Pirate 4x4 banner

Lets see your expedition rigs!

3M views 2K replies 799 participants last post by  Refmech 
#1 · (Edited)
Title says it all, lets see what you got! This isn't mine, i'd like to build an m715 someday, anyways i think this one is awesome :smokin:

See less See more
#51 · (Edited)
Its not mine, but a customers. His name on pirate is SocalXJ (I think). Its fawkin badass as far as expadition vehicles go. This thing has EVERYTHING. :smokin:
Thanks Eric, Right on! There's a expedition section here now. Very cool.

Here's our rig in its current state along with matching trailer..

#6 ·
Here is one of mine, I moved it out of the drift 2 weeks ago, it still had packed snow falling off the undercarriage yesterday. I drove it to CA and back several years ago, hit a few nice passes on the way home. I am gonna drive it more this year, it has sat for the last 5 years. Good timing for the new forum. I like it.

#7 ·
This is my buddies, his wife has a lifter FJCruiser, he has this van and a lifted TJ, I have a TJ. He throws the RoKon on the hitch for even more fun. He just got an Aluminess roof rack that mounts to the pop-top which I haven't got pictures of yet.

Should make for some fun trips... He's hoping to take it down to Mexico at some point.... he has yet to convince his wife that it's a good idea.

#9 ·
Nice pic of the current owner and future owner in the same shot!:D

Here's a pic of my junk:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7305221&postcount=8

Did a 15 day self-contained expedition last October, including 9 days in the MAZE of Canyonlands.

Just returned from a 2760 mile trek to TX and back.

Not bad for a 44 year old truck with an old stovebolt 6.:)

#12 ·
far from the coolest rover out there. it's currently getting major fender surgery, diamond axles, king coilovers in the front, and super swamper 34x9.5x16.5 tires on military hmmwv wheels. every expedition rig should have tires no larger than 35's, and the narrowest tire made. they just look right.

Attachments

#14 · (Edited)
My FJ40 & TT
(2F/H55F, 4.88's & ARB's, Helton Hot Shower setup, Dual batts, Icom 2M, etc)

My wife and I at the Wedge in the SR Swell

My 04' Tacoma
(SC'ed 3.4l, OME, Dual Batts with Nat. Luna controller, Yaesu 2M, etc)

The Henry Mtns in southern Utah

My 87' FJ60
(soon to have 4BT/NV4500, SOA, etc)

Brought her home though the SR Swell on the maiden voyage home :D

My wife has a 66' FJ45 too :D

#17 · (Edited)
more people will start using them.

i mean common. mine has

-heated seats
-leather
-sat. radio
-traction control system
-3.73 gears
-5 speed auto
-2.73 low range
-4.7L V8
-20 mpg with no wind :grinpimp:
-power windows, mirrors, moon roof
-seats 7 (4 adults very comfortably)

they are a great vehicle. it wheels really good, it just needs a real rear locker

#18 ·

Thre is a picture of my Jeep taken in a race called Superkarparta, in Romania. The distance between the start in the finishline is around 200 miles but it will take you for that distance a whole week.

in a creek

some where in the mountains

going uphill

some specs ..

2001 TJ, Clayton Longarm, Solid 60 Rear, Genright Enduro Gas Tank, 35x12.5 BFG's and a lot more....

Chris

#19 ·
It's also my daily driver.

1980 Scout II Traveler Turbo Diesel
Stock 33 gallon Diesel tank gives it a range of between 600-700 miles and with a couple extra nato cans the range can be extended out to around 1000 miles depending on trail conditions. I've taken it on the Oregon Back Country Discovery Route and totaled 1200 miles in 8 days. While this may not be alot by expedition standards, the truck did great, didn't miss a beat and didn't have any mechanicle problems, so if I wanted to do another 1200 miles it would have been up to it. With a weeks prep time I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere. I'd love to be able to just get in it and go, but being it's a daily driver I can't keep in in "bug out" trim all the time.

Future upgrades are fairly simple. I'd like to do an SOA, full cage some better bumpers, 33's and a lunch box locker of some sort and call it good. I am a firm believer in keeping it simple.

#22 ·
This is my 01 TJ. Not what you would expect for a long distance driver but it works great for me so far. This is a picture of my TJ, on the Ferry between England and France. Mine is in the front. I have had this TJ all over Germany, France, Belgium, Lux, England, and this summer Hungry, and Romania.

Wheelin at Kirton Offroad Center korc.co.uk

Wheelin Germany

#24 · (Edited)
I don't know if it qualifies as an expedition rig since I mainly run trails and rocks but I suppose both of my rigs would definately fill the need.

98DI with fox coilovers, GM 3/4 ton steering, rack, winch, jack, GPS, and all that stuff.

And my 86 Econoline 4x4, rack, GPS, 35's, and a bunch of other junk.

Maybe I'll do the vegas to reno offroad drive or the nevada/utah offroad drive next year.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.