Pirate 4x4 banner

Extreme Explorer - Need Pics and Build Specs Please?

6K views 91 replies 34 participants last post by  Racerx70 
#1 ·
Anyone out there running an Explorer that is built up enough to keep up with some Jeeps?

Got pics? Specs?

Thanks In Advance...

#56 ·
Paul Gagnon said:
What kind of idiot would use an Explorer off road anyway?
Well...

Other than an almost perfect wheelbase - an 8.8" rear axle that all the Jeep dudes are trying to get - a good power to weight ratio - easy availability - lots of mods from mild to wild - full frames - cheap prices on the first gen models - and the simple fact that they work and are not a Jeep - I don't know... :laughing:

#57 ·
glfredrick said:
Well...

Other than an almost perfect wheelbase - an 8.8" rear axle that all the Jeep dudes are trying to get - a good power to weight ratio - easy availability - lots of mods from mild to wild - full frames - cheap prices on the first gen models - and the simple fact that they work and are not a Jeep - I don't know... :laughing:
Excuses, excuses. :shaking:

#60 ·
Nobody said:
4x4Junkie and friends have almost got me convinced to go back to TTB and 31's. :grinpimp:
I was trying to figure out how to put my 42's on my new exploder I got... then I remembered my 42's are 42x15x15... and the exploder already has 15" wheels....!!!!!!! so I'm good to go! :flipoff2:

#67 ·
spot4me said:
shut up arizona *** :flipoff2: ...lets see you come out here and say that.

after reading all this aaron...i wanna go back to the TTB, definitely more reliable and better handling for the Con. We could do it in a weekend right? :laughing:
Send me some money for gas & a trailer & Ill HAPPILY come out there & get stuck & break my truck! :flipoff2:

#68 ·
Danger Ranger said:
I was trying to figure out how to put my 42's on my new exploder I got... then I remembered my 42's are 42x15x15... and the exploder already has 15" wheels....!!!!!!! so I'm good to go! :flipoff2:
Hmmm, my 38.5x14.5x15 my honda has a 14 inch wheel, where can I get a spacer to run these?

#69 ·
Nobody said:
4x4Junkie and friends have almost got me convinced to go back to TTB and 31's. :grinpimp:
Uhhh yeah :shaking:

I'm not the one who made the tall claim about 31" tires (it actually was 30" tires) nor did I support that claim.

My junk's on 35s :flipoff2:

#70 ·
#71 ·
hazardiz said:
well this board went from from the original...just was checkin up on it and how it turned into a bunch of whining and put downs...lol...i love it...

The funny part is that you guys weren't paying attention. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: All the people doing the "put downs" are Ranger, Bronco II and Explorer owners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.