Pirate 4x4 banner

94 M50d r1 into 93 wiring

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  wanderer-RRORC 
#1 ·
Found a donor 94 explorer with the m5od-r1 and iam wanting to swap the 5spd into my ranger with 93 wiring. Problem is that the existing wiring in my truck is set up for an a4ld transmission. Can i expect any problems with swapping the manual tranny into an automatic wiring harness...or can i just swap over the computer out of the donor and bypass any potential problems. Also off hand does anybody know how many electrical connections there are to the 94 m5od-r1. I know there is only 2 to the a4ld so will i have to change any of my wiring from the engine harness to the tranny?

#2 ·
I have the M5od also on a crawler project. But as I remember the M5od has the three sets of wires for the O2 sensors as it has 3 of them.
a Bk/pnk and bk/Purple (I think for the back up switch) I cannot remember 100% but I think that is it.. Also you should pick up the wiring book from ford. It has all the info on wiring both the manual and Auto, you should be able to trace what you need with the book. I had to trace every wire and it would have been impossible without it.
Brad

#3 ·
the wiring is just for neutral switch and backup..the backup is black/white and purple...

the only thing I've ever heard is if you swap from an auto to a manual..the ECM will always sense a neutral condition and bump the idle up...doenst affect anything else IIRC...check out www.therangerstation.com for more info in the TECH section..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.