distances, little that I knew at the time there was something called an expedition rig...

It still needs some more additions, namely some kind of shelter along with some communication devices and dedicated tool / food storage locations, the giant toolbox holds alot but it isn't very user friendly, also need some more lighting and with the powertrain, some additional fuel storage capacity, 38 gallons goes fast. I'm also thinking that I got it a bit to high, ideally it could stand to be a few inches lower.

1990 F350, D60 open, 14Bolt - Detroit, 460, T18 4 speed, BW1356 t-case, 37x13.50R17 Toyos + fullsize spare, Mile Marker 10.5k lb hydraulic winch.

Hardcore off-road in the backyard...

As purchased from Uncle Sam

#177 ·
1990 F350, D60 open, 14Bolt - Detroit, 460, T18 4 speed, BW1356 t-case, 37x13.50R17 Toyos + fullsize spare, Mile Marker 10.5k lb hydraulic winch.
wild guess: gas

#179 ·
G'day all - Jon from Perth, Western Australia.

here's my rig.

1999 Mitsubishi Challenger (Montero Sport)
3" suspension lift, 2" body lift, 33 x 12.5 Goodyear MTRs on black steel rims
2 x lightforce 240 Blitz spotlights, 2 x Roolite 180 spotlights.
Custom rear storage area including fridge slide, Engel + TwoZone (50lt fridge freezer), digital volt meter, plumbed in compressed air, pressurised water (50lt tank), 12v outlets.
GME TX4200 UHF, 4db antenna
Rhino Alloy roofrack with custom awning
Plus a whole heap more :)

#181 · (Edited)
looking good! i also use Lightforce lamps on my 4x4 and really like the rugged and superior performance over KC, PIAA, et al. And those sleeping cots, nice! You don't want desert critters crawling into ur sack at night and don;t forget to shake out ur boots in the morning. haha

saw this pic on the rubithon thread and grabbed it for here. nice '45! that's one lucky owner.

mb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.