Pirate 4x4 banner

cuts out on rough road!!!!!!!!!

716 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  jacobh 
#1 ·
any body have this problem? the truck runs fine all the time but when i go over some rough stuff on the street it acts like it runs out of gas for a couple seconds and then it fine again. never had this problem before, it just started doing it about a week ago.

#2 ·
i've never experienced this in my truck but whenever i ride over the whoops on my raptor it some times cuts out whenever i slam the throttle, this is caused by the gas bouncing in the float bowl and not getting to the jets then settling and going again.

#4 · (Edited)
I agree, probably a loose ground wire to the battery or the on the terminals themselves. It could also be the throttle cable adjustment bouncing around or getting jammed during the heavy vibrations.

#6 ·
that was the last issue, went to start it and nothing. after checking every connector under the hood i found that the fuel pump relay wasnt working right. it would start the pump but it wouldnt stay pumping. new relay and its golden:smokin:

now this :shaking:

#7 ·
What carb are you using? When was the last time you checked your float level?

#11 ·
I got a 350 Chevy and it has the same problem but it also wont run when the truck is not level so i got to roll down hills or get towed up them to get it started. its got me stumped please help thanks in advance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.