3rd gen 4runner equipt. storage - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Expedition Vehicles
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 10:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 463
3rd gen 4runner equipt. storage

After the my last minute trip to Big Bend in Feb with my DD 97 4runner, I decided I needed a more secure and organized way to haul the must haves and still have room for myself.

So the wheels started turning in my head and I took into account what I wanted accomplished: Dog barrier, gear mounting, interior panel protection. Also have pack gear in the back while having the option to sleep in the 4runner. So pictures are better than words..

the tubing system is a work in progress that I'll probably remake once I situate all the gear I want to carry. The plan for the Dog barrier is to make a para cord net to the upper portion of the hoop that can be removed when not needed.

The drawers are a combination of 1/2" and 3/4" birch. They are the width and height of one side of the rear fold down seat and extends the length of the rear cargo area to the door. Total Home Depot cost with wood and drawer sliders was $113.

I can think it up and if it's metal I've got it handled but a thanks to my wood working buddy PH.

I am also planning another long solo trip leaving the end of next week back home to Northern Ca from Houston. I decided to take the Ramsey 9500 from my unfinished trail rig and installed it.

Nick

Torchmate Racing
www.torchmateracing.com
ToyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 160556
I know this thread is old but I would love to know what kind of front bumper that is!
bbyeahwhatever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2010, 08:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 14196
Send a message via AIM to wes8517 Send a message via MSN to wes8517 Send a message via Yahoo to wes8517
says on the bottom of it it is a shrockworks.

wes