Pirate 4x4 banner

1 ton Man Fort...

182K views 251 replies 88 participants last post by  B.A.R.K 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been looking for an Econoline for the last few mo. to 4wd swap and build out like a Sportsmobile... Then was turned onto a Mini mod ambulance and the Mini box vans due to more head room and and storage options (most are in the mid west). I finally stumbled across this and brought this it home today... I was looking hard for a 7.3L diesel but I could not pass up the deal even though it has a 5.4L. It has 355k on the chassis but was a 1 owner, by a family business fleet maintained with 50pgs of service records including engine and trans replacement...

I have a HP D60 lined up for a 4wd swap and plan on some 33's, bumpers, winch, cut a walk through, insulation, 2000w inverter, sink, microwave, porta john, RV side door and replace the roll up back door with a wall or tilt up door that will double as a deck :D...end result being a good tow rig/expo camper.

Nick

Attachments

See less See more
#247 ·
I just did a conversion on a Ford van. It ws a 97 with a PS in it. I threw a 60 in there with stock front leaf springs. This thing is pretty low, and sits on 33's A lot fo custom fab work involved in the crossmember, but all ina ll, well worth it

Good luck bud
Dima

#248 ·
I totally dig it. I really like the box build. I have been toying with ideas for something like this for awhile. My idea for the back was to have the drop down ramp like a toy hauler as mentioned earlier. However I'd like another panel that flips up for a roof like you have, but longer, same dimensions as the floor/ramp so it can be set level and zip up fabric and screen walls. I also just want the box set up so I can drop it on a flatbed Cummins, be able to leave it at home, or in camp etc. I dig 4x4 vans but I want a Cummins for a tow rig. Your build has helped me better visualize it. That box is the perfect size.

#252 ·
A while back he post an older picture on FB under one of Chris Ridgeway's topics. Said he still using it, and I asked him to come back here with some updates. Maybe one day he'll revive this thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.