Pirate 4x4 banner

suspension and spring help needed..

602 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Groundhawg 
#1 ·
I wheel and 87 f250 w/ a 460 and a 4spd. I want to go to coils up front. Will this allow me to move the axle forward a few inches? I need the springs to provide me with 4-6" of lift. Is there such a spring? If so link or phone number is greatly appreciated!

Wes

#2 ·
Well, I guess it would if you made the radius arms postion the beams there:flipoff2:

The thing is though, you're going to have to do more fab than JUST that though, because you would either have to do some funky custom shiat to the beams(which probably would no longer be same) or move the pivot brackets forward also. Since the brackets mount to the crosmember, well, that might suck sever arse. That's not to mention the fact that you will have to adapt some radius arms and coil retainers to them. Then, you'l still have to put coil buckets on the frame.

I guess the better question is this, Just what the f--k do you really think you will gain with coils over leaves on a TTB suspension?

Unless it's a stocker TTB SUCKS....simple as that
Hell, TTB even sucks on stock trucks, wtf am I saying?

If you REALLY think you need to push the front axle forward, put a straight axle in there. You are trying open a really ugly can of worms with relocating TTB...well, unless it is being relocated to the scrap heap that is.

#6 ·
1248bullitt said:
Dude: all I want are some coil springs up front and maybe to move the front axle a few inches forward so when I SHORTEN the frame I can chop more off. I mention nothing of extending shit.

If you don't want people to assume, tell the whole story at the beginning.

#7 ·
In the very first post you asked
Will this allow me to move the axle forward a few inches
Then, after you complain about what I have attempted to help you with, you say
I mention nothing of extending shit
If you are going to move the axle forward from the present position, regardless if it is the original or you swap in a straight one, your extending the wheelbase.

Thanks for the back up firegod33. JEEZ, you try to be helpfull.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.