what tranny and t-case will bolt to my 4.0 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Ford
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2004, 10:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 28326
Send a message via AIM to wheelinuttin
what tranny and t-case will bolt to my 4.0

Like the title says. I want to know what tranny will bolt up to my 4.0
wheelinuttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 07:01 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 19666
I think you said you have a 93 Ranger?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2004, 07:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
winch operator

Member # 15473
Send a message via AIM to bobbywalter
jeep or ford?

ford 4.0 will take all the ranger/explorer/b2 junk, c4/c5/ and the 700r4 with the right parts..can be big cash..

theres som other potentials that i am trying to sort out.

i have got to get the m5od r1 and r2 in front of me to determine what it takes to interchange em. have not had time.

it appeared at first there was a matter of switchin the output shaft after talkin with a guy that bought his truck that way, then last friday i talked with one of the guys that actually worked on a b2 that had a v8 and m50d/1350 tcase in it, and its been 7 years since they did it..but as he recalled they actually swapped all the ranger parts into the 150 case and modified the v8 input to take the ranger parts that went on there, and run it that way... then he said it grenaded after a lil less then a year. currently i only know of one other potential truck that has that setup and he may as well be in china, and have not yet talked with that owner about disassembling and micin it out to get the specific details. the other guy had bought the truck that way, and told me they just swapped out the tailshaft...which is really a mainshaft/outputshaft on these but you get the gist of it. and chris said they had to swap all the ranger stuff. thats confusing to me. swappin the output shaft suggests to me that you can put all the 150 stuff on the ranger output shaft and vice versa. chris says no. you have to swap the ranger idler shaft, mainshaft, and modify the 150 input to take the ranger input gears and stuff that go there. so i am back to square one with that. i think jrod has that setup, so he may let me take a look at it.

theres some good potential here. if indeed you can interchange the output shafts on the m5od's, that opens up some good t case options and doubler combos for ranger guys.

i am sure you can make a 435 work with a bell from a 2.8 somehow. may even be someone here who has it.

88 ranger ext cab pos hackjob powered by a 6.5 diesel clattering against a 4l80 thats punishing a f208 that is turning ford 60's rolling on 33-44 in tires depending on the mission at hand

how ya like me now??
bobbywalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 10:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 17313
yeah, my broncoII had the M5OD, inbetween a 302, and a 13-50 T-case.
Never was quite sure on the specifics, but I want to think it was a M5OD-R2, with a AA adapter on the back, to bolt the T-case on.. Though it is possible they put a R1 tailshaft onto it..
Old 10-14-2004, 09:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
winch operator

Member # 15473
Send a message via AIM to bobbywalter
do you still have that tranny or know where it is at?

i want to look at yours too.

88 ranger ext cab pos hackjob powered by a 6.5 diesel clattering against a 4l80 thats punishing a f208 that is turning ford 60's rolling on 33-44 in tires depending on the mission at hand

how ya like me now??
bobbywalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 03:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 28326
Send a message via AIM to wheelinuttin
bobbywalter are you talking to me
wheelinuttin is offline   Reply With Quote