anti-theft system?? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Ford
Notices

Closed Thread

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2006, 08:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 77011
anti-theft system??

Is there any way that any one may know to by pass the Ford anti-theft system?? My cluster went nuts on me the other day. My new Snap on scanner would not do any of the programming.I was FORCED to take it to the Ford dealership for programming!! NOW THAT SUCKS!! I asked them to make me a spare key since I only had one . And one is not enough to program any additional keys. They hit me for another $35.** for the key!! IF POSSABLE?? I would like to by pass the system completley. So that no matter if the cluster goes out or not. The truck will still start and run. Any ideas?? Or is it IMPOSSABLE as most Ford techs tell me. What happend to our rite to repair??
Thanks
Old 08-02-2006, 10:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 77011
So I take it.Short of buying a pc programmer from Snap - on and paying Ford a monthly fee.There is no other way ?? I was sure hoping there was some one on here smarter than I was on this. Oh Well Thanks anyway.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2006, 04:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 15004
Send a message via AIM to Offrhoder4x4
Nobody is going to tell you how to bypass a security system even if they knew.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 77011
Thats cool!!! I got my problem fixed!!! ~Directed_ford_pats_secure_lock_bypass_-prod-31816392.htm
Also Snap-on claims to have a tool cost around $1000.** to hook to your pc and you will need to pay for @ least 1 month from Fords web site access ( Think that cost around $20.** ) to down load the info you need to transfer instr. clusters. If you should have a problem like that come into your shop?? You can fix it your self.WITHOUT having to send it to a dealership.My self thru my shop.I am not sure I really need one yet. But' to those of you that have larger shops near the city.You may want to think about it?? As we do have a rite to repair!! So to those of you that may have known and chose to be a BUTT HOLE!!

Last edited by Bolo; 08-02-2006 at 08:21 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 77011

http://www.brilliant-electronics.com...cted_556sw.htm

Last edited by Bolo; 08-02-2006 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 14848
your antitheft bypass there requires a transponder key still...
Old 08-03-2006, 07:14 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 77209
Send a message via MSN to Andreb

you don't need this module to bypass the PATS system... All you have to do, is to tape or ziptie a functionnal PATS key to the lock's cylinder inside the column, and use regular 1$ hardware store keys to start your truck.

For security reasons, you might want to cut the PATS key and only keep the top part that contains the transponder.

I did this on mine and it worked fine for several years and left it that way when I sold it.

BTW, 35$ for a spare PATS key is a reasonable price, especially if you only had one key. Now that you have two keys, you can buy some spares on eBay for less than 10$ shipped and the guy will provide you the instructions for programing it

Last edited by Andreb; 08-03-2006 at 07:16 AM.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:26 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 75289
you can by pass that key with a paper clip if you know what your doing, I watched a tech I used to work with do it on our bossed ranger in 2 seconds. Its just a matter of jumpering a terminal.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 77011
Thank you for the replys!! Please pardon my spelling?? As I could never spell worth a crapp!!My reason for this ? was that I am a SELF a employed certified GM tech. But' I drive a Ford because it was a little cheaper to come by. Well what happened was my instrument cluster decided to go North for the summer. ( I really don't think it planned to come back ) Thats how I come across this problem w/ the anti-theft.Now I have a Solos Snap-On scanner completley up to date w/ bcm updates and a lab scope. But' even after spending all that money. I could not program my cluster!! What if it had been a customer?? Every yr. I sign a rite to repair patition. Because not just Ford.But ' ALL of our auto and Motorcycle makers.Are trying to block us from repairing our own BOUGHT and PAID FOR vehicals. So that they can charge rates that a poor man CANNOT afford!!! I understand the purpose of the anti-theft. But' ???
Old 08-03-2006, 09:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Axes of E-ville

Member # 48097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo
Is there any way that any one may know to by pass the Ford anti-theft system?? My cluster went nuts on me the other day. My new Snap on scanner would not do any of the programming.I was FORCED to take it to the Ford dealership for programming!! NOW THAT SUCKS!! I asked them to make me a spare key since I only had one . And one is not enough to program any additional keys. They hit me for another $35.** for the key!! IF POSSABLE?? I would like to by pass the system completley. So that no matter if the cluster goes out or not. The truck will still start and run. Any ideas?? Or is it IMPOSSABLE as most Ford techs tell me. What happend to our rite to repair??
Thanks
Inconceivable!
Old 08-04-2006, 03:40 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 77209
Send a message via MSN to Andreb

...maybe i'm wrong, but on fords, the instrument cluster has nothing to do with the PATS... PATS is controlled by the PCM. SO I think that defintly bypassing the antitheft feature wont do anything more to help you fix a freaked out cluster?!
Closed Thread