Pirate 4x4 banner

t5 bellhousing to np435?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  KY Rambler 
#1 ·
will it work.. i have heard it will work but need more opinions

#2 ·
I could be wrong, but if memory serves me right, it would require an adapter. Seems as if I have read articles where they put T-5's into vintage Mustangs with the original bellhousing and had to use an adapter between the bell and gearbox. You would be doing just the opposite, so it should require a different adapter- once again, could be wrong on that.

#4 ·
What motor you trying to mate up the NP435 to?? I am in the home stretch of replacing my Jeep T5 with a NP435. This is behind a 258 AMC motor. The NP 435 won't mate up to the stock T5 bellhousing. I would have to recheck, but i think someone said it could be machined to work. The easier route to adapt a NP435 to an AMC motor is to find a bellhousing that had a Jeep t150 3 speed bolted to it. There might even be another transmission that had the same bell, can't remember. THe T150 bellhousing bolts right on the NP435.

Depending on the version of the NP 435 you have, it can be made to work with other bellhousings. Some NP435 had a set of undrilled ears cast in the housing. Mine didn't, but I had the other bellhousing sitting in the garage already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.