another q-jet question - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Ford
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2005, 07:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 32726
another q-jet question

In the next few weeks I am going to be purchasing a q-jet for the old bronco. Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in the carbs I am looking at. I plan on running a 1970 Camaro q-jet and it is under $200. I was looking at BC Broncos and their carb is like $350. Is there a difference in the carbs? I saw on BC broncos that it was made by JET Performance. Is the large price difference due to the name brand?

Also, has anyone run into any problems with running the qjet backwards? Yes, I've read, and know of the more common problems but was wondering if there were any more.

thanks guys

Matt

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MattyB4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2005, 07:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
JJS

Member # 28835
the JET version is an aftermarket q-jet replacement. it will be a lot more reliable than a rebuilt rochester q-jet. i would stick with the factory motorcraft before i went that route.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 16864
the jet perfomance carb is a rebuilt qjet and works great I have one on my 69 302 if you buy from bc it will be tuned for your application the jet unit may need tuning once you get it mine needed air door adjustment to work right you will need a modified adaptor make shure its the 4 hole one its better for idle off idle performace mine is mounted normally but they do work very well turned around THIS link will give more info on install
Old 06-20-2005, 01:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 7683
The one you want is the non electronic one off a older pickup or whatever. I got mine at the junkyard and rebuilt it. I run it the regular way and it has performed nearly perfect for me. The only problem is when I'm sitting on the bumper it chuggs till you get higher in the rpm or level out.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 32726
I have a friend that is a carb maniac. He could jet and tune the carb for me. With that said, would I be fine using a non electric off of a camaro or truck from like napa or auto zone...and save about $150?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MattyB4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2005, 09:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 7683
With it tuned right, I would think it would work as good as mine if not better since its factory rebuilt. go for it, it runs as well as the motorcraft, but has more low end with the smaller secondaries.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.