H1 Military radial OZ tires - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Expedition Vehicles
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 131284
H1 Military radial OZ tires

Hi, I am looking for opinions of these tires, pics if anyone has any, and overall impression. I would be putting them on a 92 ford F250 diesel. Currently the truck is not lifted but this summer I plan to do a Sky 3" shackle lift with superduty springs which should put it at overall 4.5" of lift. I am assuming that should be enough to clear the 37" tires. Sounds like these tires can last up to 30K and half the price of Toyo MT's. Only bummer is they are 16.5 inch. which does not leave many other tire options later on down the road.
Wydra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2009, 12:01 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 17896
Search, and you will be rewarded. IN particular, go to the vendor section and look for 406YJ-- he's selling sets w/H1's at great prices.

You get a pass because you're new, but search here first and save yourself the flames.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 104272
I'll tell you a bit from my experience. They are good on the rocks, ok in mud, not real good on slimy hill climbs, and decent on the highway at speeds not more than 55. My biggest complaint with these tires is that they will not balance out. I've taken them in three times, I'm running a combination of 18 oz. of beads and rim weights and the still shake the truck to death over 55. I'm pretty sure the ones I have are out of round but from my research, this is pretty common with these tires. They are built for ruggedness but not for speed. The upside is, if you can handle driving 55, they will last forever.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
toyota hoarder

Member # 45
I run them, unbalanced on MRW beadlocks on my sprung over FJ60.

The are great on the highway up to about 70mph.
Rocks and loose dry they are great, add mud, and I might as well be running gatorbacks....

For the money though @ $95 each, they RULE!!!!

john

Swedish American
rugburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 14707
i've run several sets of them and they will last for 50k+. these are a tremendous value for a rig such as yours. they definitely leave something to be desired off road, but for a good all around tire that wears like iron on the street and costs 1/4 the price of new stuff, you just can't go wrong
'87k5 swapped in blown 2.8, th350, 208, 12" suspension lift, custom 5" body lift, ARB locked 10 bolts f/r w/ 2.73's, 49" irocks... never rub = I'M HARDCORE!!! goes anywhere, never been stuck. still rockin despite the hate...you're all just jealous
reeser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2009, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 29037
I run a set unbalanced combination of hyway and Colorado trails. On the hyway pulling a trailer with camping gear and 100 gallon propane tank it'll run 80MPH with one hand lightly on the wheel with 65 psi in the tires. On the trail we generally aren't hauling the trailer and air done to about 20PSI since the 16.5 wheels I run do not have a safety bead, they do just as well as they guys running the high dollar tires. I am looking to get a set of bead locks soon.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
toyota hoarder

Member # 45
65 psi huh?
Damn I may have to try that tonight for my dune trip this weekend.

Swedish American
rugburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.