Pirate 4x4 banner

Fabtech 3.5" Super Duty Hanger ?

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Etcetera 
#1 ·
I installed the 3.5" hanger kit on a 02 F350 today. The instructions say that you just bolt the trac bar back on when you're done. It didn't sound like it would work to me. Once I finished the install the trac bar isn't close to bolting back in.

Has anybody incountered this? Any ideas? I need to figure it out soon, 'cuz the customer is picking it up tomorrow.

#4 ·
exactly...i only sell Fabtech to get ahold of their rear 3" hangers...they CAN make some decent stuff (like your hangers)...but they dont know shit about suspension geometry

You will always need an adjustable trac bar when going over 2.5" beyond factory...or what a given box kit is designed for.

I sell Donahoe Racing adjustable trac bars, if youd like a price email me. admin@farmboyfabrications.com

You could cut and sleeve it like mentioned, but its a pretty half ass way of doing things...and if you are doing this as a side business, you may get a bad reputation quick. Hell be screwed if he wants to go back down, or try any different height.

#6 · (Edited)
That kit was on my truck when I got it. It needed the following to make it right.

dropped pitman arm
adjustable track bar
extended sway bar links
dropped track bar mount

and I should have re-flipped the shackle mounting point and got some longer shackles for a better ride. If you don't get extended sway bar links they'll hang on the springs and twang them like a guitar string. Really annoying.

Make your own adjustable track bar. Swedged tube with some ends of your choice. I did mine for about $50 ordering the parts from summit or something like that. Worked great for years.

#8 ·
You probably wont be able to get DR through them...each dealer has to do a buy-in with them typically. The adjustable bar from them is $230, aluminum, and stout.

A drop pitman arm and trac bar bracket are not needed if you run the adjustable bar. Sway bar links...its borderline, you can flip the bracket from inside the fram rail, to below, and that will give you around 4"

#10 ·
I cut and sleeved the trac bar for a temporary fix. The customer plans on paying me to order the Fabtech adjustable trac bar on Monday.
If I were to make a trac bar, what rod ends fit the stock trac bar brackets?
I'm a little worried about the sway bar links since I also added a 1" zero rate from ORD.
What does it take to mount the sway bar mounts under the frame? I glanced at a superduty with a 6" pro comp lift today and saw that it had a bracket under the frame for 'em.

#11 · (Edited)
The sway bar link upper bolts pass through the frame, and a cast mount inside the frame. Unbolt the cast piece and link, and flip it to mount it to the bottom of the frame. I had mine like this but was worried about flexing and possibly cracking the frame so I got extended links. Probably a non issue, but who knows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.