Pirate 4x4 banner

Ford 8.8" & Aussie Locker problems

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  aussielocker 
#1 ·
I am having a difficult time installing an Aussie Locker into a Ford 8.8 rear axle out of a 1999 Ford explorer w/ 31 spline shafts.

Hoping someone here has come across this and can help since Aussie seems as inept as they are.

When assembling, I cannot get the cross shaft back through (7/8" diameter version). Looks like it would work if I had the 3/4" center pin. I tried just using the side gears and the pieces that capture the c-clips, but the same result.

I have gone to the trouble to try 3 different carriers for the customer with no success. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
I dont know WHO your talking to at aussielocker...but its OBVIOUSLY not Bill...he knows his stuff...www.aussielocker.com

heck..he's on HERE under the username Aussielocker

I have heard that sometimes you have to grind the pin..but never heard that you needed to for an aussielocker...are you sure you have the inside cups in right?? whats your distance between sides with the locker installed but no cross pin (they tell you to measure it to be sure..)

#3 ·
Aussie Locker

I am having a difficult time installing an Aussie Locker into a Ford 8.8 rear axle out of a 1999 Ford explorer w/ 31 spline shafts.

Hoping someone here has come across this and can help since Aussie seems as inept as they are.

When assembling, I cannot get the cross shaft back through (7/8" diameter version). Looks like it would work if I had the 3/4" center pin. I tried just using the side gears and the pieces that capture the c-clips, but the same result.

I have gone to the trouble to try 3 different carriers for the customer with no success. Any help would be appreciated.

I hope you never have to deal with Aussie on the phone, I think our government is more efficient and helpful.
This has proven to be a very difficult issue to sort out, but we feel that we have a fix. We are sending some different parts to your shop to fix this problem based on the information you provided. We apologize that it has taken longer than normal to resolve this question, but we had to do a lot of research and that involved the Australian engineering team.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.