Pirate 4x4 banner

braking upgrade parts list

1K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  94stepsideford 
#1 ·
Ive got a 2004 Ford ranger..doing a swap, ive got Dual Dana 80s out of a superduty, where i run into my first issue. I need to figure out the brakes.

Being a superduty they use hydoboost which as of now my truck doesnt..so im tryin to come up with a half assed list of brake parts that i need to buy..

-hydroboost from a superduty
-master cyl from a superduty
-mics. lines

what are other parts i need to get..

and am i going in the right direction or wrong and need to be turned around..

thanks in advance

#6 ·
Superduties (and to my knowledge, ANY F350), never came with a D80 up front. If the rear axle came from a dually, then it IS a D80, but all single rear wheel trucks used the Sterling 10.50 rear axle.

The front axle is either a D50 or D60.

What year and model did it come out of?

#10 ·
alright now that the bashing has started...

get a f350 master cyl off of a 88-92 (thats the years I used) and bolt it RIGHT on where the ranger master was...adapt the ranger lines with a reducer adapter..(helps to take it to napa and just let the guys do their thing!!)...then cut and re-flair the stock lines with 3/8 fittings on the ends....

then puttem on...oh...also search for how to bench bleed the master..otherwise it will take DAYS to get it to pump pressure..

the 350 master is the CLEAN one...

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.