Pirate 4x4 banner

Need Some Help With Setup!!

795 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  mustange70 
#1 ·
i have a 79 f150 with a dana44 front and 9inch rear with a 12 inch lift running 42 tsl's and was wanting to know a few things,
1) which this better aussie or the powertrax?this is for the front axle, not a debate but i need to know for my setup, no it will not be offroad all the time about 45%_60% offroad,or maybe something diff.

2) a gear guide tells me i need something higher than a 5.13 does that sound right? i was thinking like 4.88's
The truck has 460 w/c6 3 speed no od

3) i was going to put a detroit locker in the back, i would like to have a good soild setup when i do go offroad All help is greatly thanked!!!!!!

#2 ·
go 5.13 your tranny will thank you - with 42 and a dana 44 - i woul leave it open or you will snap shafts like it is going out of style - in the rear - go detroit and some 35 spline shafts -

#7 ·
there is alot of debate about that The Alloy shafts from Yukon i have heard are about the same because they groove a place for full circle clips on each cap. I would buy a 60 especially if your going to run 42's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.