Pirate 4x4 banner

ZF trans flywheel cover missing

922 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  skid row 
#1 ·
I have a 93 F-250 with a 460 and 5 speed I want to use as a beach rig/boat launcher. While it was on a rack getting a new exhaust I saw the flywheel cover was missing. Thought no problem, lots of these trucks around, but can't find one. Went to the local dealer which shows one for the 7.3 diesel but not for anything else.

Nearest junkyard is 100 miles away so I'd like to know what I'm looking for- I see Ford used the ZF 5 speed with different engines, are the covers all the same and if not can they be made to fit? I really want to get in the sand but like to keep at least some of it out of the clutch...

#2 ·
You need one from a 460. The 300, 302, 351 will not work. Im not sure that a Junkyard will have one that is readily available. Sticks are not as common. Best to call ahead, unless its a self service junkyard. It might be easier to try local classifieds, or the for sale/wanted forums.

#3 ·
The flywheel cover from a diesel should also work, I know that on a 4 speed, it's the same part, and the ZF ones don't look to be different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.