Pirate 4x4 banner

Let's see your expo van or 4x4 van pics!

470K views 439 replies 187 participants last post by  151fab 
#1 ·
I'll post up my new ride in a few. I'm excited that I'm back in a van, a 4x4 van to be exact! The interior is pretty set up but I'm not sure if it will suit my needs.

Be back in a few...

#45 · (Edited)
I've always thought one of these vans would be bad ass to have, but had never seen one up close, until a few weeks ago. A guy had a Quigley van at a flooring shop across the way from where I was, so I stopped in and looked at it. Now I want to build one. Too bad they don't put sliding doors on both sides, but I bet you could make double doors on both sides work...
My only concern is, wouldn't it be really top heavy?

#48 ·
Just getting started on mine. It's an 84 with a 360/727. I'm replacing the 727 with a NP235 backed by a 435/205 combo. Im also replacing the stock dana 60 with a wider one from a motorhome. Tires and wheels are 24 bolt H1's. Will have hydrolic winches front and rear as well as on board air and water. I am going to have a permanant queen size bed in back and fixed seating for seven. The roof rack will ultimately have at least one if not 2 RTT's for the kids. Already have the custom black/green paint mixed up and ready. Eventually I would like to step up to a Dana 70/80 combo but for now I am using what I've got.

#60 ·
THATS AWESOME!

i wish it were as easy as sending them my f350 and have them convert it. i love that thing. reminds me of the one i was in love with a long time ago by revcon.

these werent made with slide outs though.

Attachments

#71 · (Edited)
Here is the Disabled Explorers Sportsmobile WAVE (wheelchair accessible van for expeditions).
2008 Ford E350 built by Sportsmobile West with the 6L diesel, DynaTrac ProRock 60, ARB Locker, Atlas Tcase, Nitto Trail Grappler 35's, Extreme Outback Air setup, Aluminess bumpers & roof rack, National Luna Fridge, Rigid LED Lights and soooo much more...

#76 · (Edited)
from another board

Art totally built that off road motorhome and converted it to 4WD with front and rear ARB lockers, all himself... He and his motorhome are amazing! Art joined TW following our Mision Santa Maria run...

Here he is climbing the Widowmaker, 5 weeks before the beach trip:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.