Pirate 4x4 banner

5.0 Block Question

817 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Hyde 
#1 ·
I purchased a 5.0 motor to put in my jeep. Was told it was an HO but it's not, wrong cam firing order, plus it has Flat Tappet Lifters. My question is can I put the roller lifters and cam from a 89 mustang in my block. The block casting number is EZTE, any help would be appreciated.

#8 ·
Hey bro I heard you couldnt get the YJ fired up to go to Moyie. That blows, find out what was wrong? Oh and I noticed the Talon was gone what happened? End Hijack

#10 ·
No it looks like mine needs to be drilled and tapped to hold done the retainer, no big deal. Hyde, yea we got it running but it had the stock cam, and the wrong firing order, it should be ripping here in the next couple weeks, swing by. As for the Talon, Shelby bought it and then decided to do 150 on the fresh motor running from the cops, and ended up blowing the motor, what an idiot. Thanks for all the help guys!

#11 ·
Well I heard about the whole Talon thing and saw it at Terry's yard. As for the Heep I will stop by next time I am over in your part of the country. Good luck on the cam swap

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.