Pirate 4x4 banner

Front Wheel Spindle Diameter??

593 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  billj 
#1 ·
Anyone know the diameter of the front wheel spindle on a Ranger or F-150?? I´m trying to find bearing nuts for my rig and have heard that those off a Ford might work.

TIA,

#4 ·
Rogue Bronco said:
'79 F-150/Bronco
outer bearing surface 1.622" (locking hub side)
inner bearing surface 1.777" (knuckle side)
Measured off the spindle so it would be the bearing ID.

this what your lookin for??

I believe the spindle bearings are the same for the full sizes up to about '9(sumpin') (all of 1980's)

So yer saying that the inner bearing diameter is tapered, eh?!?!? Anyways, what I´m after is the thread size for the spindle nut. My rig has 1 5/8 - 16 threads on the spindles. I currently have sucky hex nuts, which are precision tightened with a fawking BFH. I´d like to get some real bearing nuts and lock washers to do the job, like these........

I heard that Ford spindles use this type of nut, so that´s why I asked here. Is this really the type of nut used, or do Fords also used hex nuts??

Thanks for the info, the diameter that you mention is what I´m looking for. Now I just need to verify the thread count.

:beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.