Which T Cases Bolt Right Up To An "aod" Transmission - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Ford
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2003, 12:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 13347
Which T Cases Bolt Right Up To An "aod" Transmission

PLEASE HELP
narrowed cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2003, 04:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 11975
Send a message via AIM to MikeW Send a message via MSN to MikeW Send a message via Yahoo to MikeW
Three T-cases I know which would bolt up: Np 208, BW 1345nd 1356. I am not sure about the NP 203, but Im sure someone else can provide more info.
Heres some info picked up in a search:
All T-cases used by Ford in automatics have the same bolt patten and spline count the 203/205/208/1345/1356 are all supposed to be the same, so the 205 should mount up, but the AOD does not have the cut out in the mounting flange for the shift linkage. The mounting flange is a full circle.

There has also been some discusion that the output shafts on some of the transmissions backed by the np208 and laterT-cases is longer than the 203/205 backed trannys that required a 3/4" spacer to be used.

I am planning the same swap in my 89 the 205 behind the AOD and that is the only sticking point I have come across so far. The only reason it's not done yet is Driveshaft mods as I am considering the offroad design Tcase doubler as well.

Last edited by MikeW; 08-07-2003 at 09:35 PM.
MikeW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.